Spoiler: Show More
https://imgur.com/a/rhbuZE3

Usurpation AK74u
https://imgur.com/a/SMRuNzU

(not rly good) Futuristic AK74U
https://imgur.com/a/CG2hojY

Futuristic.... .. . i forgot this weapon's name XD (cause pls help me to call it too))
https://imgur.com/a/bQaNbFP

Electro cannon
https://imgur.com/a/VRPHgaf

XDDDDDDDDDDD
daft punk 777
Falkok [250]

Re: small collection of my works

Postby Roxxar » 19 May 2019, 06:19

futuristic pistol and electro cannon's designs are best

stay away from realistic designs. they dont fit in with the game and they're aesthetic isn't even present in any faction other than civil security (and even then their designs are still pretty modern i.e. no wood or rigid modular parts).

practice fluid + ergonomic design and dont forget to make the outlines a darker color than the inside colors.
Roxxar
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby daft punk 777 » 19 May 2019, 10:12

ok ty. but i want real weapons in the game. futurictic is cool but sometimes .......
daft punk 777
Falkok [250]

Postby phsc » 19 May 2019, 15:15

Then make realistic guns!

Currently your skill isn't good enought to get into the game, even then if it did I don't think Eric would like them much so maybe they wouldn't get added but he would not say that to your face yet just not pick them on the poll if the selection period is like last times.
And how are you going to get better? create some realistic guns, and not kidding, maybe even do some tracing and other things to get proportions right, of course use the guns in PB2 too because proportions of real life guns when going into PB2 can get weird (the AV-135 currently is too long probably because of that)
When your realistic guns are all cool-sexy then make some futuristic stuff, and save them to submit to PB2.5 if that possibility happens, if it doesn't which is very likely, then at least you had fun drawing and that is what you should look for in my opinion.
phsc
Noir Lime [600]

Postby tehswordninja » 19 May 2019, 15:41

I'd like to mention that "realistic" doesn't have to mean you just make another generic AK or M16. Simply that it looks plausible, and well, realistic. It can be a completely fictional weapon that you make, but if it looks like something that could actually exist then I'd consider that realistic.
who needs a PB2.5 release date, anyways?
tehswordninja
Proxy [700]

Postby Roxxar » 19 May 2019, 21:08

of course i suppose you can make "realistic" guns if you take that term literally. my focus is ergonomic/fluid design that looks plausible, not some kind of ascendant next generation blueprint

but yeah i mean dont just make guns that already exist today. i've seen it before when artists just trace "modern" guns (like AK74u, wood-based WW2 rifles, even more modern guns like Uzi, PDW, revolvers, etc.); thats not what belongs in this subsection of the forum. if we're gonna talk technically, the still art forum is meant for art specifically directed to or otherwise belonging to the aesthetic/theme of plazma burst 2.
Roxxar
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby phsc » 19 May 2019, 22:21

just going to mention that a really common thing trough all of PB2s history is trying to create real life stuff in it, like WW2 themed things, or simply modern warfare on it, and having some realistic modern guns would greatly help map makers when it comes out, mostly considering the fact one will be able to create skins with that editor eric showed back in i think 2015 and that would allow for nice different themed PB2 maps and it is easy to imagine it would be a popular thing in PB2.5

also just make whatever you want and put the name under Civil Security, people are going to say "oh but there are a lot of CS guns in the game right now!" but that is what people like the most, also considering we have like a rival faction that has not many guns right now that would be the AV-135 and the Needle and the RPG and some other weapons in it would be nice to add more into it and it is quite obvious that the majority of players tend to like more realistic guns as the poll for what guns to add into that update clearly showed that with more realistic designs being accepted instead of some crazy alien stuff (though there was a general lack of them)
phsc
Noir Lime [600]

Return to Still Art