Removal of 1 star voting damage?

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

Do you agree on removing LDr. getting damaged by rating 1 star?

1. Yes.
24%
2. No.
76%

Total votes : 25

Removal of 1 star voting damage?

Postby Lance Ryder Wilson » 8 May 2019, 19:35

Well, I have never seen anyone using negative voting in an honest way even if I did, it was rare, two users have voted 1 star on a map where I have worked on for like 2 months. The reason that they had was, they hate me.

Now you will say ask staff to remove them, I have reported to Admin (DoomZerker), [Previous] Head Moderator (Zap) and Moderator (Protonoid), and no action was taken. Zap and Protonoid responded, they said that can't do anything, ask an Admin, Admins won't do anything.

These votes have freezed my LDr., and this needs to be removed.

Lance Ryder Wilson
Civil Security Lite [100]

Re: Removal of 1 star voting damage?

Postby ECC9 » 8 May 2019, 19:43

I dont think this is fair to everyone who have a map and to the ones who rate maps 1. You can't be 100% sure bout it being honest when someone rates your map/s 1. Because you worked your maps 2 months the 1 start vote must count as well.

I feel like you are seeing only your benefits wtih this idea and you should see all the pb2 community.
Discord: ECC9#6057

ECC9
Civil Security Boss [500]

Postby Lance Ryder Wilson » 8 May 2019, 22:36

ECC9 wrote:I feel like you are seeing only your benefits wtih this idea and you should see all the pb2 community.

I am not suggesting just because it happened to me, k?

My friend's LDr got damaged because Some trolls rated 1.

And You clearly misunderstood, I meant that rating 1 should not damage the creator's LDr that's all.

Resi wrote:LDR is worthless, you shouldn't care about it.

Okay? You find it worthless, I don't.

Resi wrote:If you have decisive evidence someone ragevoted your map, they will be banned and you may have the rating changed.

Staff didn't do anything, they either told me to talk to a higher or didn't respond.

Lance Ryder Wilson

Postby ECC9 » 8 May 2019, 22:43

I know what you mean.

Then your friends, or you, it's makes no sense lol.
If 1 star shouldn't damage ldr then there wouldn't be a rating system lol. Because 1 doesn't count its totally bullshit.

ECC9

Postby phsc » 8 May 2019, 23:18

Well, I have never seen anyone using negative voting in an honest way even if I did, it was rare

I've never seen a bear in my life, that means bears dont exist, got to love empiricism
but ok I mean you did see a bear like, at rare times! uh...

What defines honesty? there are maps that are complete trash, robloxplazmaalen_yt-sniper, please tell me that map isnt worth a 1 star rating, I voted high for ironic reasons, so people do vote for honest reasons, but what makes wanting to use sarcasm not honest? it is the purest of my thoughts, how do you know others are lying? can you literally read their minds with psychic powers? even then, what if someone truly thinks a map is worth 1 because the CRITERIA THEY VOTE IS DIFFERENT, lets say I want to get in PB2 and play a map that is fun, I want it to be fun, and then the map is a bunch of complicated triggering with bunch of amazing extreme-detailed decorations, in that persons view, it is not what that person wants and thus that person rates 1, also the fact that those who are ignorant in map making many times don't know how to make a complex map, and people can be used to different map styles, maybe people like chairs that are bigger than the character or some like ones that perfectly fit, if one likes a bigger one he is going to think a smaller one is bad, it is like someone who listens to indian classical music and then listens to mumble rap, the persons taste is different, and even then, what does honesty change? let's say we all believe that 2+2 is 5, if someone who believes 2+2 is also 5 for some reasons says its 4, that person isn't being honest, but that person is right, but even then in this case it is beauty and it isn't objective, read Hegel on it.

two users have voted 1 star on a map where I have worked on for like 2 months.

Time does not mean quality, I can spend 24 hours for two years adding walls to a map, is it good?
It's like saying that someone who spends 2 hours making something is better than someone who spends 1 hour making it, what matters is the result not the process, the process only matters if we are going to take efficiency as the method but in art it tends not to be considered as much unless let's say you join PB2s map making contest but you take 6 months to make a map, in theory if the map isn't even that good and you spent 2 months on it it can even be bad, it can indicate that you're not effective and in a general way incompetent.

