SC taking a break...

Posts for SD2D Ideas, Discussion and Bugs!

Play it here https://www.gevanni.com:3000/

SC taking a break...

Postby Da Shaaark » 6 April 2021, 21:20

Today I was told SC are tired of raiders and want to take a break. Very sad to know that there are people out there who don't like SC presense on the server and that they destroy their bases to show that. Very sad. Very. You were just killing innocents, breaking map with CCs and using help of abusive admins to revert the map anytime you want. Nothing too serious if you ask me. Nothing. I was banned for arguing with one of SC members and I deeply regret about it. I deeply regret that I wasted my time on him. Very sad that it all happened this way. SC, with all my deepest love for you, please ...

... never come back. Nobody likes you. The game will be so much better without you. Goodbye.

If you decide to come back and change for better - please stop ruining the map to protect your skybases, be more friendly to people you don't know and if possible support the idea of invisibility upgrade removal. If someone destroys your CC it's not a reason to use timewarp. People just want the map to be updated and its absolutely normal. If your base is destroyed don't be upset. You can build a new and better one. It should make you even happier since you got a chance to start building again and that's the point of the game - survive, build, protect, improve. Ending of one thing is beginning of another thing. Remember that and be happy, SC.
PB2 is dead, SD2D is stillborn, PB3 is doomed

Shark is gone
Da Shaaark
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Re: SC taking a break...

Postby that161isgoody » 6 April 2021, 22:21

Da Shaaark wrote:
... never come back. Nobody likes you. The game will be so much better without you. Goodbye.

Damn bro, I could say the same about you.
"Man will be man. But Monke is supreme"- Goody, 2018
that161isgoody
Recruit

Postby ZapruderFilm » 6 April 2021, 22:26

Youre sure invested for someone who doesnt want Eric to update the game. Why not just run your own server? It would literally be 2 dollars a month
ZapruderFilm

Left PB2 Staff to join Dark Clan.

ZapruderFilm
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby Moneydigger » 6 April 2021, 22:31

Imagine trash talking about SC while you literally said you quit the game some weeks ago. But here you are.
Really interesting...

Moneydigger

Postby nightmar » 6 April 2021, 22:58

I have a legit question for you. Without the SC around who's gonna build big bases, let alone protect them. Moneydigger is one of the few that can build large comfrotable bases and the rest at least give it some defence. Without them around who's gonna do all that?
How many bugs does this game have anyway? jeez
nightmar
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Postby ZapruderFilm » 6 April 2021, 23:06

I think the silliest part of all this is I'm completely in agreement with OP. If youre going to make a clan in the game, it shouldnt be backed by staff.

On the same token, this game is so broken this is the only way people can enjoy it right now. I hope to fix this soon for everyone.
ZapruderFilm

Left PB2 Staff to join Dark Clan.

ZapruderFilm
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby broforce1 » 7 April 2021, 11:14

wtf happened to the base anyway??
[[hmmmmhmAYYUHhhhwassauupp] [/broo] [/ur a [gayr]
broforce1
Proxy [700]

Postby Da Shaaark » 7 April 2021, 19:17

ZapruderFilm wrote:I think the silliest part of all this is I'm completely in agreement with OP. If youre going to make a clan in the game, it shouldnt be backed by staff.

Finally a first smart thought coming from you
ZapruderFilm wrote:On the same token, this game is so broken this is the only way people can enjoy it right now. I hope to fix this soon for everyone.

I enjoyed the game perfectly fine until the invasion of abusive mods. And when they came and SC monopolized the game I started to hate it

broforce1 wrote:wtf happened to the base anyway??

Me and 2 other guys removed it to let the map update. Finally it's gone... unless if abusive mods decide to do their crap again and revert the map

nightmar wrote:I have a legit question for you. Without the SC around who's gonna build big bases, let alone protect them. Moneydigger is one of the few that can build large comfrotable bases and the rest at least give it some defence. Without them around who's gonna do all that?

Literally anybody else?

