Eric stop wasting time on SD2D. Get to PB3

Posts for SD2D Ideas, Discussion and Bugs!

Play it here https://www.gevanni.com:3000/

Re: Eric stop wasting time on SD2D. Get to PB3

Postby Da Shaaark » 30 March 2021, 19:19

The_Commander wrote:I thought that I was the one that couldn't read.

Your pick of words made me jump to the conclusion that you take your posts as educational. Learn to pick more appropriate words if you don't want people to make assumptions
The_Commander wrote:I play in godmode to keep the game playable and help further it. That is literally the point of an admin existing.

Last time I saw you've been building Moneydigger's base with infinite matter and spawning hovers on octo head. If this is "keeping the game playable" then you are complete degenerate and don't understand what's the role of an administrator in a game
The_Commander wrote:I am always lost.

Yes, you are
PB2 is dead, SD2D is stillborn, PB3 is doomed

Shark is gone
Da Shaaark
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby ditzy » 30 March 2021, 19:20

Da Shaaark wrote:Jesus Christ, get the f*ck out already. You sound retarded. Everything you say is retarded. Even your avatar is retarded. And I already said it lots of times: your "all think" is something I don't care or take serious because, well, most of you are too dumb to think different, to be productive in your thinking. I don't care about opinion of idiots and you're idiots so I don't care what you think. Got it? Or you need a repeat? YOU ARE IDIOTS. I DON'T CARE WHAT IDIOTS THINK. U-N-D-E-R-S-T-O-O-D?

Hi, looks like this topic has gone off the rails.

I'd like to remind everyone to be respectful of each other, even on heated topics. If I see any more of this I'll be issuing bans.
Sometimes draws ponies
Sometimes draws ponies
Sometimes draws ponies
ditzy
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Postby The_Commander » 30 March 2021, 19:41

Hold on a second...
Da Shaaark wrote:I come up with nice ideas? Ideas like what? You ignored pretty much most of what I asked for. Let's check the list:
1) I asked to remove invisibility from the game because it gives unfair advantage in game and it makes combat reduce to just "sneak on his a*s with E and 4+2 him rofl". You didn't remove it. Will you remove it?
I'd love to see you play without invisibility. It's pretty much a permanent part of the game and is actually balanced if you know what you are talking about.
2) I said that its too easy to find crystals and make matter farms and you only made it even easier by adding huge capacity containers and these new crystals with 5120 matter. Additionally you raised matter upgrade level to 40 (which is just annoying to upgrade on each respawn). Game became just too easy to farm and too easy to play

Me and the other devs agree that there is an abundance of matter, however, removing said abundance is NOT the solution. Games should not devolve and become less complex, unless it is the point of the game.
3) Command centres are still used to remove all dirt from the map leaving SC c*nts a right to monopolize the matter and shelter on the map. I witnessed it just yesterday (or day before yesterday, not sure). I would suggest reducing CC expiration time to 4 hours so people won't be able to destroy the map easily and I would also suggest to remove setting spawn possibility on CC so if the player dies he won't have unfair advantage over player who dies and spawns on dirt. But you won't do any of my suggestions right?

Command centres can definitely serve that purpose, but that's not why they exist.
Stop insulting people on the forums, too. Nothing good will come of it
'i wItNeSeD iT yEsTErDAY' If you pay attention that is because of natural border shift, which me and my 'abusive' admin powers fixed
4) Adrenaline syringes make killing even easier when it was already too easy to die in this game. Players just get oneshoted and there you go - respawn and dig dirt to upgrade again. Did you remove them? No. Syringes still present

No comment on this... æ
5) Admins abuse godmode, infinite matter and server revert. They also spam global chat with stupid and sometimes offensive messages (like calling others N word). Now I'm not the only one who sees that flaw (check the other topic in this section made by other guy). I also see people complain about this in game as well. Did you do anything about it? No!

'aDmIN aBUSE'
I have admin and use it to keep the game playable. Someone spams lag-causing or gameplay-killing entities(turrets and teleports for example) I will undo it and prevent them from continuing to do so.
Oh, and also: The only admins are me and Eric, watch your mouth.
/announce UwU shark mad
You may say there is :3001 server for people like you. There is! But due to small playerbase (usually there is 4-6 people online at once on :3000) and lack of CCs to build big bases nobody plays it. People simply join server where they see other players (it's like paul308-base thing) and don't join server with no players. Even :3002 pvp server is empty. SD2D community is just too small to split it up so we need only one main server that would benefit everyone. And this is why I suggest changing :3000 instead of adding more servers that will be empty due to playerbase.

Almost every player has played on all the servers. 3001 and 3002 are secondary servers and thus see less action because of that
Here is my new suggestion that you will probably ignore too: make switching between guns slower because people use 4+2 combo to instantly kill others. Add invisibility to this crap and you get a really sh*tty combat for a game. And this server is just terrible, it always lags and it always crashes. Can you not afford something better?

Having time forn switching between guns is a good suggestion, I can' t argue that.
The server being terrible isn't Eric's fault, it's literally the most basic VDS you can get. SD2D can run on a potato, but because its literally in Ukraine it is going to have inherent lag. Stop pissing on the developer
Also I don't have twitter! I don't have discord! I don't need them! And this "I want other project ideas to exist in some form" just sounds funny, don't you think? You perfectly know that these projects will be forgotten by time and there will be no use for them for anyone anywhere. Man, don't you just want to finally finish PB3 which will have a chance to become a part of history (unlike all the other projects) and give you $$$ cash? It's for your own good I'm telling you all this

If you pay attention, you'd realize that this is Eric's hobby. He could give a flying sh*t about the cash; in fact, we have only just now convinced him to open a Patreon for supporting his development.
@Star Def, you sound like 12 years old and most of what you say is either irrelevant or just straigh up bullsh*t so I'm not going to waste my time on you

Stop. I don't even care that you are projecting yourself onto others, just stop
Former staff, waiting on PB3
High Command of Star Coalition.

The_Commander
Recruit

Postby Gashadokuro » 31 March 2021, 20:53

For all we know Eric dedicates 1h a day to PB3 but we'll only see him post a vague update every 2-3 months on twitter, but here's some advice:
1 - Do not concern yourself over a flash game which has been in development for 5+ years, in an excessive manner.
2 - Do not watch Vtubers.
Gashadokuro
Civil Security Heavy [300]

Postby hunterboi » 2 April 2021, 20:49

The server lag is horrendous so i hope it will be fixed but if not, that's just one more reason to move straight to pb3

hunterboi
Recruit

Previous

Return to Star Defenders