The reason that they had was, they hate me.

Well, what if that is not the main reason? what if the map is bad? and why doesn't ethos matter? it's like, I will use a example used a lot in the guitar world, Yngwie Malmsteen, the dude is really virtuous in his playing, but he is a complete d-bag, people say he is bad because of that, and why cannot they say it? what is art? art is the experience, if there is a negative thing to the experience, it is worse, like someone coughing a lot in a classical concert that is supposed to be quiet, it makes it worse, why doesn't the experience the existance of a person affect it? if someone is really ugly, wouldn't it disgust you? like extremely, that affects the experience, if someone I hate makes something bad I will rate low because I want that person to be bad probably because that person made me feel bad or because I'm like sadistic or something, if someone I hate makes something good, and that person gave me a bad experience, fairness will kick in and I want to give said person a bad experience, that is how most people's mind works.

Now you will say ask staff to remove them, I have reported to Admin (DoomZerker), [Previous] Head Moderator (Zap) and Moderator (Protonoid), and no action was taken.

Why is that staff work? is there anything on the rules that mentions it? when it is a massive 1 star spam it is obvious it is intentional, but if it is a single map, deal with it.

Zap and Protonoid responded, they said that can't do anything, ask an Admin

Well they're not admins so probably they don't have the rights to edit that kind of stuff.

Admins won't do anything.

What admins? did you consider they have time? is there anything that says they must?

These votes have freezed my LDr.

Cool, I wouldn't care about some double in a database that is converted to a string and then appears on my screen, nobody cares about LDR, it means nothing, many bad map makers have high LDR, it is about popularity not quality, mapmakers such as Mrnat, Ditzy and Hexagon are all extremely low on it, and I don't walk around demanding them to be higher, because LDR is based on quantity not quality and even then quality is subjective but won't get into that, LDR is much more affected by the big masses, think of it as pop music compared to classical music, it does not mean pop music is bad, or that classical music is good, it means that they both serve different purposes and supply and demand does the rest.

and this needs to be removed.

"I dislike A, thus A should be removed"
Logical examples:
Hitler: I dislike jews, so jews must be removed.
Me: I dislike everybody on earth, so they all must be removed.
Random person: I dislike Lance Ryder Wilson, so he must be removed.

Opinions are subjective, they won't achieve anything, with such poor backing even worse, you need to learn how to deal with things you deslike unless the vast majority of people dislike so the real democracy called supply and demand kicks in and does the job, that is how true ethics are defined, prices, etc, you can even make an argument that it is literally darwinism, survival of the fittest, and in this case you are not fit.
In my opinion what happens here is that you're quite a spoiled elitistic being.

I agree with most that has been said by others in this post, I will comment on what else you said.

I am not suggesting just because it happened to me, k?

Other cases? examples? actual facts? and you are suggesting it because it happened with you, it is obvious, the main topic of the post is that.

My friend's LDr got damaged because Some trolls rated 1.

What trolls, what friend, what maps(his and yours), how do you know they are trolls and not people who are just voting 1 for any reason at all?

And You clearly misunderstood, I meant that rating 1 should not damage the creator's LDr that's all.

Rates of 1 shouldn't damage the LDR
"Guns shouldn't have real bullets"
It kills the function of 1 rates, it kills the function of a gun! it is removing its use, it is like "let's remove balls from soccer", how do you even play soccer without a ball?

I guess my opinion on this topic is quite obvious already.
phsc
Noir Lime [600]

Postby BLAST3R » 9 May 2019, 12:18

What do you win with ldr? Does Max teabag get a salary of 500$ a month for being the mapmaker with the most LDR?
Of course not. And if you're talking about the fame that you get for having a high ldr, its a 2d dead flash game for god's sake. If you're going to get this offended by someone voing your map 1 star than stop mapmaking in the first place.
Nobody is forced to like your maps, working 2 months on it does not mean it is good. And if they are ragevoting because they don't like you than you gotta live with it.

