[APPROVAL REQUEST] Yex-a

[APPROVAL REQUEST] Yex-a

Postby Yex » 5 July 2020, 01:34

[1]
- To the best of my knowledge, the following map fits all requirements to be approved: YES
- The following map contains no unfair hidden features: YES
- The following map contains nothing against the PB2 Code of Conduct: YES
- I have read and understand fully the Required Reading for posting a Map Approval Request: YES
- I have read and understand fully the Map Approval Rules: YES

[2]
- Map Name:Apocalypse War [All-Modes][MP]
- Map ID:yex-a
- Link to Map Page:https://www.plazmaburst2.com/?s=9&a=&m=yex-a&id=983785
- Link to Map Demo:https://www.plazmaburst2.com/?s=2&map=yex-a

[3]
- Give a brief description of the map:A City-like Structure Map Takes In An Apocalypse City War
- Why you think the map deserves to be approved:This was my first attempt at making my very first approval map and was made specifically for that.
- Any other comments:The map also has active variables for the layout background for the map as it will change it's appearance based on multiplayer match mode. For example DM gives it a natural background layout while TDM/COOP gives it a red vs blue layout background and doesn't affect gameplay in any way at least I don't think it does.
Yex
Civil Security Lite [100]

Re: [APPROVAL REQUEST] Yex-a

Postby Stryde » 5 July 2020, 11:49

This map seems way too big, map preview does not even support full view of map which is a problem
There's a distinct lack of any actual cover which leads to many open firing lanes and spraying lanes, especially when map is huge
Also, I couldn't find this map preview region within the map. Don't use overhead text to demarcate map name and map ID and map owner in approved maps. https://prnt.sc/tc4wly
Medic pistol is bad for COOP as it sends enemy into dying state with one bullet. Easy to run around and troll instead of going for kills/may drastically affect gameplay.
Map looks like a cross between X death-realwar and Jason Eden-rvb2 with the layout, with a confusing theme/background choice
If intentions are to make maps really huge areas with lack of cover for players, they should be reconsidered before approval request

Stryde
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Postby CreeperHunter55 » 5 July 2020, 15:36

Big huge map
Not unique
Wide open spam areas
Too many grenades
All buildings look the same
Hard to navigate around map
Invisible doors are not good to edging map end
This map still need much work to improve it
Guns are for specific teams, it is not allowed
CreeperHunter55
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby Kiriakos Gr96 » 5 July 2020, 17:18

After we playtested the map we noticed that all the building are the same(the 3 at the center) which make you get lost and dont know where you are.
The map has no covers at all (especialy the lower part of the map)
The making the medic pistol be for all the players make them very spamable (which makes the gameplay be bad)

This map cant be approved.
Kiriakos Gr96
Administrator

Return to Approval Request Archive