Placeables and grenades

Give us your feedback about PB2.5! Or have an idea? Post it here!

Placeables and grenades

Postby tehswordninja » 20 June 2017, 15:49

I'm sick, been super inactive, extremely tired, and more, so why not just list a shit ton of ideas?

Grenades/Throwables:

Homing Grenade C-00h: A grenade that when thrown seeks the nearest enemy with light tracking. The explosion and damage is less than that of the default grenade.

Fire Grenade: A generic fire bomb grenade thing. Fire is currently being added to PB2.5, so I could easily see this being an area denial grenade. When the grenade is thrown, it would glow until it hit a surface or enemy, and then it would send out an explosion of fire, which would last for around 5 seconds.

Placeables: All of these can be destroyed.

Sentry guns: Sentry guns would be placeable weapons that would automatically target nearby enemies. Each turret would function differently.

Sentry Gun CS-Auto: The most basic of the three sentry guns, it would basically be a placeable CS-RC that would shoot at nearby targets.

Alien Defense Turret: Somewhat better than the CS turret, this sentry gun would fire projectiles similar to the old (but new) alien pistol in PB2.5. This turret would have a small charge up for every shot, and would feature good accuarcy and mid range capabilities. It would trade fire rate for damage.

Automated Ray Gun C-02s: This sentry would fire similarly to the ray rifle, but with worse accuracy.

(all of these would be placeable in the level editor and could be given to enemies which would throw them down to assist in killing the player)

Landmine: A basic explosive that can be placed on the ground. Blows up when stepped on. Deals good damage to everything.

Alien Proximity Explosive: An explosive landmine that activates when something comes near it. Sends out a small EMP alongside an explosive, which can stun vehicles. Deals less damage overall but has a wider radius and the special effect of stunning vehicles.

Healing station: When placed, gives health to wounded players at default a rate of 20 health per second (can be configured).

Sensor beacon: When placed provides a minimap of nearby enemies. If a minimap is added to PB2.5, then the beacon would greatly increase its capabilities.

All I have for now, any more ideas or feedback on my current list?
who needs a PB2.5 release date, anyways?
tehswordninja
Proxy [700]

Re: Placeables and grenades

Postby WolfMaster12 » 21 June 2017, 16:33

I would rename the Automated Ray Gun to Ray Sentry TCoRR (similarities to ray rifle, ray rifle = / = ray gun since they are produced by different firms), but otherwise, good ideas.
More cheese for the sir over here!
WolfMaster12
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby KARL SERG » 21 June 2017, 16:53

An Ammunition Station in case one has limited clips would be great.
KARL SERG
Civil Security Ghost [400]

Postby tehswordninja » 22 June 2017, 07:46

WolfMaster12 wrote:I would rename the Automated Ray Gun to Ray Sentry TCoRR (similarities to ray rifle, ray rifle = / = ray gun since they are produced by different firms), but otherwise, good ideas.

I figured there should be a different turret for each of the three major factions; Usurpation Forces, Civil Security, and Correction Nine.

If the turret shot the tracer rounds of the C-01r it'd be too similar to the CS turret.

However maybe we could just get a shotgun turret for the C9 turret, which would fire ray gun shots but with more spread, and then a TCoRR turret which is the original current idea. I think that actually works out decently.

KARL SERG wrote:An Ammunition Station in case one has limited clips would be great.

I thought about putting this down but due to the fact we don't know much about limited ammo overall, or if there will be crates on the ground by default, I decided just to leave it out. I wouldn't mind seeing it, for sure.
who needs a PB2.5 release date, anyways?
tehswordninja
Proxy [700]

Postby Ghost Killer823 » 2 July 2017, 02:57

A placeable stationary turret that can be manned by a player or enemy, but makes aiming very limited to only a certain set o degrees and can only look at one direction. (Right Only, Left Only, depending on turret placement).
Ghost Killer823
Civil Security Lite [100]

Return to Feedback and Insights