[APPROVAL REQUEST] map-urbanwar

[APPROVAL REQUEST] map-urbanwar

Postby Jason Eden » 9 February 2019, 10:38

[1]
- To the best of my knowledge, the following map fits all requirements to be approved: YES/NO
- The following map contains no unfair hidden features: YES/NO
- The following map contains nothing against the PB2 Code of Conduct: YES/NO
- I have read and understand fully the Required Reading for posting a Map Approval Request: YES/NO
- I have read and understand fully the Map Approval Rules: YES/NO

[2]
- Map Name: Urban War
- Map ID: map-urbanwar
- Link to Map Page: https://www.plazmaburst2.com/?s=9&a=&m= ... &id=921707
- Link to Map Demo: https://www.plazmaburst2.com/?s=2&map=map-urbanwar

[3]
- Give a brief description of the map: This is edited version of original Urban War by raffine.

Set in the dark alleys of the most violent part of the city, this urban environment is home to numerous gang fights and brawls. With enemies coming from every direction, it will take more than just firepower to dominate!

(DM, TDM, COOP)

- Why you think the map deserves to be approved:

Refer to this - viewtopic.php?f=180&t=22397&p=200388#p200388
I decided to keep the Assault Rifles CS-RC in the map as they were the core part of the original urbanwar, but I modified them instead. Now they deal 0.6 damage per shot instead of default 0.7. They can no longer penetrate 3 pixel width walls. If you want to shoot through 3 pixel width walls - use pistols. Map layout is changed too. Camping should no longer be a huge problem. Character's health is changed to 150, so spam/camp issue should become even less common than it was. 4 Crossfire CR-42 Ghosts are available in DM gamemode. 2 grenades and 2 portnades upon each respawn. Guns respawn engine mark added.
- Any other comments: As I said yesterday, I did an edit of original Urbanwar by Raffine. And now I believe it is suitable for approval. Just replace the map source of "map-urbanwar" with "jason eden-raffine-urbanwar". Please do not change anything in it: do not remove plants and do not add teleporters. Otherwise I'll go crazy.

Source - https://www.plazmaburst2.com/?s=9&a=&m= ... &id=925548

Preview "raffine-urbanwar":

Preview "jason eden-raffine-urbanwar":
Last edited by Jason Eden on 9 February 2019, 19:09, edited 1 time in total.
Jason Eden
Falkok [250]

Re: [APPROVAL REQUEST] map-urbanwar

Postby kubakuba » 9 February 2019, 13:47

Nice map, I didn't found any mistakes.
I hope the map will be approved because it plays great on this map.

kubakuba
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby phsc » 9 February 2019, 18:53

i think this might be a strong camping spot unless its like a 3v1 http://prntscr.com/miula1 but even almost always campers will die

and this place is highly sprayable, id add small bits of cover http://prntscr.com/miulr4

and PERSONALLY, i think this place wouldnt be fun/good to play at, it would make these awkward mometns where its two people spamming until one eihter rushes or a third one appears http://prntscr.com/mium28

and i personally also think these plants look even more ridiculous and out of place than before now http://prntscr.com/miumu6

lostmyeden wrote:I decided to keep the Assault Rifles CS-RC in the map as they were the core part of the original urbanwar, but I modified them instead. Now they deal 0.6 damage per shot instead of default 0.7.

damage wasnt the biggst problem, speed and knockback were, the phanx is fine, the cs-rc can be changed but id make it fire slower not for less dmg

jasonmydollar wrote:Character's health is changed to 150, so spam/camp issue should become even less common than it was. 4 Crossfire CR-42 Ghosts are available in DM gamemode. 2 grenades and 2 portnades upon each respawn. Guns respawn engine mark added.

health was pretty good i think, doesnt really affect camping, its like just lowering inflation is a bad market
not sure about the cr-42 ghosts, didnt test but they might be good, the nades and portnades and the guns respawn are great things to add of course

jasonmyeden wrote:Please do not change anything in it: do not remove plants and do not add teleporters. Otherwise I'll go crazy.