Moneydigger wrote:Imagine trash talking about SC while you literally said you quit the game some weeks ago. But here you are.
Really interesting...

I don't like leaving things unfinished. Understand?

ZapruderFilm wrote:Youre sure invested for someone who doesnt want Eric to update the game. Why not just run your own server? It would literally be 2 dollars a month

I don't like that Eric wastes his time on this project, but I cannot make him stop, can I? I don't run my own server for many reasons. I'm not a coder, I don't have time or desire for this, and I know that nobody will play it just like your server (or did people start playing it?)

that161isgoody wrote:Damn bro, I could say the same about you.

Oof

Shark is gone
Da Shaaark
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby broforce1 » 7 April 2021, 19:31

broforce1 wrote:wtf happened to the base anyway??

Me and 2 other guys removed it to let the map update. Finally it's gone... unless if abusive mods decide to do their crap again and revert the map

for real why would u just do that? lol. btw when we tried to revert the map the base has just fully gone... and nobody seems to play anymore... u happy now or what?? ... we properly had enough raids...

anyways who are those 2 guys can u introduce them?
broforce1
Proxy [700]

Postby Da Shaaark » 7 April 2021, 20:38

broforce1 wrote:for real why would u just do that? lol.

Many reasons. Its presense prevent map from being updated and there were little to no dirt on the map when our team was removing your skybase CCs. Other reason is because we don't want things associated with the SC to be there and be an eyesore. The base is also too huge, takes too much space in the sky. And it's ugly if you ask me. A base in SD2D requires mainly two rooms - matter cache+storage and parking but you somehow managed to spam the sky with lots of useless rooms. You even had two parkings which made me laugh really hard. Why do you need them, lol? Seriously though if you want your bases to not annoy anyone then at least don't build them too high in the sky because it leads to dirt being despawned from the map and it's really important to have dirt on the map. Also maybe not make them too big because the map size is limited and it would be better if your bases did not take too much space

broforce1 wrote:btw when we tried to revert the map the base has just fully gone...

Are you playing with the mod tools again? Better if you stopped because raiders may come back if you continue using timewarp...

broforce1 wrote:and nobody seems to play anymore... u happy now or what?? ... we properly had enough raids...

There weren't many players who play the game to begin with. Before the war against SC started there were usually 5 players playing the game when I joined, now there are 3. Not a big difference if you ask me. But either way there is no need to make a riot. You can join and play if you want. Just remember to not use the timewarp and it's gonna be alright

broforce1 wrote:anyways who are those 2 guys can u introduce them?

Why should I? Maybe they would want to stay anonymous I don't know. But I can tell you some other info. It's a bit unrelated to your question and it also may not be even true, but here it is: there are imposters among you. Also I would like to add other thing: there are at least 5 people I counted who play SD2D including me who don't like SC. Just fyi. There may be more though

Shark is gone
Da Shaaark
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby nightmar » 7 April 2021, 21:46

I have not seen any surviving bases (let alone large ones) in absence of SC. sure everyone can make a base, but few can make a good base and even less can make a base that will last. The bases right now do not even survive for a day.
nightmar

Postby Da Shaaark » 7 April 2021, 22:09

nightmar wrote:I have not seen any surviving bases (let alone large ones) in absence of SC. sure everyone can make a base, but few can make a good base and even less can make a base that will last. The bases right now do not even survive for a day.

I tell you more: not a single base lasts forever in a game where every block can be destroyed, every turret can be disabled and every defender can be killed. If we are talking about your skybase I would say it lasted long only because admins were constantly reverting the server. It's not protected well if you ask me. Either way, remember days when we were digging dungeons for adventures and were not sitting in the skybase all day? Every day was fun and full of adventures. I miss that time. Best days of the game... Now people just sit in skybase and complain about raiders. Maybe it's time to return to the good old days?

Shark is gone
Da Shaaark
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby nightmar » 8 April 2021, 11:24

Da Shaaark wrote:
nightmar wrote:I have not seen any surviving bases (let alone large ones) in absence of SC. sure everyone can make a base, but few can make a good base and even less can make a base that will last. The bases right now do not even survive for a day.

