Dynamic Events

Give us your feedback about PB2.5! Or have an idea? Post it here!

Dynamic Events

Postby Copy_ » 13 March 2016, 19:24

Hey, I think we need some cool events for maps in 2.5.

Examples for some possible events: Storm, Rain, Rain and Storm, Snowing, Earthquake

You could enable these in the map editor, change how often these can occur, And if they can change things in the map. (example an earthquake could shake the guns on the ground around)

In my honest opinion, if it suddenly starts to rain in the map it would add much more replayability to the map as it wouldn't always be/look the same and be more diverse.

Here's a little video to show you how much of a different feeling such events could give to a map: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLAI9LWdmlM

(Now obviously, it wouldn't exactly look the same as in the video.)

State ur opinions below! :)
The only ones who should kill, are those who are prepared to be killed.
- Lelouch vi Britannia
Copy_
Civil Security Lite [100]

Re: Dynamic Events

Postby ustopable » 17 March 2016, 05:39

Snow can be activated and earthquakes can be made by perfect trigger system for the others well i dunno
ustopable
Phoenix Falkok [450]

Postby assasinguy » 17 March 2016, 21:48

Sounds pretty cool, the obvious problem is lag but that's a problem with any proposed update and we can't say no to everything. This allows for greater storytelling in maps and just general cool-looking stuff to happen during a game, so I'm all for it.

+1 from me.
assasinguy
assasinguy
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Postby Copy_ » 17 March 2016, 22:00

Moonhawk wrote:I'd prefer it if the map maker was the one to choose. What if a map maker wants a spooky map but suddenly it starts snowing?

Copy_ wrote:You could enable these in the map editor, change how often these can occur, And if they can change things in the map.

What I pretty much meant with the above is, the map maker can choose if the events are randomnized, what events can occure, how often these can occur or make the chosen events dynamically happen over time.

If the map maker couldn't choose the events, I'd agree that'd be bad.
The only ones who should kill, are those who are prepared to be killed.
- Lelouch vi Britannia
Copy_
Civil Security Lite [100]

Return to Feedback and Insights