server ping bombing

Give us your feedback about the website! Or have an idea? Post it here!

server ping bombing

Postby Darnit525 » 22 March 2020, 19:22

ping vote ratio needs to change, since it's possible to bomb a game using -ping 10, i experienced this with 2 people online, a guest who voted -ping 10 and me who voted against it, resulting the game being shut down, i think 3 votes in favour of ping change should be required to override 1 vote against.
Darnit525
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Re: server ping bombing

Postby Girl_Power » 22 March 2020, 22:08

I'm pretty sure there are already multiple topics made for this, but I'll say it again.

As most of you know, if there are only two people in a match and one person decides to be a jerk and nuke/ping-bomb the match (usually -ping 10) and then leaves the match right after typing in "-ping 10", there is nothing you can do to stop it. This problem should've been updated a long time ago but it's never too late to fix this.

This is what I strongly believe should happen:
Spoiler: Show More
If there is one person in a match, there should be two votes (0/2) <--- Fixes the nuking/ping-bombing problem
If there are two people in a match, there should still be two votes (0/2)
If there are three people in a match, there should still be two votes (0/2)

(I'll shorten it down to make it easier to read...)

Four people in a match --> (0/3)
Five people in a match --> (0/3)
Six people in a match --> (0/4)

You guys starting to see this pattern..?

Seven people in a match --> (0/4)
Eight people in a match --> (0/5)
Nine people in a match --> (0/5)
Ten people in a match --> (0/6)

What I'm trying to say here is that it should take at least 50% of the total amount of players in the match to agree with a certain ping in order to change it. With this feature implemented, it would be make it so changing a match's ping less difficult without giving people too much power to nuke/ping-bomb the match.

Another idea I had in mind is that if a person votes on a certain ping and then decides to leave the match when the voting timer is still active, his/her vote should not be counted. This would also solve the nuking/ping-bombing problem we see very often.
Forever young, ever strong, ever brave.
Girl_Power
Noir Lime [600]

Re: server ping bombing

Postby Darnit525 » 24 March 2020, 19:07

yeah, this'd be a massive improvement i think.
Darnit525
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Return to Website / PB2 Game