BLAST3R
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby mrblake213 » 9 May 2019, 13:37

I do understand where Lance is saying though.
I mean at first I was really careful and passionate in maintaining my LDr and climbing up the leaderboards. When I have a map that reduces my rank, I either delete it or unpublish it so that my rank would still be maintained. But these days, I noticed that it only reduces my potential to create and express new and unique maps which is why I decided to actually just let things flow.

With all this, I don't agree with the removal of the 1 star voting because there are still some honest people who would rate maps with a star because it's the highest they can give for that specific map. Rating was always and will be subjective.

You can always report people who rage vote (a person who rates a lot of your maps with 1 star) then get them banned.
[center] [/center]
mrblake213
Proxy [700]

Postby Cliduff » 9 May 2019, 20:29

Let me tell you that most times, fame is bad

I would not be bothering doing a post like this for something that is already considered normal in plazma burst 2, I understand that it is annoying that you put 1 star on a map of yours that you strived to do. the admins are not Eric Gurt and you have to accept it. This is like if you were asking youtube to remove the Dislike button

Why Billie Eilish considers fame a disgust? Because fame is not good

So worrying about losing your LDR because someone voted 1 star sounds stupid.
Last edited by Cliduff on 10 May 2019, 21:15, edited 1 time in total.

Cliduff
Recruit

Postby Lance Ryder Wilson » 10 May 2019, 07:48

mrblake213 wrote:You can always report people who rage vote (a person who rates a lot of your maps with 1 star) then get them banned.

Apparently I did not make myself clear before.

Staff did NOT do anything, I even reported it to many staff members.

Cliduff wrote:This is like if you were asking youtube to remove the Dislike button

Why Billie Eilish considers fame a disgust? Because fame is not good

Completely and totally irrelevant.

ECC9 and Wazzasski rate one and got away, Wazzasski Even told other users to rated 1 to destroy my LDr(I even have proof). and staff did not even do anything, that's my point. Either staff take action or this system needs to be removed.

BLAST3R wrote:What do you win with ldr? Does Max teabag get a salary of 500$ a month for being the mapmaker with the most LDR?
Of course not.

Okay, the answer is simple. I want to get in best custom Level Developer List.

BLAST3R wrote:And if you're talking about the fame that you get for having a high ldr, its a 2d dead flash game for god's sake. If you're going to get this offended by someone vo[t]ing your map 1 star than stop mapmaking in the first place.

I do not care if it is a dead game or an alive game, It is a game. And don't tell me to stop mapmaking, I am not going to.

BLAST3R wrote:Nobody is forced to like your maps,

Okay? When did I said I forced people to like them? They can vote 1, but at least have a logical reason to.

BLAST3R wrote:And if they are ragevoting because they don't like you [then] you gotta live with it.

So, you mean that, I should watch them rage voting 1, when I have put a lot of effort into my new maps.

Sorry if I came across rude or disrespectful. :sorry:

Lance Ryder Wilson

Postby Kiriakos Gr96 » 10 May 2019, 10:47

Sorry but i'm against this idea.
If a player abuse the map rating system report it with proof to us.
I take a look at your map votes and i did not see anything unusual remember 1 or 2 rates its not abuse.
Kiriakos Gr96
Administrator

Postby MLG COOL DOMINIK » 10 May 2019, 14:44

Resi wrote:This thread is just gonna end dramatic, so you should probably DM Kiri in discord with the proof. Kiri is probably the nicest person in the entire staff team, and although he doesn't have much time, he's there when he can.

If the staff haven't done anything, try again.

Actually he should show the proof to everybody so we can actually believe him.
Nobody actually plays this game now, do they?
MLG COOL DOMINIK
Civil Security Heavy [300]

Postby mrblake213 » 10 May 2019, 14:47

Lance Ryder Wilson wrote:Apparently I did not make myself clear before.

KIRIAKOS GR96 wrote:Sorry but i'm against this idea.
I take a look at your map votes and i did not see anything unusual remember 1 or 2 rates its not abuse.