why, arguments for not changing? its not perfect and there might be many other problems, youre not hte one who chooses the final state of the map, its the staff, arguments for plants and teleporters? there are favorable ones but no negative ones other than I DONT WANT THEM TO BE LIKE THAT AND IM RIGHT!!111!

and you are already crazy

i think there should be some testing done in this, if kiriakos or some staff member wants to test it and kiriakos version, im in pb2s discord just @ me, and also i think this has positive features that can merged with the map by kiriakos
Last edited by phsc on 9 February 2019, 20:18, edited 1 time in total.
phsc
Noir Lime [600]

Postby Ash Crow » 9 February 2019, 19:24

Really balanced map style, althougt i think the middle roof it's a little overpowered.
I really loved the re-design because of the freedom of movement and also I think specially that the map would be a great pvp experience.
Totally worth my 5 Stars and also respect.

Ash Crow
Recruit

Postby IceRGodZ » 9 February 2019, 20:01

i did a revision on your version, i will expect you to vomit dollar bills on the floor, so bear with me on this lol

I added 1 mine barrel to go along with phsc's agreement and kiras

https://www.plazmaburst2.com/?s=2&map=icergodz-uw
Last edited by IceRGodZ on 11 February 2019, 18:09, edited 5 times in total.

IceRGodZ
Recruit

Postby phsc » 9 February 2019, 20:56

SO
we played the map!

http://prntscr.com/miw754

it explains the most common lines of fire and common/popular spots

it has a few camping problems, it has many spawnkill and movement problems

so, taht top part with the plants is pretty terrible and is quite op, that bottom-middle left area is also pretty terrible, the elevator is also terrible, everything else felt natural and quite balanced, a few areas are quite plain like the bottom corridor which can be fixed by adding small cover

http://prntscr.com/miw821 proof we played it

I, and i repeat, I, enjoyed the map, it was fast paced, had a few problems with spawning but it was fun to kill campers and it was fun mostly considering how diverse the multiple players playstyles were, ditzy was in it before and he has a very rushy then slow movement style that goes well agaisnt my style and then theres thj who moves really fast and jason eden who mostly camps so it was very diverse and id say my style and thjs were the most effective, camping wasnt that op and ditzys style is easily countered by the really heavy spam in some areas

the cr-42 ghosts are terrible tho, they really make so the cs pistols are way better because not only in a general way it seems like the dps isnt that different in most cases BUT ALSO the cs pistols can penetrate those windows which makes them realy useful, id remove the ghosts
also imo there was a lack of defibs around the map even tho guns werent that much of a prob but ok

i will do a post on map-realwar by kiriakos and explain its problems compared to the problems this one has
phsc
Noir Lime [600]

Postby Jason Eden » 10 February 2019, 08:54

Ash Crow wrote:Really balanced map style, althougt i think the middle roof it's a little overpowered.
I really loved the re-design because of the freedom of movement and also I think specially that the map would be a great pvp experience.

Thank you Ash. You're the only one here who can see the true beauty of something. The middle roof camp/spam spot can be easily countered from the roof of left or right building.

kubakuba wrote:Nice map, I didn't found any mistakes.

Thanks bro.

IceRGodZ wrote:i did a revision on your version, i will expect you to vomit dollar bills on the floor, so bear with me on this lol
https://www.plazmaburst2.com/?s=2&map=icergodz-uw

Okay.
Jason Eden
Falkok [250]

Postby phsc » 10 February 2019, 15:01

Okay, Jason, okay.

kubakuba wrote:Nice map, I didn't found any mistakes.

youre terrible at finding mistakes

Ash Crow wrote:Really balanced map style, althougt i think the middle roof it's a little overpowered.

