Removal of 1 star voting damage?

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

Do you agree on removing LDr. getting damaged by rating 1 star?

1. Yes.
24%
2. No.
76%

Total votes : 25

Re: Removal of 1 star voting damage?

Postby Incompetence » 12 May 2019, 19:05

Lance Ryder Wilson wrote:And You clearly misunderstood, I meant that rating 1 should not damage the creator's LDr that's all.

i disagree with this. LDR is meant to reflect the quality of your overall mapmaking. it's why ratings influence it to begin with. the same way 5 star rates increase your LDR and give the impression of quality mapmaking, the same way you need to have 1 star rates illustrate the opposite. you can't just have one or the other without changing how LDR works. rage-voting is going to be a problem no matter what. stopping 1 star rates from affecting LDR won't just stop rage voters from moving on to the next worst thing and rating 2s instead. that's how slippery slopes are made, because things that aren't really difficult to handle like rage-voting get complained about in a self-centered point of view like with this topic

rage-voting usually is obvious in most cases. someone voting 1 on a couple maps is questionable at best but still, people have the right to vote 1 if they don't like your map. calling those cases rage-voting is a matter of opinion which is why you're supposed to report it anyways, so that the staff can decide whether it really is or isn't
Incompetence
Civil Security Heavy [300]

Postby maxim12 » 12 May 2019, 21:10

MLG COOL DOMINIK wrote:
maxim12 wrote:I've so far only one time used the 1 star voting option on one horrid troll map that crashed my flash-player (And then the map creator hilariously called his friends and together with them he 1 star voted almost all of my maps, tsk tsk immaturity.)

Proof?

Why do I need to provide proof for you? Check it yourself if you care much.

(Just to say, that happened long ago, around when the very first PB2 forums were only just created, so I had much fewer maps back then what I have now.)
Thunder and Blood

maxim12
Phoenix Falkok [450]

Postby Lance Ryder Wilson » 12 May 2019, 22:39

Incompetence wrote:
Lance Ryder Wilson wrote:And You clearly misunderstood, I meant that rating 1 should not damage the creator's LDr that's all.

i disagree with this. LDR is meant to reflect the quality of your overall mapmaking. it's why ratings influence it to begin with. the same way 5 star rates increase your LDR and give the impression of quality mapmaking, the same way you need to have 1 star rates illustrate the opposite. you can't just have one or the other without changing how LDR works. rage-voting is going to be a problem no matter what. stopping 1 star rates from affecting LDR won't just stop rage voters from moving on to the next worst thing and rating 2s instead. that's how slippery slopes are made, because things that aren't really difficult to handle like rage-voting get complained about in a self-centered point of view like with this topic

rage-voting usually is obvious in most cases. someone voting 1 on a couple maps is questionable at best but still, people have the right to vote 1 if they don't like your map. calling those cases rage-voting is a matter of opinion which is why you're supposed to report it anyways, so that the staff can decide whether it really is or isn't

Okay, I agree with it, but staff should take action against it, if it clearly is an unreasonable vote. ECC9 And Wazzasski Rated one because they wanted to annoy me and destroy my LDr. I even provided proof publically.

But I agree, that you said it shouldn't be removed, but at least change it a little or at least staff should take action against this when reported.

Lance Ryder Wilson
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby phsc » 12 May 2019, 23:22

Okay, I agree with it

good you realize how stupid this is

but staff should take action against it

oh nvm you dont, but ok

if it clearly is an unreasonable vote.

so now this, this is much more complex than you imagine my dude
that word, reason, it generates so much conflict within this, mostly because of how ambiguous the metaphysical idealized transcedental concepts behind it are

so according to the oxford dictionary, there are a few most common meanings for it