So this basically answered your question. It's not that staff won't answer your report. It's because they find your report as invalid and doesn't break the Code of Conduct.
[center] [/center]
mrblake213
Proxy [700]

Postby WolfMaster12 » 10 May 2019, 18:57

LDr is objectively useless and worthless. You don't need it. You can't brag with it. You can't do anything with it.

And frankly, if you chase LDr in mapmaking, then something has gone wrong with your thinking.

Rage-voting exists. It's a form of rage, typically produced by raging little brats who you killed once in retaliation in a random base map you can't remember. Many other games have raging brats in other forms. You can't get rid of them. You have to live with them, in harmony or not.

You ask me, 1-star votes should still count. We can't be all positive about maps. Sometimes, a map is shitty. 1-star voting reminds them/us of that, and then they/we can potentially strive for higher quality and/or enjoyability. And a rage-voter can be reported with proof. DM it to a staff member in Discord.

The main point of making maps is to unleash your creativity, to have fun with building something. The main rule of such things is that you can enjoy doing something like this. If you are bothered by rage-voting, 1-star rating for any other reason or the loss of your LDr, then you can't enjoy it. It's that simple.
More cheese for the sir over here!
WolfMaster12

Postby Cliduff » 10 May 2019, 21:11

WolfMaster12 wrote:LDr is objectively useless and worthless. You don't need it. You can't brag with it. You can't do anything with it.

And frankly, if you chase LDr in mapmaking, then something has gone wrong with your thinking.

Rage-voting exists. It's a form of rage, typically produced by raging little brats who you killed once in retaliation in a random base map you can't remember. Many other games have raging brats in other forms. You can't get rid of them. You have to live with them, in harmony or not.

You ask me, 1-star votes should still count. We can't be all positive about maps. Sometimes, a map is shitty. 1-star voting reminds them/us of that, and then they/we can potentially strive for higher quality and/or enjoyability. And a rage-voter can be reported with proof. DM it to a staff member in Discord.

The main point of making maps is to unleash your creativity, to have fun with building something. The main rule of such things is that you can enjoy doing something like this. If you are bothered by rage-voting, 1-star rating for any other reason or the loss of your LDr, then you can't enjoy it. It's that simple.

Exactly

Cliduff
Recruit

Postby ECC9 » 10 May 2019, 22:39

For example If "we" rate your maps 1 and don't comment that doesn't means we don't have a reason.

We have the right to comment it or not :p

ECC9

Postby phsc » 11 May 2019, 00:33

JESUS deliciously exquisite pizza sauce CHRIST PEOPLE deliciously exquisite pizza sauce THINK

ok first of all, VALUE IS SUBJECTIVE, just because you think SOMETHING IS WORTH SOMETHING or WORTH NOTHING IT MEANS NOTHING, read what I've said, THE PROBLEM IS NOT LDR YET THAT THE IDEA IS deliciously exquisite pizza sauce TERRIBLE.

Let me refute some people here, or general concepts:
A LOT OF PEOPLE wrote:WHERE IS THE PROOF!

We get into a big problem with this mentality because there is no definition of what is proof in PB2, and lets say someone has two maps, I dislike said person thus I rate 1 on his 2 maps, the value is low, maybe the maps are actually bad, bad and good is subjective, whoever is going to see if it is breaking the rules or not is going to make a ARBITRARY DECISION WHICH HAS MANY OTHER FACTORS SUCH AS BIAS TO BE CONSIDERED, and that is terrible, of course past history might help but what if said person has changed but considers both maps really terrible in his subjective view?

ALMOST EVERYBODY wrote:LDR IS USELESS!

IN YOUR OPINION!!! if someone cares about strings of text let said person care, it is his opinion and you can consider it dumb, but people can like and dislike or put value into anything, how much would you pay to literally eat shit? probably you wouldn't, now what if you have a scat fetish? that is an extreme example but minimal things change, because people are different.

WolfMaster12 wrote:LDr is objectively useless and worthless. You don't need it. You can't brag with it. You can't do anything with it.

IT IS NOT OBJECTIVELY USELESS AND WORTHLESS USE IS SUBJECTIVE AND VALUE IS SUBJECTIVE PLEASE IF YOU DISAGREE REFUTE JEVONS MENGER MISES HOPPE maybe even David Ricardo, that is the biggest problem with our modern society and it's mentality.

