[EDIT REQUEST] stryde-zone

Approved Map Edit Requests

[EDIT REQUEST] stryde-zone

Postby CreeperHunter55 » 16 June 2020, 20:17

[A]
- I have read and understand fully the Required Reading for posting an Approved Map Edit Request: YES
- I have read and understand fully the Approved Map Edit Request rules: YES
- I have confirmed that this map is currently approved: YES

[B]
- Map Name: Zone
- Map ID: stryde-zone
- Link to Map Page: https://www.plazmaburst2.com/?s=9&m=stryde-zone
- Link to Map Demo: https://www.plazmaburst2.com/?s=2&map=stryde-zone

[C]
- Do you think this map need a minor edit, or a major overhaul?: minor-medium
- In a few words, why is an edit required?: levitating walls at the right part of the map
- In detail, what exactly is wrong with the map, and what exactly needs to be edited?: levitating walls are disallowed. Bad outdated design, improve it.
- Any other comments: The upper left part of the map feels unfinished.

CreeperHunter55
Civil Security Lite [100]

Re: [EDIT REQUEST] stryde-zone

Postby Girl_Power » 16 June 2020, 22:36

I can agree with you on this one. The levitating walls are an issue and the upper-left part of the map needs some rework. Other than those problems, I feel like the map is a bit unfair due to the red team's side being more crowded than the opposing team.
Forever young, ever strong, ever brave.
Girl_Power
Noir Lime [600]

Postby CreeperHunter55 » 16 June 2020, 23:02

Girl_Power wrote:I can agree with you on this one. The levitating walls are an issue and the upper-left part of the map needs some rework. Other than those problems, I feel like the map is a bit unfair due to the red team's side being more crowded than the opposing team.

You're right, it's also unfair. Again.
CreeperHunter55

Postby Stryde » 20 June 2020, 02:23

Here's a list of changes I've made:
- Updated background textures and wall textures across the map
- Incorporated ALE workshop models (....specifically crate models (from TheEmeraldMaster, kubakuba), window model (from Mr jaks nes), metal girders (from kubakuba/CakeSpider) and warning sign model (from kubakuba))
- Reduced player size from 8 players to 6 players
- Increased map size
- Separated out spawn points for players in COOP mode (also adjusted spawn points so they are on similar ground to begin)
- Updated map sky
- Updated lighting of map and light textures
- Updated characters and guns on map

Old: red team vs blue team with red/blue pistol C-01p (slot1), red/blue assault rifle C-01r (slot2), red/blue shotgun C-01s (slot3), light railgun (slot4) and defibrillator (slot6)
New: omega vs sigma (because no Civil Protector vs Civil Security team names) with assault rifle CS-IK (slot2), plasma shotgun (slot3) and defibrillator (slot6)
New: 2 rayguns (slot9) scattered in each spawn (4 rayguns total on map) with 1 heater gun (slot8) in the middle of the map

There are more changes I don't bother listing here because overall the general map structure has changed a lot. Right now, map is currently saved as Stryde-zone_bright and will be replaced with Stryde-zone after feedback is given (there's a preview currently provided on the map page) https://www.plazmaburst2.com/?s=9&a=&m= ... one_bright

Stryde
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Postby phsc » 20 June 2020, 04:52

the new map is pretty great, played it for 27 minutes, the map changed a lot but some of its original feeling is still there, mostly the bottom left area, the rest has drastically changed for the good, the original map compared to the second is so deliciously exquisite pizza sauce bad, like the original doesnt flow, you have no idea of where to move, and like everything is very spammable, the new one fixes all of that as well as the aesthetics n all

