[EDIT REQUEST] buzzard 1-fightforthebase

Approved Map Edit Requests

[EDIT REQUEST] buzzard 1-fightforthebase

Postby IcYiGodZ » 17 January 2018, 17:08

[A]
- I have read and understand fully the Required Reading for posting an Approved Map Edit Request: YES
- I have read and understand fully the Approved Map Edit Request rules: YES
- I have confirmed that this map is currently approved: YES

[B]
- Map Name: Colony
- Map ID: buzzard 1-fightforthebase
- Link to Map Page: http://plazmaburst2.com/?s=9&a=&m=buzza ... &id=534405
- Link to Map Demo: http://plazmaburst2.com/?s=2&map=buzzar ... forthebase

[C]
- Do you think this map need a minor edit, or a major overhaul?: Minor
- In a few words, why is an edit required?: EG, Outdated map, unfair map, map glitches present, etc: Exploit
- In detail, what exactly is wrong with the map, and what exactly needs to be edited?: The 2 pillars on top of the map has no pushers, so anybody can go there and camp. With no way of dying.
- Any other comments: Nope.

Add me on twitter! http://twitter.com/IcYGodZ?lang=en
IcYiGodZ
Cyber Grub [25]

Re: [EDIT REQUEST] buzzard 1-fightforthebase

Postby Stryde » 17 January 2018, 22:10

This map shouldn't even be approved due to non-returning door issue

I hosted the map, closed the door to the blue base.

What I see:

What my opponent can see:

Because of this non-returning door bug, I can't be killed because the door is shut on my screen, and I can kill my enemy because the door is open on their screen

What I can see (pseudocover due to a glitch that I can abuse by spamming and be totally fine):

Before you call bullshit, the real pistol cannot penetrate a 4 pixel door

What my opponent can whine about, a client-sided issue that probably can't be fixed in PB2:

This happens with every door on the map, every time someone connects, in TDM and DM. On top of this, the middle area of the map isn't really unique, it's pretty much same design from aslang-fightforthebase. The cover in the actual bases is pretty poor as well because the C-01p pistol can penetrate through 4 pixel walls, as can the sniper rifle, raygun, and alien rifle. A bonus, literally everything on this map will penetrate through these dinky walls

Stryde

Postby Buzzard 1 » 18 January 2018, 10:32

Stryde wrote:This map shouldn't even be approved due to non-returning door issue

I hosted the map, closed the door to the blue base.

What I see:

What my opponent can see:

Because of this non-returning door bug, I can't be killed because the door is shut on my screen, and I can kill my enemy because the door is open on their screen

What I can see (pseudocover due to a glitch that I can abuse by spamming and be totally fine):

Before you call bullshit, the real pistol cannot penetrate a 4 pixel door

What my opponent can whine about, a client-sided issue that probably can't be fixed in PB2:

This happens with every door on the map, every time someone connects, in TDM and DM. On top of this, the middle area of the map isn't really unique, it's pretty much same design from aslang-fightforthebase. The cover in the actual bases is pretty poor as well because the C-01p pistol can penetrate through 4 pixel walls, as can the sniper rifle, raygun, and alien rifle. A bonus, literally everything on this map will penetrate through these dinky walls

While I am aware that this is an issue involving moveables in general, I believe it is rather the game's fault (client side issue as you said) and not entirely the map in general. This has been a bug for quite a while and there has been yet a fix to resolve this issue, the best way I can "solve" this was to set all the doors to close as default, that way players will see these doors closed when entering the match.

As for the issues involving penetrable walls, I did made many of them thicker, such as the rooftops and the vertical walls of both bases. Including the bunker walls you presented in the second screenshot.

In my opinion, I don't believe the door issue should be a reason for it not to get approved when it can somehow be more preventable if I just relocate the doors. Thank you for pointing out this issue, while it isn't the best change, it is certainly the better solution to at least prevent them from being more exploited

IcYiGodZ wrote:[A]
- In a few words, why is an edit required?: EG, Outdated map, unfair map, map glitches present, etc: Exploit
- In detail, what exactly is wrong with the map, and what exactly needs to be edited?: The 2 pillars on top of the map has no pushers, so anybody can go there and camp. With no way of dying.
- Any other comments: Nope.

The one in particular regarding the pillars issue, apparently I made a mistake of not setting up the pusher's parameters to deter that, and since they were already set I mistakenly assumed that I've already adjusted it to prevent that from happening but somehow I did not do so. Already fixed this as well. I was gonna do a map edit request regarding the pushers issue too, but things look like they were already set in motion.
Buzzard 1
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby tburn » 19 January 2018, 02:44

tburn
Recruit

Return to Approved Map Edit Requests