1 post account decides he is going to make his first post on exactly the approval request for urbanwar by lostmydollar/jason eden, hmmm, I might tell some staff members to verify if it is not the same person even tho Ash Crow has a few maps (btw that castle map is quite cool) but still could be an alt for lostmydollar/Jason Eden, but thing is, it doesn't matter, of course the fact he is giving public opinion on this map will make so staff looks and "waow! there is a lot of people that like this!" but that is not a valid argument since there is a competitor:
viewtopic.php?f=167&t=22534

And by the way Ditzy and thj told me they prefers Kiriakos version more as it is more balanced

But anyway, your argument, yeah.

Why is it balanced? please tell me, the amount of spawnkilling, spam and camping is massive, it is a fast paced map I excel at but still it is not a good map, I was the god of sphinx-shotgun and that map was complete trash which I used to get many kills without dying and I can kinda see myself doing that in this map if I still had the skill/lag/time to play I had at the time I used to do that and if the average players of the game were of that skill, even then, if something is overpowered, it means that... it is overpowered so... it is not balanced!!!!1!!!!111!

Jason Eden wrote:Thank you Ash. You're the only one here who can see the true beauty of something. The middle roof camp/spam spot can be easily countered from the roof of left or right building.

Oh he agrees with you! what a god, thank him! yes! lets also ignore the critics made to your map! BECAUSE YOU CLEARLY HAVE PERFECT LOGIC AS YOU MENTIONED BEFORE IN YOUR LOSTMYDOLLAR ACC! WHAT A LEGEND
Anyway, BEAUTY IS SUBJECTIVE AND PURELY BASED ON YOUR TASTE, most people find maps my mrnat beautiful and you - if you are lostmydollar - don't.

But here is the thing, THAT PLACE IS NOT A CAMPING SPOT, the amount of fire that goes in that direction is ridiculous and it is really hard to survive, top left and top right are way better camping spots mostly considering how harder it is to counter, that spot IS NOT A CAMPING SPOT as I mentioned in my movement/firing analysis of the map
by the way, there are three main playstles for PB2, one where you shoot a direction and go to it, one where you shoot a direction and go to the opposite, one where you shoot a direction and camp, and of course one where you don't shoot and just move somewhere until you find someone for all these versions and if you consider this as the method for playstyles that analysis makes way more sense as it is the most common actions people make

BUT THING IS, HOW, HOW can it easily be countered? arguments? stating the obvious does nothing and in my opinion it isn't obvious, that spot is not even a camping spot, but if it is, how do you counter it, there are two lines of fire you can just go from one side to another(the best method agains't it is using the CS pistol in the elevator shaft near the door and shoot through it and then whoever is on that camping spot will fall BUT YOU DON'T MENTION THE METHODS FOR THINGS AND JUST STATE THEM AS ABSOLUTE TRUTHS)

Ash Crow wrote:I really loved the re-design because of the freedom of movement and also I think specially that the map would be a great pvp experience.

It implies that the original map doesn't have freedom of movement, it does, what makes the original bad is spam and mostly, camping, and well, you think it would be, THEN FIND OUT, PLAY IT, it won't, the amount of spam and spawnkilling is incredible, most time if you can't get a gun early you will die, and if you get that crappy ghost you will probably also die.

But if freedom of movement is your argument, try this: viewtopic.php?f=167&t=22534
According to me, Ditzy and thj, that is way better for movement since THE SPAM AND CAMPING IS WAY LOWER, even tho it is not as fast paced which is mostly a illusion of movement in this map's case.

Why is it worth 5 stars, and why is it worth your respect? it is a rework that is better than the original, but still, it is not a 5 stars map, 4 I'd say, 5 stars would be Kiriakos version if we take purely a combat approach but yeah, aesthetics wise, this map is better, BUT THAT IS NOT WHAT IS IMPORTANT IN PB2 APPROVED FOR RANKED MODE MAPS, IT IS BALANCE
And thing is, if you keep trying to build up his ego lostmydollar/Jason Eden is never going to be able to understand he is an alienated ignorant man and stop his narcissistic tendencies he has towards this game, so please, stop building his stupid ego and make so lostmydollar/Jason Eden learns how to do critical thinking and stops with his black/white thinking.