USE IS ALSO SUBJECTIVE, first of all you're being extremely arrogant and considering yourself superior to others because you assume that you know everything possible to do with a thing, now just with the current information it is possible to refute you, LDR can be worth something, and here is a simple example:
-Dude who made this topic thinks LDR has value.
-Probably there are more people in this game who think it has value, but let's take only him.
-One could trade a really high LDR account with him, if he really wants a high LDR account, or someone else.
That is just a simple example, if you read The Fatal Conceit by Friedrich Hayek you will understand what I'm saying and how this kind of mentality is extremely cancerous.

WolfMaster12 wrote:And frankly, if you chase LDr in mapmaking, then something has gone wrong with your thinking.

If you prefer red over blue, then something has gone wrong with your thinking.
I guess I already explained that this is completely subjective, the reasons people do things are completely different, a good example is getting academic prestige, some do it because of money, some do it because they want to show off, some do it because they like it, some do it for fame, and many do it for a infinite amount of reasons, small examples that might be stupid to you but for others it might not is, let's say someone's parents wants that person to get academical prestige, maybe the person will do it just to make their parents happy, etc.

WolfMaster12 wrote:Rage-voting exists. It's a form of rage, typically produced by raging little brats who you killed once in retaliation in a random base map you can't remember. Many other games have raging brats in other forms. You can't get rid of them. You have to live with them, in harmony or not.

Not always rage, the name is bad, it should be "votes which don't fit in what I consider valid", such as not liking someone, it is also subjective buuut it is in PB2s completely arbitrary rules that generate more conflict than resolves it, it is not always rage, it can be the opposite, semi-sadistic people who know that someone will get angry if they rate 1 on their maps so they do it so that person makes a forum post on the topic, oh wait what just happened?

WolfMaster12 wrote:You ask me, 1-star votes should still count. We can't be all positive about maps. Sometimes, a map is shitty. 1-star voting reminds them/us of that, and then they/we can potentially strive for higher quality and/or enjoyability. And a rage-voter can be reported with proof. DM it to a staff member in Discord.
WHAT IS PROOF FOR RAGE VOTING? many 1 star votes? will staff bother to check all maps to arbitrary see if they are bad, and will they ask for the peoples opinion? for sure not, but well it is the problem with this game in a general way.

WolfMaster12 wrote:The main point of making maps is to unleash your creativity, to have fun with building something. The main rule of such things is that you can enjoy doing something like this. If you are bothered by rage-voting, 1-star rating for any other reason or the loss of your LDr, then you can't enjoy it. It's that simple.

It is not that simple as I mentioned it is completely subjective, it is not to unleash your creativity - THAT IS YOUR OPINION - people can do anything for any reason they subjectively find valid because reality itself is, and if you disagree with me then refute Descartes, Spinoza, Leibniz, Kant and many others, he can enjoy it in other ways by achieving his goals: Human Action by Mises.

Now if you disagree please refute me.
phsc
Noir Lime [600]

Postby Lance Ryder Wilson » 11 May 2019, 12:05

No problem, I am perfectly fine with your opinion.

KIRIAKOS GR96 wrote:If a player abuse the map rating system report it with proof to us.

ECC9:
http://prntscr.com/nn5cr3
http://prntscr.com/nn5d6m - Yes I voted 1, but I removed them, besides that, I was banned.

Wazzasski
http://prntscr.com/nn5cti
http://prntscr.com/nn5ek0
http://prntscr.com/nn5evk
http://prntscr.com/nn5f1c

KIRIAKOS GR96 wrote:I take a look at your map votes and i did not see anything unusual remember 1 or 2 rates its not abuse.

Oh really? Then Look at this: http://prntscr.com/nn58pf - Why was I banned? Why do I always get sandwhiched when I violate a rule but not other? They destroy my LDr. and get away.

http://prntscr.com/nn56op - This exists for a reason.

WolfMaster12 wrote:Rage-voting exists. It's a form of rage, typically produced by raging little brats who you killed once in retaliation in a random base map you can't remember. Many other games have raging brats in other forms. You can't get rid of them. You have to live with them, in harmony or not.