A cause, explanation, or justification for an action or event.
that is how you are using it, UN REASON ABLE, it is unable to reason(for it), or
The power of the mind to think, understand, and form judgements logically. which would act as a verb

but now we fall into a big discussion, should map making rates follow reason? and by that, thinking? because not all human actions are done by reason, some are by feeling, and if i feel that something is good, or i feel like something is beautiful, is that not valid from your point of view? but then we fall into another big problem which is, reason... we kind of feel that reason is the way to go, or achieving or objectives in the most efficient way is the way to go and we use reason towards it, but we still feel, and the amount of conflict generates by all of this is absurd

buuuut since youre probably using it coming from the first meaning, it still has problems
A cause, explanation, or justification for an action or event.
what defines a valid cause? does it need to follow reason or rationality? but then staff doesnt really understand logical fallacies enought to understand what is and what is not and hell it even falls into the case i mentioned before, what is a valid justification? what our arbitrary staff thinks is, but it falls on a big problem which is, staff changes, so lets say zap approves stryde-sniper4, oh wait zap left, tempus looks at it and hes not that active so he did not see it being approved, NOT APPROVED, or it can generate a case where many staff members are involved and then some agree and some disagree, if it is a 2 vs 2 case the highest rank wins because of simply power, but what if it is like all admins vs all moderators? what is right? there are more moderators so... democracy? well it doesnt mean it is right or wrong based on logic itself, and well argumentum ad populum exists and its a fallacy for a reason
reason in the case of explanation implies what i already mentioned before

so what can we achieve out of this? it doesnt matter if it has a reasoning behind it, if you empirically enjoy a song, you would need to explain why, most people dont know why and just say "oh its nice" and there is no problem with that, someone who has knowledge on how the brain works would use an argument that explains how the brain processes it, while one with knowledge of music theory is going to explain the correlation betwen the notes but coming of a base that doesnt define what is good or bad(depends on the era culture specific kind of thinking etc) and it generated conflict even there, but what if your brain is different? that means he needs to study you? AND WHY WOULDNT IT APPLY TOWARDS MAP MAKING?
god this is too big nobody is reading this but i think those who do will understand what im saying

ECC9 And Wazzasski Rated one because they wanted to annoy me and destroy my LDr.

and why is that invalid? lets say you really like pb2 maps, and youre making a (according to your opinion) cool-sexy map, then someone you dislike makes a (according to the public opinion) better map, you will probably dislike it out of feelings of envy or something, why is that invalid? because it isnt objective i imagine, well beauty isnt, the experience one has also isnt, reality also isnt, we kind of assume it is for a few things such as science, but is art science? Hegel would like to talk to you - Lectures on Aesthetics - well, if we dont consider experience and try to set an absolute thing, in the future the common sense of what is a good pb2 map will change like it has in the past and it will, should we update it? but it always changes, so lets set a arbitrary period of time? but what if someone wants a map approved a few days before the change of the rules? i mean this is obviously not realistic at all and staff wouldnt do it as eric wouldnt approve it n etc n etc
so the best thing that can come out of this is that "eric owns the game and he says what is good or bad" but we are the ones that keep the gaming rule like pure supply and demand, who is right? its erics property, but he does it... for us? actually eric does it for himself and probably to make kids happy n etc, he doesnt make much money out of pb2, and it also falls into a problem, if that is the case and the community agrees that eric sets it, is eric still doing what the community says should be done, because eric is making the decision, not the community, at least after that
so i dont think much can come out of this, would find it interesting if someone has cool-sexy arguments

and even then what is the problem with lowering your LDR rank if it is supposed to show who is good and who is bad? maybe they dont want you to look good because they simply think you are not, and the proof thing well it is more complex than that

I even provided proof publically.

now big big problems, why is revenge not valid, isnt that why people are banned, the general concept? X does something bad so we will do something bad to X so he does not do more bad things

lance ryder wilson votes 1 so i will vote 1 on him so he does not vote 1 anymore

why is it right when staff does it, only? also do you guys realize that it does not seem to work, like, at all
its like
>I WILL PUT PERSON X AT PRISON AND THAT PERSON WONT COMMIT CRIMES"
>COMES OUT OF PRISON WITH HATRED, COMMITS CRIMES
>thinking emooji
the simple fact htis happens shows that it will happen in other cases, it depends on the individual of course, some will and some wont, but it is quite obvious a lot do

the "enjoy my rating" is not a problem, how do you know he doesnt have a valid reason behind that? what if he had but it was in the comment?

in the second case where Yoda Gaming says he would "abuse" the ability, why would he do it? he might be angry you delete comments, he might think the maps are bad and well the envy and revenge thing etc etc etc that must be fixed before this is

the lol comment can be a good reason, maybe he thinks the map is so bad it is ridiculous, why is that invalid?