Anyway, I did not test IceRs version yet and I will wait until someone like Ditzy is online so I can play with him, it looks great tho.

Now instead of running from my arguments, Jason Eden/lostmydollar, what about refuting them instead of ignoring them? are you afraid you are not right? or are you just blind?
phsc
Noir Lime [600]

Postby phsc » 10 February 2019, 21:22

ON ICERS VERSION

I wont make one of those fancy firing analysis because no and it is from everywhere to anywhere.

There are a few balance problems with IceRs version, first being, the shotguns are too damn OP, second being, you can shoot trough a lot of walls with the snipers, third being, the PHANX sucks into the level a pistol is sometimes better and well, gun-wise thats it.

I feel like the middle part is more of a camping spot in IceRs edit and me, Ditzy, Artichokecat and Flora player it, results http://prntscr.com/mj9cuj

People found it really fun, everyone, it wasn't balanced because of the guns, map structure is interesting and these thing I assume are so best map

I think the arena itself is not that good, I don't care for visuals but the sky colours is really great, I hate the plants, but wont lie, it's the most fun version out of all, not approval worthy in current state.
phsc
Noir Lime [600]

Postby Jason Eden » 11 February 2019, 08:10

Eric said that gun mods are not allowed in approved maps. So, I guess I will have to find another way to fix the issues of this map. The main issue of original urbanwar by Raffine is the lines of fire. They are too long. You can kill someone in building A or even building B while being in building C. This is realistic in my opinion and good, but Eric doesn't seem to like that. So I will have to change the map once again. If anybody is willing to try to do the same thing, please do. The best version will be approved. It doesn't mean it must be my version. It can be your version as well. Just post it in this topic (with zoomed out screenshot), because there are too many topics about urbanwar already. Also, please don't use colored backgrounds or anything that will make original urbanwar and your remake look too different from each other. Yea, and make sure roof camp spots are weak. I'll try to make your name appear in map credits (because the ID will most likely be "raffine-urbanwar", which means the map source will be replaced). This will be your reward.

Original urbanwar by Raffine - https://www.plazmaburst2.com/?s=9&a=&m= ... &id=925645
My version of urbanwar (outdated) - https://www.plazmaburst2.com/?s=9&a=&m= ... &id=925548

Note for Staff team: you're no longer needed, but I'll let you know if anything changes. You can participate in making the remake of urbanwar though.
Jason Eden
Falkok [250]

Postby Jason Eden » 12 February 2019, 10:35

I suppose the Staff team decided to make their own approval requirements. Also there is a another note coming right after the text you mentioned:
DoomWrath wrote:- Modifications are only permitted with non-defining weapons of PB2/PB-FttP. It is recommended to only modify non-canon weapons (ones which do not appear in the campaign).

-EDIT-
Okay, my version #2 is ready. Long lines of fire should no longer be a problem. I also kept the original style of the map.
https://www.plazmaburst2.com/?s=9&a=&m= ... &id=926035
Jason Eden
Falkok [250]

Postby phsc » 13 February 2019, 17:50

I will reply to what Jason Eden said in my post, and I will also reply to tehswordninja, making other objections.

teh first.
tehswordninja wrote:Jason, you've been warned. Don't continue your behaviour or you will receive a ban.

Ban him, it is clear that it was intentional behaviour to lock my urbanwar post, he kept trying to create chaos because he wants his map to be approved, not mine, locking mine gives it less attention overall, valid critics to it could have been done, he made it so it would be locked so I would be obliged to use here, and that is what I am doing, but I wish, deeply, for any staff member to lock this post too as it is going to generate conflict, and if he can do what he did in my post I should be able to do it here too, and I will.

tehswordninja wrote:It's clear this topic has devolved into nothing but pointless arguments.

