Who shutdown Correction Nine?

An area to discuss fan art lore, Plazma Burst lore!

Who shutdown Correction Nine?

Postby Paul Jackson CS » 2 June 2021, 19:08

*INTRODUCTION*

Today's question is, "Who shutdown Correction Nine?" I have had this question on my mind ever since I read The_Commander's Correction Nine Lore post. Tehswordninja makes a statement about some larger government shutting down Correction Nine. We have to consider that Civil Security is by far the largest governing body situated on Earth, presumably. Civil Security serves as the protectors of Earth, it makes sense for them to be the dominant governing body that is present on Earth. This brings me to my first theory where Civil Security is the one shutdown Correction Nine and/or owned Correction Nine. But I am not done here, I have a second theory. What if Correction Nine was a project that was owned by a coalition of factions, more specifically, the Falkonians and Civil Security. It makes sense because these two factions were, presumably, among the first ones to get their hands on Correction Nine technologies. So let's talk about these two theories and piece them together, shall we?

*THE FIRST THEORY PT-1*

Correction Nine in itself is referred to as a "faction". Though, they did have many projects that were in development. It's kind of weird for Correction Nine to have the word "correction" in it. It seems like Correction Nine's job was to create advanced technologies and "correct" something. What is there to correct in the PB universe? Yes, that is right, the Usurpation invasion. The main purpose of the Marine and Noir Lime is to correct the chain of events that led up to the invasion of the Usurpation Forces. Correction Nine knew about the Usurpations years before Earth's invasion. Could they have been preparing for the invasion all along? Though, they couldn't have just started themselves off after learning about the upcoming invasion. This leads to a very important question, was Correction Nine being operated by some kind of "larger" faction. Presumably, after the "larger faction" learns about the Usurpation Forces and how much of a threat they are, the "larger faction" initiates Correction Nine to create advanced technologies that can greatly benefit humanity in the long run. Based on the information that is given to us, Civil Security is most likely the one that kickstarted Correction Nine. Civil Security definitely cares about Earth, so it makes sense for a large faction like them to be able to create a sub-faction that can develop and research for new technologies that would help them fight the Usurpation Forces. Civil Security has the money and technology to kickstart such an advanced faction as Correction Nine. This directly correlates with the word "correction" in Correction Nine.

*THE FIRST THEORY PT-2*

Correction Nine was made to solve the problems of the Usurpation invasion of Earth, and they were created solely for the development of new technologies. After the invasion sequence was kicked off, Correction Nine sent the Marine and Noir Lime to fulfill the mission of the faction, correct the sequence of events that led up to the invasion of the Usurpation Forces. Sadly, communication was cut off and Civil Security had to shut down Correction Nine because of its failure to bring any results from their projects. It is possible that Civil Security simply does not recognize the Marine and instead attacks him because of his unauthorized presence on Civil Security territories. We have to take into account that Correction Nine lost contact with the Marine and Noir Lime, so they could've been presumed as being dead. Other than that, after Correction Nine's shutdown, Civil Security kept the technologies that were developed. Though, some of them were sold to other factions because of their high value. In the long run, Correction Nine did help out Civil Security by providing them with very advanced technologies.

*THE SECOND THEORY*

The Falkonians and Civil Security have been neutral with one another for quite some time. Ever since Civil Security discovered the Usurpation Forces, they have been eager to create more advanced technologies that are on par with Usurpation technologies. Civil Security has started a project quite some time ago to test for long-range portals. They call it "Correction Nine". Though Civil Security would like to test with more advanced technologies, so they contact the Falkonians. The Falkonians agree to the offer, but at the cost of 50% of Correction Nine's share. Civil Security agreed and made the Falkonians the co-owners of the Correction Nine project, and Civil Security promised that the project would be successful and the money the Falkonians put into the project would not go to waste. Years passed and the Correction Nine project has been going successfully. New armors and equipment were developed because of the coalition of the Falkonians and Civil Security. It seemed that the plan was going as expected. Though, the Usurpation Forces were right at Earth's doorstep. As a last-ditch effort, two volunteers (The Marine and Noir Lime) were sent to the past to fix the course of events that lead to Earth's invasion. Sadly, connection with the two volunteers was lost and the Correction Nine project was shut down. Civil Security had lost a lot of money, but they did get their hands on some really advanced technologies. The Falkonians were furious at this. Therefore, they were not very neutral with Civil Security. Because of the Usurpation invasion, the Falkonians and Civil Security don't have time to have a feud over the matter, which is a good thing. In the meantime, Civil Security is disrupting the Falkonian military by placing heavy restrictions on Earth's airspace. But still, both factions benefitted greatly from the Correction Nine project and were able to inherit the technologies that were developed on behalf of the Correction Nine project. Though, left-over technologies were sold to other factions.

*CONCLUSION*

I haven't been posting too often. I have summer vacation right now and I am trying to relax. I am planning for a lot of future posts. This post did take some time to make. I tried to make this post as understandable and as agreeable as possible. Please reply to this post and provide me with your feedback, it would mean a lot to me. You guys have to remember that this post is just a theory, so please don't get triggered over some of the points that were made in this post. Other than that, thanks for reading and I will see you guys later.

*DISCLAIMER*

Most of the points that were made in this post were speculative. Not all points are going to be 100% agreeable. Remember "this is just a theory, a game theory".
Last edited by Paul Jackson CS on 2 June 2021, 23:42, edited 1 time in total.
I am Raven.

Paul Jackson CS
Cyber Grub [25]

Re: Who shutdown Correction Nine?

Postby tehswordninja » 2 June 2021, 20:52

C9 were shut down because there weren't any results to keep the project going, according to eric.
who needs a PB2.5 release date, anyways?
tehswordninja
Proxy [700]

Re: Who shutdown Correction Nine?

Postby Paul Jackson CS » 2 June 2021, 23:39

tehswordninja wrote:C9 were shut down because there weren't any results to keep the project going, according to eric.

Yep, C9 failed to bring any results from the projects that they were working on. But I will edit the post to make it more descriptive of what they failed on. Thanks for the feedback!
I am Raven.

Paul Jackson CS
Cyber Grub [25]

Return to Lore Discussion