however i have some problems w it, some minor, some are more like, what if scenarios
1 - the deliciously exquisite pizza sauce crates, why did you make the crates in different colors, it makes me want to die, its so awkward n weird
2 - the heater is pretty much bad, all the other weapons are better pretty much, its only at most annoying but not effective for killing, only rly works if ur rly close to the person but then everything else (and swords!) also work
3 - why a ray gun tho? like in practice it ends up being very good vs anyone who tries to camp (top right of the map doesnt work, middle also doesnt, no real camp spots, great) but why not a railgun? too spammable? the ray gun ends up getting more kills youre not trying to get when theres many people, also at times the person basically misses but still gets a kill because of its extreme dmg, did u try a railgun? or some new guns that have a similar use (CS-gaussrifle and one i think could work well is the energy rifle, if my memory doesnt fail me and its not spammable)

the weapon choices in general are good, the CS-IK w the plasma shotgun works very well

also, the gravitator on the left, why is it disabled? could be enabled, allows for a better way of escaping that part of the map when ur being chased to reengage in other places, which happens in basically all the other parts of the map but not there cuz of that
phsc
Noir Lime [600]

Postby Stryde » 20 June 2020, 06:16

phsc wrote:the new map is pretty great, played it for 27 minutes, the map changed a lot but some of its original feeling is still there, mostly the bottom left area, the rest has drastically changed for the good, the original map compared to the second is so deliciously exquisite pizza sauce bad, like the original doesnt flow, you have no idea of where to move, and like everything is very spammable, the new one fixes all of that as well as the aesthetics n all

2 - the heater is pretty much bad, all the other weapons are better pretty much, its only at most annoying but not effective for killing, only rly works if ur rly close to the person but then everything else (and swords!) also work
Phsc wrote:3 - why a ray gun tho? like in practice it ends up being very good vs anyone who tries to camp (top right of the map doesnt work, middle also doesnt, no real camp spots, great) but why not a railgun? too spammable? the ray gun ends up getting more kills youre not trying to get when theres many people, also at times the person basically misses but still gets a kill because of its extreme dmg, did u try a railgun? or some new guns that have a similar use (CS-gaussrifle and one i think could work well is the energy rifle, if my memory doesnt fail me and its not spammable)

the weapon choices in general are good, the CS-IK w the plasma shotgun works very well[/qupte]
To me, I want to find a good balance between the weapon aesthetics and weapon balancing. A lot of guns in the level editor feel either too big for the player model, didn't fit with the map environment, were too overpowered, fired one too many bullets, fired a little bit too fast, etc. It really comes down to personal preference of a combination of traits, which is why I chose to use the plasma shotgun and the CS-IK assault rifle because even though they came from two different contributors, the weapon aesthetics look nice, feel balanced and make a nice combination.
Many approved maps have railguns or snipers, whether its the lite/heavy railgun or default sniper. Felt like adding more of a weapon not seen as much that's also not overpowered in this setting.

Phsc wrote:also, the gravitator on the left, why is it disabled? could be enabled, allows for a better way of escaping that part of the map when ur being chased to reengage in other places, which happens in basically all the other parts of the map but not there cuz of that

You kind of answered it in one of the reasons why you like this version of zone, "the map changed a lot but some of its original feeling is still there, mostly the bottom left area,". The original version didn't have a gravitator at the left side of the map, just a "ladder" path of walls up to the top, which I wanted to keep the same. I instead just put a disabled gravitator at the bottom.

Stryde

Postby CreeperHunter55 » 20 June 2020, 11:37

I really like the new map, I'm glad you're back in map making

CreeperHunter55

Postby Stryde » 20 June 2020, 14:34

Thanks,

After playtesting, I removed the assault rifle CS-IK and the heater. The plasma shotguns and rayguns remain in the map (you'll respawn with plasma shotgun/defibrillator in DM/TDM with 4 rayguns scattered on map). Also moved the set of three boxes at the top middle part of map closer to be stacked and not separated.

Stryde

Postby Kiriakos Gr96 » 20 June 2020, 15:40

Map has been updated and it approved again.
Thanks everyone for the feedback.
Kiriakos Gr96
Administrator

Return to Approved Map Edit Requests