ALL BECAUSE OF JASON EDEN, I was fine, giving him valid arguments in his map and Kiriakos, making analysis of common lines of fire and pointing out common mistakes, Jason decided he would create it and you lock MY topic, not HIS.
tehswordninja wrote:A general warning to all involved: Please don't continue these arguments. It doesn't get anywhere and has turned a simple approval request topic into a shitshow.

I will reply to his objections related to the map, not these crappy ad hominems he keeps doing, but following PB2s rules, I will give you reason to ban him too.
tehswordninja wrote:Therefore, topic locked. Far as I'm aware, this won't impact the validity of the map being approved or not, so don't worry in that regard.

Therefore what, that is no logical conclusion, it will impact it because this gets more views and people won't be able to criticize my map, I wish for it to be opened, please, I won't act like Jason and give orders to staff, but please, be fair, I know it might be hard for you because it's clear that you, tehswordninja, don't like me, and that is kinda fine if you don't take it into consideraiton when making decisions but I think you did, anyway to what matters.
And lock this, not mine, I want valid critics, Ditzy did a few and I fixed his.

TO THE ACTUAL CRITICS TO HIS OBJECTIONS AGAISN'T MY MAP

Jason Eden wrote:I pointed out the issue about players having different graphics settings and therefore they will experience the map differently because of that. Your counter argument was this: "Well, I have no problem with this and three random guys said it's okay." This is not even a counter argument, but you for some reason consider it being one. Now watch what do players see with high graphics (A) and players with low graphics (B). And then, please explain me how did you win that argument, because I don't understand your logic. You literally don't see anything with high graphics, and any Staff member will tell you that it makes the map unfair towards players with high graphics.

That is not an issue, it is part of the map, it is a counter argument, it is purely a question about something being fine or not in a question of viability in gameplay, many people said it is fine, one can still easily see in high and low graphics in the map, you can see, many people do see, I played the map with high graphics and I actually was more aware since bullets are more vibrant when in relation with the enviroment, a staff member saying something does not make it better or worse than you saying something.

Jason Eden wrote:I can spend a whole hour to explain why are you wrong in other cases, but since you make so stupid mistakes such as the one above, why should I do that?

You really did not read my reply I'm sure, non causae ut causae fallacy as I mentioned before.
You don't have an objective reason to do anything, nihilism, everything is deduced via psychological action that generates human action that is the only thing we can objectively understand a posteriori while psychology is a weird mix which applies both a priori and a posteriori via the scientific method, but many other things are applied, I can explain to you that you have actual mind problems via jungian analytical psychology, not the pure pseudoscience one, I recommend for you to go to an actual psychiatrist, for real.
Jason Eden wrote:I don't think I should waste my time. There is a mess in your head.

Take a look at the mirror.
Jason Eden wrote:
Kazy wrote:blablabla

Go write your bs somewhere else, insect.

You really do have a narcissistic personality disorder, don't you? read the DSM-5
Not only that but that is directly an insult agaisn't Kazy, directly with the pure intend to offend her, unlike my chat mute for mentioning someone is narcissistic, amazing how the job staff does is clearly UNBIASED.

and now I hope that tehswordninja does not act out of pure impulse and thinks, or that another staff member I consider more capable of critical thinking such as Kiriakos takes a look at this.

EDIT: Text reformating and a quote I did not add the "" to.
phsc
Noir Lime [600]

Postby IceRGodZ » 13 February 2019, 19:28

the spacing between the walls in the building feel a little uncomfortable can you open them wider pls??

