Enable/Disable door "Collision"

Give us your feedback about the Level Editor! Or have an idea? Post it here!

Enable/Disable door "Collision"

Postby nwah » 17 January 2020, 16:12

So as the title says, there should be an option to enable/disable door collision, but why though?

Doors (or movable object) are essential when it comes to map-making. They can moving regions, decors, and such, but doors are "collidable" to both players and actors, which is not good since this cause doors to block players. Thus door collision is a huge burden to map-maker so it is really helpful if there a way to disable that without using bugs.

nwah

Re: Enable/Disable door "Collision"

Postby jeje52 » 17 January 2020, 19:34

If you use movables to move decors, regions, etc, you should offset the movable so that it moves under the moving object. If you offset it by like a couple thousand tiles, there's no way it will hit anything.
jeje52
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby nwah » 18 January 2020, 03:26

It's true that you can just the attach stuff with doors that's far away to sole the problem, but it's inconvenient and pointless when you can just disable the collision instead. Besides, it takes quite some trial and error to achieve what you want if you want to use that method.

nwah

Postby nightmar » 8 May 2020, 22:39

I am not sure we need that. We can make fake objects, including doors. I am just not certain if we can make fake doors move. But if we can then problem solved.
How many bugs does this game have anyway? jeez
nightmar
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Postby yi en » 23 May 2020, 07:37

by creating fake doors, this would mainly solved the collision problem tbh.
by my experiment, fake doors are quite movable so I used them as making some falling traps :3
Just keep in mind, the fake doors will move to the left top corner of the region, so remind that.
yi en
Civil Security Boss [500]

Return to Level Editor