I have to say again, They vote 1, and get away, and no action is taken against them, but Ryder votes 1, he won't get away.

http://prntscr.com/nn58pf

WolfMaster12 wrote:DM it to a staff member in Discord.

Once Again, once freaking again, once again for like the fourth time. Staff do not take action. That is the whole point!!! I do not want to disturb them, this is why I am against negative voting. it is rarely honestly used.

WolfMaster12 wrote:The main point of making maps is to unleash your creativity, to have fun with building something. The main rule of such things is that you can enjoy doing something like this. If you are bothered by rage-voting, 1-star rating for any other reason or the loss of your LDr, then you can't enjoy it. It's that simple.

Okay, you got a good point here.

Resi wrote:If the staff haven't done anything, try again.

Yeah keep poking staff until they block you.

MLG COOL DOMINIK wrote:
Resi wrote:This thread is just gonna end dramatic, so you should probably DM Kiri in discord with the proof. Kiri is probably the nicest person in the entire staff team, and although he doesn't have much time, he's there when he can.

If the staff haven't done anything, try again.

Actually he should show the proof to everybody so we can actually believe him.

Want proof? Here

ECC9:
http://prntscr.com/nn5d6m - Yes I voted 1, but I removed them, besides that, I was banned.

Wazzasski
http://prntscr.com/nn5cti
http://prntscr.com/nn5ek0
http://prntscr.com/nn5evk
http://prntscr.com/nn5f1c
http://prntscr.com/nn5f9p - Why? Ofcourse, your friend! You told him! Well there is no proof, because the discord account is deleted. Here is a small screenshot that he was mistaken or something: http://prntscr.com/nn5zjo

mrblake213 wrote:
Lance Ryder Wilson wrote:Apparently I did not make myself clear before.

So this basically answered your question. It's not that staff won't answer your report. It's because they find your report as invalid and doesn't break the Code of Conduct.

So why was I banned, when I did the same thing?

ECC9 wrote:For example If "we" rate your maps 1 and don't comment that doesn't means we don't have a reason.

We have the right to comment it or not :p

http://prntscr.com/nn5d6m

Yes, you have the right to comment or not, but you do not have the right to go on and abuse the tool, because it is against the Code of Conduct of PB2.

Lance Ryder Wilson

Postby maxim12 » 11 May 2019, 22:50

In my opinion the 1, 2 or 3 star voting was rarely used as genuine way of rating maps, most of the time it used by trolls/ragers and other like-minded people.

I've so far only one time used the 1 star voting option on one horrid troll map that crashed my flash-player (And then the map creator hilariously called his friends and together with them he 1 star voted almost all of my maps, tsk tsk immaturity.)

I thought it would be more genuine just to swap the star rating system with just "Likes", It's simpler to use and "Bullet proof" from troll abuse.
Thunder and Blood

maxim12
Phoenix Falkok [450]

Postby mrblake213 » 12 May 2019, 04:46

I think you've put up this topic since you're pretty bummed when one person rated 1 star on a single map of yours.

So I've looked in your profile and saw that you've rated all/most of ECC9's map in a day.
While only one person rating 1 star on one of your maps would have minimal to no effect, rating between 1-5 on most of a person's map would actually affect his LDr.

I think the staff who responded to the report saw this as an abuse of the system. There isn't a clear distinction on what 'rate abuse' really is, how many maps it covers, or what is considered as a fair rate. So it's currently subjective.

But in my opinion, since you've actually rated differently with each map (some being 5), I consider this as a fair rating and your ban as unnecessary. But that's not within my capabilities.
[center] [/center]
mrblake213
Proxy [700]

Postby MLG COOL DOMINIK » 12 May 2019, 12:02

maxim12 wrote:I've so far only one time used the 1 star voting option on one horrid troll map that crashed my flash-player (And then the map creator hilariously called his friends and together with them he 1 star voted almost all of my maps, tsk tsk immaturity.)

Proof?
Nobody actually plays this game now, do they?
MLG COOL DOMINIK
Civil Security Heavy [300]

Next

Return to General Discussion