IceRGodZ
Recruit

Postby phsc » 13 February 2019, 19:45

Somehow, somehow you made it even worse.
Not only it looks terrible with all these crappy black walls, you really destroyed the best parts of the map.
Top left is a camping simulator, it is also really uncomfortable to play there, if you are from deep down going up there is possible which is a good thing but even then you are very likely going to die mostly because since theres that crappy plant thing you wont be able to shoot the dude if you grab the ledge and if you just go up very likely to die but you might also selfboost and with luck and a high enought ping you can kill the dude.
Top right is also still crap, someone standing there is really hard to hit because of how easy it is to move to the other side and escape a grenade and how hard it is to hit a good grenade there.
Ground area playing is almost dead, these crappy giant thick doors are ugly and terrible gameplay wise, middle part is a deliciously exquisite pizza sauce that is terrible to move around, and even more terrible to fight around, everybody just escapes, top part is unironically a spam war, it has one of the most vast lines of fire I've seen, aren't you the one agaisn't it?
I think that this map has a way lower skillcap that any other versions, looks terrible and is not balanced.
Another thing is these crappy windows that now can be shot trough with assault rifles, and by that I mean... the only window you did not remove, right middle is horrible to play around too, mostly if youa re trying to go up, I hate that two block with one of them being black thing on the right middle right side, looks terrible and is terrible to play at, you can't shoot someone whos there, only grenades, which are still kinda hard.
IceR sent a screenshot of you with an absurd score to me, and well he mentioned there was an AFK person in the map, is that what balance is? in my version I did get a pretty high kd but last time I played it with Ditzy it was way lower, Kiriakos version was pretty balanced, your version? pff
Also funny fact, I remember you talking about people with low ping being better than people with high ping, guess, your ping is 240 in that IcerR screenshot, the most interesting part is you mentioned ping 150+ in that meme of yours, and I personally think your syncing sucks when I played agaisn't you in your own version that time.
But not like skill matters anyway, the skillcap is already ridiculous and your map is ugly, terrible and uncomfortable.
phsc
Noir Lime [600]

Postby Incompetence » 13 February 2019, 20:13

Jason Eden wrote:Okay, my version #2 is ready. Long lines of fire should no longer be a problem. I also kept the original style of the map.

???

you literally have a long line of fire in the top lane and it's practically suicide to move up to that lane now because it's so open and vast. I'd call that a problem for sure lol

and I have to agree about those doors in the middle of the map. it just reduces the space there to an even tighter spot. idk what you were trying to make with those doors or this map in general but that along with your new edit is a lot of steps back from your previous edit
Incompetence
Civil Security Heavy [300]

Postby Jason Eden » 13 February 2019, 20:19

IceRGodZ wrote:the spacing between the walls in the building feel a little uncomfortable can you open them wider pls??

I don't think so. I've spent a few hours fixing the lines of fire, and now any changes to the wall placement may screw everything up.
phsc wrote:Somehow, somehow you made it even worse.
Not only it looks terrible with all these crappy black walls, you really destroyed the best parts of the map.
Top left is a camping simulator, it is also really uncomfortable to play there, if you are from deep down going up there is possible which is a good thing but even then you are very likely going to die mostly because since theres that crappy plant thing you wont be able to shoot the dude if you grab the ledge and if you just go up very likely to die but you might also selfboost and with luck and a high enought ping you can kill the dude.
Top right is also still crap, someone standing there is really hard to hit because of how easy it is to move to the other side and escape a grenade and how hard it is to hit a good grenade there.
Ground area playing is almost dead, these crappy giant thick doors are ugly and terrible gameplay wise, middle part is a deliciously exquisite pizza sauce that is terrible to move around, and even more terrible to fight around, everybody just escapes, top part is unironically a spam war, it has one of the most vast lines of fire I've seen, aren't you the one agaisn't it?
I think that this map has a way lower skillcap that any other versions, looks terrible and is not balanced.
Another thing is these crappy windows that now can be shot trough with assault rifles, and by that I mean... the only window you did not remove, right middle is horrible to play around too, mostly if youa re trying to go up, I hate that two block with one of them being black thing on the right middle right side, looks terrible and is terrible to play at, you can't shoot someone whos there, only grenades, which are still kinda hard.
IceR sent a screenshot of you with an absurd score to me, and well he mentioned there was an AFK person in the map, is that what balance is? in my version I did get a pretty high kd but last time I played it with Ditzy it was way lower, Kiriakos version was pretty balanced, your version? pff
Also funny fact, I remember you talking about people with low ping being better than people with high ping, guess, your ping is 240 in that IcerR screenshot, the most interesting part is you mentioned ping 150+ in that meme of yours, and I personally think your syncing sucks when I played agaisn't you in your own version that time.
But not like skill matters anyway, the skillcap is already ridiculous and your map is ugly, terrible and uncomfortable.

