A Detailed Look at TCoRR.

An area to discuss fan art lore, Plazma Burst lore!

A Detailed Look at TCoRR.

Postby Paul Jackson CS » 8 July 2021, 19:36

*INTRODUCTION*

TCoRR is the faction that is the home of the Grubs, the heavily modified lifeforms that are harvested by Human Soldiers to aid them in conflicts. TCoRR includes three classes of Grubs, Cyber Grubs, Armored Grubs, and Elite Grubs. Grubs are a formidable foe because of the sheer amount of modifications that are given to them. Grubs are also supposedly Martian, in origin. So based on all of this, today, we are going to be diving into the lore of the Grubs and having a detailed look at their ranks.

*RANKS*

-Cyber Grubs-

The Cyber Grubs are the lowest rank in TCoRR. Unlike their higher-ranking counterparts, they are less armored and less equipped. Cyber Grubs wear primarily yellow armor with silver plates. Cyber Grubs' armor is also accented by red lighting and features a mouthguard for additional facial protection. On both of their arms, Cyber Grubs have the basic TCoRR loadout of arm cannons. Like any other Grub, Cyber Grubs have robotic parts that are implanted into them, these parts are meant to make them effective killing machines. Similar to Falkoks, Grubs are weighed down by their armor, this makes them slow targets. Cyber Grubs and all the other Grubs, seem to have a lower amount of intelligence compared to humans. For the most part, Cyber Grubs stand as a formidable foe and are definitely effective enough to protect Human Soldier installations.

Side Note #1 (arm cannon): An arm cannon is an effective weapon because even though it shoots out one projectile at a fairly slow rate, it still does a good amount of damage. Plus, we haven't even taken the dual-arm cannon feature into account.

Side Note #2 (reason for attacking human soldiers): When the Marine and the Human Soldiers are together and are fighting each other, the Grubs can't differentiate between the two. This can not only be a problem with the intelligence of the Grubs, but it can also be because the Marine and the Human Soldiers are the same species. Therefore, the Grubs get confused about who to fire at.

-Armored Grubs-

The Armored Grubs serve as the upgraded version of its weaker counterpart. Armored Grubs seem to be more suited for fighting rather than just guarding. Their purpose is to protect more valuable installations. Armored Grubs are highly armored soldiers and can withstand very heavy attacks. Unlike their lesser counterpart, Armored Grubs are completely covered in silver and gray armor and look much different than the Cyber Grubs. Their armor is accented with blue lighting and also has a mouthguard with two ventilation shafts (four in real life, if one takes symmetry into account). Armored Grubs are given plenty more robotic implantations. They are equipped with arm cannons, but they are not dual barrelled like the variant that the Cyber Grubs use. Human Soldiers are attacked more frequently by Armored Grubs than by Cyber Grubs. In general, Armored Grubs pose much more of a threat than Cyber Grubs.

Side Note (reason for attacking Human Soldiers more often): This is probably because the Marine is spotted fighting with the Human Soldiers much more often in the later levels of PB: FttP.

-Elite Grubs-

The Elite Grubs are the highest-ranking Grubs in TCoRR. Their appearance is similar to that of the Armored Grub. The accenting lights and the mouthguard are the only real differences. There are red accent lights on the Elite Grubs' armor, as well as a broader mouthguard with more ventilation shafts, three in total (six if one takes symmetry into account). As with Armored Grubs, Elite Grubs have many robotic implantations. Additionally, they have more armored protection, especially around the head and hip. The arm cannons of Elite Grubs are also varied. Based on all of the points we have discussed, Elite Grubs are undoubtedly the most capable of the Grubs.

Side Note: One very specific variation is the ray rifle variation. Of course, the ray rifle arm cannon evolves into the Ray Rifle TCoRR which we all know and love. Another arm cannon variation is the rocket launcher arm cannon.

*RANK HP CHART*

Cyber Grubs - 350 HP
Armored Grubs - 500 HP
Elite Grubs - 750 HP

*CONCLUSION*

The Grubs are an interesting foe in PB: FttP. They are lifeforms that are harvested to be shaped into professional soldiers. Even if Grubs seem to be less intelligent lifeforms, they are capable soldiers. In conclusion, the Grubs can definitely be counted as a formidable fighting force and are ready to take on any dangers that lay ahead of them.

*CREATOR'S NOTE*

It has been a long time since I created a post. I am not really busy with anything as of now, I am just chilling, and being my normal lazy self. I have stated in one of my previous posts that I would create a Grub post, and so I did. This post is a tad bit shorter than most of my other posts. Anyways, be sure to provide feedback if you would like to see some changes to this post. Other than that, I will see you guys in the next post, peace.

*DISCLAIMER*

This post has some speculative points, so not all points made in this post are going to be accurate.
I am Raven.

Paul Jackson CS
Cyber Grub [25]

Return to Lore Discussion