THE FACT THAT TOP LEVEL EDITORS RANK EXIST DOESNT MEAN ANYTHING, its completely arbitrary, i could verify all plays that are online daily with the search function then create a top ranking based on number of deaths using the php extract thing, and create a ranking, would that mean that grinding deaths is good? THAT IS PURELY SUBJECTIVE AND WHAT IS WORHT AND WHAT IS NOT ALSO IS BECAUSE THE CONCEPT OF WORTH IS PLEASE IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ME GO REFUTE THE FOLLOWING:
hayek mises friedman(both) bawerk hoppe rothbard descartes hayek leibniz kant AND A BUNCH OF PEOPLE THAT SAY EXPERIENCE IS SUBJECTIVE WHICH CAN DEDUCE SUBJECTIVE WORTH AND EVERYTHING IS AN OPINION AFTER ALL
including accepting mine so yo ucan say "i feel like youre wrong" but i think its good enought to make most people(who happen to follow reason) think youre ridiculous

But I agree

you dont

that you said it shouldn't be removed

ok

but at least change it a little or at least staff should take action against this when reported.

ok, so we have apples, bananas and pears, i dont like pears, so lets change pears into avocados, or let staff decide when pears are good

YOU ARE REMOVING THE 1 STAR RATE AND THUS REMOVING A PROPERTY OR CHARACTERISTIC THAT DEFINES THE CURRENT RATING SYSTEM AND ACCORDING TO SOME FANCY-ASS LAW BY LEIBNIZ KNOWN AS Identity of Indiscernibles IT IS NOT THE SAME THING though there can be problems in it because of our limited knowledge to define things which just happened but it does not refute that it just makes it impossible to be used in practice but in this case it is obvious that it is true and even if is not we can edit the law so it does by removing the part that might be refuted

so you still disagree with it

but you wont bother reading right?

so i hope eric doesnt read yours

BUT WE ALSO FALL INTO A PROBLEM WHICH IS THAT DISCORD CAN BE EDITED AND HERE IS PROOF

!111!!!!11!!!!1eleven!!!!
phsc
Noir Lime [600]

Postby android kit-kat » 13 May 2019, 11:49

Even then, with all the truths you've stated... can't you just, "let go"? like others do when they have their own personal map-hater? or, you might wanna talk to those so called "annoyers" personally and see what makes them despises your map so much that they spend their time to actually stalk your account in order to badly rate it.
Maybe you didn't treat them nicely, maybe there was a misunderstanding. Loving or hating is one's right. Quite frankly, you can't be loved by everyone.
"Freedom of expression is the idea that you can voice what you want, or say what you want. It does not necessarily mean that people are forced to listen to you."
android kit-kat
Recruit

Postby Kiriakos Gr96 » 13 May 2019, 16:18

I took a look at the votes of Wazzasski and the there are 2 votes that are made 5 months ago.
And generaly the votes that he provided does not seem to abuse the rating system.
Kiriakos Gr96
Administrator

Postby ECC9 » 13 May 2019, 19:24

KIRIAKOS GR96 wrote:I took a look at the votes of Wazzasski and the there are 2 votes that are made 5 months ago.
And generaly the votes that he provided does not seem to abuse the rating system.

I had my own reason to that 1 voting too....
Discord: ECC9#6057

ECC9
Civil Security Boss [500]

Postby ECC9 » 14 May 2019, 12:19

Lance Ryder Wilson wrote: Yes, you have the right to comment or not, but you do not have the right to go on and abuse the tool, because it is against the Code of Conduct of PB2.

So everyone who rate your maps 1 is abusing the tool and its againts pb2 rules. Ok

ECC9

Postby Lance Ryder Wilson » 15 May 2019, 09:22

ECC9 wrote:
Lance Ryder Wilson wrote: Yes, you have the right to comment or not, but you do not have the right to go on and abuse the tool, because it is against the Code of Conduct of PB2.

So everyone who rate your maps 1 is abusing the tool and its againts pb2 rules. Ok

Lance Ryder Wilson wrote:but you do not have the right to go on and abuse the tool, because it is against the Code of Conduct of PB2.