Maybe you just need more skills? Also beauty is subjective, you said that.
Incompetence wrote:you literally have a long line of fire in the top lane and it's practically suicide to move up to that lane now because it's so open and vast. I'd call that a problem for sure lol

and I have to agree about those doors in the middle of the map. it just reduces the space there to an even tighter spot. idk what you were trying to make with those doors or this map in general but that along with your new edit is a lot of steps back from your previous edit

I tested the map and it works fine. I did a score 100-30 while playing with at least 2 pro-players. Roof spots are open so campers would not feel safe there.
Jason Eden
Falkok [250]

Postby phsc » 13 February 2019, 20:35

Jason Eden wrote:I don't think so. I've spent a few hours fixing the lines of fire, and now any changes to the wall placement may screw everything up.

Good job! you wasted much time of your life! you don't think so but don't give any arguments other than "changing this will deliciously exquisite pizza sauce everything up because I'm bad at map making"

Jason Eden wrote:Maybe you just need more skills?

Yes, ad hominem! I knew it! your map sucks! I got pretty high score both in your older version of your map - playing agaisnt you actually - in Kiriakos version and my version, in yours modern I don't, thinking emooji I guess!
Jason Eden wrote:Also beauty is subjective, you said that.

OK JASON EDEN YOU REALLY DON'T UNDERSTAND COMMON SENSE.
First of all this is a tu quoque fallacy as I explained in my reply to your reply to my post which tehswordninja locked.
Let me explain it to you:
If we are going to take concepts such as beauty in a PB2 spectrum, we should take the most objective concept for these kind of things, beauty could be what the average PB2 forums and discord user finds beautiful, following modern styles for maps, something such as what mrnat and IceR make are considered beautiful; colourful, interesting and innovative in design with many features to be used, something such as my map are also but not as much as I take a more realistic visual approach which is not something that makes it bad or worse just different, in theory you could try to "argue" using PB2s lore but then if we use that we achieve what you use and that is not what multiplayer maps should be about, if that is then stryde-sniper is the best map ever made.
But back to the point, something such as yours, simplistic, lack of combination betwen things, going away from the small walled, slighty blocky but still natural and not abusing black wall vibe from the original map while making it even simpler in looks, which is a bad thing considering what I am using for my concept of beauty, while Incompetence's version gets more points than yours for a more open and detailed in walling style, with more background variation and of course great lighting.
But beauty is subjective indeed, one can give it's opinion, my main argument was not about it being terrible in looks, yet in gameplay because of the reasons I mention which you do not refute.

Jason Eden wrote:I tested the map and it works fine. I did a score 100-30 while playing with at least 2 pro-players. Roof spots are open so campers would not feel safe there.

2 pro players? who? you did 100-30, congratulations! the map is not balanced then! since two pro players should beat your ass, feeling safe and being safe are two different concepts.
phsc
Noir Lime [600]

Postby Jason Eden » 14 February 2019, 20:16

Alright, Eric is no longer useful to me. And I pretty much told him everything I was thinking about him, so now I guess he may be angry a little bit. But I don't care anymore. I'm now kinda disappointed in everything I could be disappointed in. So I guess I have no reasons left to worry about the future of this game. I'm tired honestly. Anyway, staffs if you still want to approve urbanwar, here is my last remake of it. Do whatever you want. Eric said it's the best one of all current remakes we have, but do whatever you want. Approve this one, or other one, or approve none of them. I don't care.

https://www.plazmaburst2.com/?s=9&a=&m= ... &id=926035
Jason Eden
Falkok [250]

Return to Approval Request Archive