I Need Feedback On A New Map

Singleplayer Maps here.

I Need Feedback On A New Map

Postby Rogue737 » 4 April 2020, 00:35

I've played this game for years but was only recently introduced to the site. I created a new single player map and would like feed back on it. Its one of many that are all connected, although creating the rest is taking some time. If you would search for it as "Usurpation Invasion- Day 1" or the ID is "rogue737-usurpation-attack" Thank you for your time.

Rogue737

Re: I Need Feedback On A New Map

Postby apotheosis00 » 20 May 2020, 14:18

I liked the scene I emerged into, although I think the walls should be thicker, and you can use an engine mark to change the sky too. Also you could increase the aliens' health and make fewer of them instead of having armies of low-health AI.

apotheosis00
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby Phant0mB0nnie » 20 May 2020, 19:35

This is your first map, right? Anyways, I'm not an expert, but just some basic stuff I noticed from the first parts of the level:

The bad: Too many characters on screen, much lag. You're just putting Usurpations and CS soldiers next to each other, and I get you want to make a chaotic scene, but trust me, it doesn't work, I've tried it. If you want to achieve the same effect, it might be better to imitate level 31 from the PB2 campaign and have enemies teleport in. Luckily, you force the ragdolls to despawn. Also, I don't know what you're feeding the aliens, but they seem just a bit too tough to be Usurpations. And, you do use the new decors, but overall the map still looks pre v 1.32 ish. But minor detail, don't worry about it.

The GOOD: WAY WAY better than my first map. It might as well have been directed by Michael Bay. As said before. aesthetics are okay, although the stairs are weird looking. But terrain is nice, with verticality and fortified positions. Would be nice for you to add some more cover in open areas. Dialogue is... it just is, nothing to say about it.

That's all. Keep improving. It took me an entire custom maps series (and then some) to start making somewhat decent maps. Play other custom maps, especially the ones from renowned map developers, and observe how they set up the level. Anything's possible with a good grind.
Me in my imagination:
Complete and utter annihilation through superior volume of fire.

Me IRL:
Spoiler: Show More
Phant0mB0nnie
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Postby Antocd4 » 24 May 2020, 15:46

- R E D A C T E D -
Last edited by mrblake213 on 25 May 2020, 00:53, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: rude behavior

Antocd4
Recruit

Postby apotheosis00 » 24 May 2020, 21:35

Antocd4 wrote:- R E D A C T E D -

Antocd4, I don't see any maps that you've made on your profile. You should spend less time insulting map makers and actually make a map. EDIT: I've just seen how new you are. Maybe you should explore the game a little bit longer before you start saying how bad a person is at something.

apotheosis00
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby IforgotmypasswordHaHAA » 26 May 2020, 01:37

Replying to a post 1 month later to a person that is unlikely to use the forum again sure is going to be readed. Try to leave a review on the map page instead next time.
IforgotmypasswordHaHAA
Civil Security Lite [100]

Return to Singleplayer Maps