Read the whole message.

https://prnt.sc/nn5cr3
https://prnt.sc/nn5d6m - Yes I voted 1, but I removed them, besides that, I was banned.

Lance Ryder Wilson

Postby ECC9 » 15 May 2019, 12:36

I don't see why it's still a abuse and I don't know why do you think we care 'bout you being banned...

I still don't know what the deliciously exquisite pizza sauce do you want to say with it and how this connects to this topic..

I see you wanna change the topic about I asked a few posts ago.

lol

ECC9

Postby MLG COOL DOMINIK » 15 May 2019, 14:06

Lance Ryder Wilson wrote:
ECC9 wrote:

Lance Ryder Wilson wrote:but you do not have the right to go on and abuse the tool, because it is against the Code of Conduct of PB2.

Read the whole message.

https://prnt.sc/nn5cr3
https://prnt.sc/nn5d6m - Yes I voted 1, but I removed them, besides that, I was banned.

You also rated 1 lance...
Nobody actually plays this game now, do they?
MLG COOL DOMINIK

Postby ECC9 » 15 May 2019, 14:33

k Dominik...

I think if you want you can lock the topic because it's 16 - 6.
How long do you want the poll to be open?

ECC9

Postby MLG COOL DOMINIK » 15 May 2019, 15:11

ECC9 wrote:k Dominik...

i was talking to lance about how he rated your map 1 too
Nobody actually plays this game now, do they?
MLG COOL DOMINIK

Postby Lance Ryder Wilson » 16 May 2019, 11:56

MLG COOL DOMINIK wrote:
ECC9 wrote:k Dominik...

i was talking to lance about how he rated your map 1 too

Yes, I did, I was banned for it and later I removed it. When I asked ECC9 to remove those votes, he went like "No, I forgot to block, pizza sauce", and blocked me. And when reported to staff that he voted my map 1, staff did not even touched him.

Lance Ryder Wilson

Postby ECC9 » 16 May 2019, 17:46

Answer my question lol
Don't deliciously exquisite pizza sauce change the topic
This only will be continued as some pizza sauce shit drama
Maybe cuz yall staff are tired of yo shit.

ECC9

Postby BLAST3R » 17 May 2019, 13:20

Lance Ryder Wilson wrote:Yes, I did, I was banned for it and later I removed it. When I asked ECC9 to remove those votes, he went like "No, I forgot to block, pizza sauce", and blocked me. And when reported to staff that he voted my map 1, staff did not even touched him.

ECC9 your map 1 star because he didn't like it/he doesn't like you, this does not mean you can just go to one of ECC's maps and rate it 1 star. You don't counteract ragevoting with ragevoting. You got banned because ECC9 rated your map 1 star first and you rated his map 1 star back(even if it was a good map).

Also just stop caring about LDR, it is completely useless.
^just think about that before talking about fame n stuff.
(fame in pb2 LUL)

BLAST3R
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby ECC9 » 17 May 2019, 14:20

This topic isn't even about removing 1 star anymore so I guess it can be locked.

ECC9

Postby Lance Ryder Wilson » 18 May 2019, 08:26

BLAST3R wrote:
Lance Ryder Wilson wrote:You don't counteract ragevoting with ragevoting.

Okay? Why staff doesn't do anything when I report to them?

Lance Ryder Wilson

Postby wazzasski » 21 May 2019, 21:28

Holy hell. You decided to bring that up after five months ago? I have reasons to rate your map for one star rating, because I disagreed how you copied someone’s map and you said you didnt originally create that like tf? It’s called plagiarism.
wazzasski
Recruit

Postby Lance Ryder Wilson » 22 May 2019, 09:04

wazzasski wrote:Holy hell. You decided to bring that up after five months ago?

Nothing personal, I was showing that some users rate 1 to destroy LDr.

wazzasski wrote:I have reasons to rate your map for one star rating, because I disagreed how you copied someone’s map and you said you didnt originally create that like tf? It’s called plagiarism.

Okay? I didn't fully copied the map. That map was deleted like 2 years and 6 months ago. I recreated it after that long time. How am I able to copy everything? I copied the story, yes I had the creator's consent and he actually thanked me for reviving it.

I gave him credit literally at the start, even at the description.

Lance Ryder Wilson

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion