[CANCELLED] raffine-urbanwar

Re: [APPROVAL REQUEST] raffine-urbanwar

Postby Jason Eden » 6 February 2019, 22:23

IceRG wrote:What about if one camps on the left side, where you have shown te perfect camp spot? and one camps on the top right side? and arent teaming?

Go in the middle building?
Jason Eden
Falkok [250]

Postby Kiriakos Gr96 » 8 February 2019, 21:04

Hikarikaze wrote:For the PHANX, I don't think it's that bad of a choice honestly. Thematically it fits in, and it's not absurdly powerful like the OICW either. It's one of the most accurate automatic weapons in the game but against 150 HP opponents, it does mediocre damage when you land just regular body shots. My own tests showed it only takes about 4-5 shots to kill someone with 150 HP, which isn't that bad for a fast paced game. It's only really powerful with headshots, but this is just a game mechanic, and there's no issue with headshots being more lethal. I'd argue headshots are more of a feat of skill; getting these quick 2-3 shot kills is just the pay-off for doing so.

Based on that and some playtest that i made i replace the OICW with the PHANX.

Hikarikaze wrote:Personally I'd keep the teleporting in place but remove the teleporter decors themselves. Just use backgrounds to make an "entrance" to an elevator or staircase. It'll look like the player simply took an elevator or staircase when in terms of gameplay, they still teleported. It'll make sense on both fronts.

The reason why i added the teleports was to make some camp points imposible to be camped also to provide to extraoptions to the players,about the decor i thought the idea of not adding decoration but how players will know where they get teleported? i also tried to draw something like stairs but again i had the same problem.

Jason Eden wrote:You replaced wonderful flowers with stupid mined barrels. Why? For the love of God, why? PB2 takes place in the future, but does it mean that people in future don't live in the buildings, can't have flowers on top of the roof? Dystopia?

Theese flowers(bush or idk) seemed out of place and based on feedback i removed them and replace them with barrels.

Jason Eden wrote:You added a fourth floor to the left building and created a perfect camp spot http://prntscr.com/mgj96j. Besides it made the building look more monotonous and simple as fourth floor has no differences to third floor, as third floor has no differences to second floor, as the second floor has no differences to the first floor. It's an aesthetic issue. This is what I meant when I said that you disfigured the original map. If you add new stuff to the map - make sure it looks original and fits the map. Do not just Ctrl+C -> Ctrl+V first thing you click on.

Im made a small change to that floor to make it harder to camp now.
Kiriakos Gr96
Administrator

Postby Jason Eden » 8 February 2019, 21:42

Teleporters, mined barrels... I don't like where it goes. I've found the source of original urbanwar and I'll take care of editing it. Approvable version should be ready tomorrow. I'll post a new approval request with "map-urbanwar" being the ID. Topic locked.
Jason Eden
Falkok [250]

Previous

Return to Approval Request Archive