I tell you more: not a single base lasts forever in a game where every block can be destroyed, every turret can be disabled and every defender can be killed. If we are talking about your skybase I would say it lasted long only because admins were constantly reverting the server. It's not protected well if you ask me. Either way, remember days when we were digging dungeons for adventures and were not sitting in the skybase all day? Every day was fun and full of adventures. I miss that time. Best days of the game... Now people just sit in skybase and complain about raiders. Maybe it's time to return to the good old days?

Most players did not come to have cave adventures like that day you describe. And even though it's true that no base last forever, it's also true that big bases with defences last longer. The reason that skybase kep falling is because there could not be people watching over it 24/7 and raids happened when nobody was around. That being said some people come to build stuff and chill (similar to how pb2 bases used to work). But when they see their creations destroyed in less than a day then they lose motivation to keep playing.

I believe you're making a mistake by making impressions depending on your personal preferations. While you and me enjoy having those weird adventures, the majority does not. With that in mind having everyone's creations destroyed in so little time will only decrease the game's already small population. If you don't believe me then take a look at the activity after the SC left. It's even smaller than it used to be

One last thing. Since you mentioned the early days, keep in mind that a lot of bases survived for the entire duration of the server's lifespan before it was reset. Current average base lifespan has been reduced to a few hours at this point.
nightmar

Postby Da Shaaark » 8 April 2021, 22:08

nightmar wrote:Most players did not come to have cave adventures like that day you describe. And even though it's true that no base last forever, it's also true that big bases with defences last longer. The reason that skybase kep falling is because there could not be people watching over it 24/7 and raids happened when nobody was around. That being said some people come to build stuff and chill (similar to how pb2 bases used to work). But when they see their creations destroyed in less than a day then they lose motivation to keep playing.

I believe you're making a mistake by making impressions depending on your personal preferations. While you and me enjoy having those weird adventures, the majority does not. With that in mind having everyone's creations destroyed in so little time will only decrease the game's already small population. If you don't believe me then take a look at the activity after the SC left. It's even smaller than it used to be

One last thing. Since you mentioned the early days, keep in mind that a lot of bases survived for the entire duration of the server's lifespan before it was reset. Current average base lifespan has been reduced to a few hours at this point.

I think any base (let it be a small or big one, well protected or not) can last long when there are 10 people inside defending it and you are trying to raid it solo.

I understand that there are two types of players: people who seek maximum emotions doing dangerous stuff and p*ssies who only want to build stuff feeling 100% safe. I never said people enjoy cave advantures the way you or I do. I understand that most of today's players are p*ssies. When I said "we" I did not mean everyone, but only those who did enjoy hardcore mode. I want that time back.

Activity did not fall much last time I checked. I joined today and there were 6 players if I remember right. The activity wasn't that big before too. There are very few people in the game fanbase. Game always lags and it has major issues to make a big fanbase. Game will die sooner or later. But yeah, sure, I understand that second type of players (p*ssies) can leave the game because of silly reason like their base being destroyed. But maybe they won't? Either way I told SC there is no need to make a riot. They can play if they want. Just stop using timewarp or remove dirt from map and its gonna be alright.

I'm not sure if bases lasted longer before, but if its true there should be a reason for that. Maybe because playerbase increased since then or maybe people were pissed because of SC behaviour and decided to start raids. Maybe people are tired of other activities and want to have fun? You may ask some raider what is his reason for raiding. I myself never met a guy who raided a base for no reason. There were always a reason...

Shark is gone
Da Shaaark
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby broforce1 » 9 April 2021, 08:23

my base didn't even survive only 2 days. properly your base survives longer as long as you are not getting attacked so make sure u don't have haters who would attack. also, resetting will remove your base entirely which is dumb... anyways this game becoming sucks when u cannot do anything well...
broforce1
Proxy [700]

Return to Star Defenders