Update Idea Misc

Give us your feedback about PB2.5! Or have an idea? Post it here!

Update Idea Misc

Postby xXWaffleDudeXx » 23 February 2016, 00:45

The reason I'm putting this in a list is because I don't want to keep track of multiple discussions at once. If some ideas have been suggested before, I apologize.

1.) Mounted Guns - Basically, turrets that can be used by pressing "E" near it. The player can stop using the gun by pressing "E" again. The gun can only fire at the direction its set at. EX: If its set the the right, the user can only shoot in that direction or any direction simular to it.
The mounted gun is an immobile unit, unless moved by movables. Can also work with groupable movables that are used to make cars, boats, and planes.

2.) Gun Addons - The player can choose from a list of addons to add to their guns. There is a 2 max of addons the player can add to each gun, and the addons are not bought with in-game money. The player starts out with them, so other players do not have a huge advantage over them. Each addon has advantages and disadvantages.
Types of addons (not all guns have the same ones): Suppressor - Quiets the shots, but lowers the damage of the gun, Extended clip - Allows the player to fire more rounds before reloading or recharging, but extends reloading time, Quick Reload - Lowers reload time, but lowers the amount of bullets the gun can shoot before reloading, Increased Rate of Fire - Increases rate of fire (duh), but uses up more ammo, Increased Damage - Gives more damage to the gun's projectiles, but gives the gun more recoil and lowers the rate of fire. Gun addons effects can be determined by upgrade level.

3.) Right-click functions - Rifles: right-clicking changes the gun to a short rapid-fire spurt, and right-clicking again changes it back to normal. Or, the rifle fires HE grenades, but the grenades go farther, faster, and explode on contact. Shotguns and related: Right-clicking doubles the bullets that are shot regularly, but uses up more ammo.

4.) Movable Backgrounds - Basically work simular to doors, but are backgrounds. Can work with the groupable movables.

5.) Groupable Movables - Yes, this was posted by someone else, but this is here in case you didn't see it before. A tool that can "weld" together movables to make vehicles or buildings that are effected by gravity. Perhaps a wheel tool to go with it to make it move on land?

6.) Dialogue - Makes players and npcs speak whenever something happens, kinda like Proxy. Being fired at, killing someone, shooting at someone etc. Player/npc attitudes or personalities can be changed. EX: Noob, gamer, pro, hillbilly

7.) Flying Vehicle Controls - If the vehicles have two guns on them, the pilot can switch between them by using the scroll wheel or numbers. Flyables with multiple seats so there are passengers or gunners?
Flyable vehicles that perform like helicopters: The altitude can be adjusted by the W and S keys, so the vehicle stays at a certain altitude unless adjusted by the pilot, the pilot gets out of the vehicle, the pilot turns off the vehicle, or the vehicle is destroyed.
Flyable vehicles that act like airplanes: The aircraft goes in the direction the player's cursor is, and takes a bit to change direction depending on the speed.

8.) Props - Fences, broken down vehicles, railroad tracks, furniture, logs, etc. Some are breakable, and the fences can be shot through if they are chain-link. Also, props can be locked into place (so they don't move) or be set so they are unbreakable.

9.) Trains - Only move when put on the railroad track prop. Divided into the engine and cars and can be linked together. Found in the vehicle category. Mounted guns can be attached to some of the cars.

10.) 3-D Vehicles and Props - The name explains everything.

11.) Spotlights - Spot lights can either be adjustable like the turret, or stationary. The brightness can be adjusted via the map editor. And, spotlights on turrets?

12.) Better Gun Effects - The guns kinda sound... eh. Guns should sound like they've got power. And, they should create a flash of light around them with smoke. The color of the light depends on what the type of gun is. Plus, faster bullets?

13.) Weather and Day/Night - Weather can be added to the map by the engine mark, just like snow. Rain, fog, sandy dust (like a dust storm). The weather can also add clouds to the background. Night should be darker, so players can hide easier (if their glowing armor and weapons don't give them away first), plus, it'll add fun to prison escape maps with spotlights.
Last edited by xXWaffleDudeXx on 2 March 2016, 02:58, edited 2 times in total.

xXWaffleDudeXx
Cyber Grub [25]

Re: Update Idea Misc

Postby Ilmarinen » 24 February 2016, 03:29

Some pretty demanding suggestions, haha. Would like to see stuff like right click functions to change up gunplay, and more props are always nice.

3D in PB2 is something that won't happen, but it's cool to imagine it.
~ Ilmarinen ~
Ilmarinen
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby xXWaffleDudeXx » 26 February 2016, 15:11

Perhaps an energy ball that bounces off of surfaces then explodes, for the Assault Rifle c-01r?

xXWaffleDudeXx
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby tehswordninja » 26 February 2016, 15:15

xXWaffleDudeXx wrote:Perhaps an energy ball that bounces off of surfaces then explodes, for the Assault Rifle c-01r?

Nah, give that feature to another gun.
I'd rather see more guns over guns having more features tbh
who needs a PB2.5 release date, anyways?
tehswordninja
Proxy [700]

Postby xXWaffleDudeXx » 27 February 2016, 02:45

Well, I was thinking since the Assault Rifle c-01r has very low damage and is inaccurate during multiplayer, the energy ball would be a great match.

xXWaffleDudeXx
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby Silent Aurora » 28 February 2016, 17:08

Thundrex wrote:
xXWaffleDudeXx wrote:Perhaps an energy ball that bounces off of surfaces then explodes, for the Assault Rifle c-01r?

I see you recently played HL2.

Please avoid going offtopic.
Silent Aurora
Silent Aurora
Heavy Marine [900]

Postby tehswordninja » 29 February 2016, 03:24

xXWaffleDudeXx wrote:Well, I was thinking since the Assault Rifle c-01r has very low damage and is inaccurate during multiplayer, the energy ball would be a great match.

Eh, I think it's a good gun, if you don't spam it, it's got pretty decent accuracy.

If you are set on adding an energy ball to a gun, I'd say the alien rifle due to it being rather useless imo, sure it's got good accuracy and penetration, but the C-01p pretty much does that all in a pistol, and really its rate of fire is just eh compared to other weapons. It would also make the Usurpations a bit more powerful in the campaign (currently they are just cannon fodder)

Personally a three round energy heavy weapon of some sort would be neat to see, it would charge up for a half second or two and then fire off all three (or perhaps depending on how long you charge it would fire more)
who needs a PB2.5 release date, anyways?
tehswordninja
Proxy [700]

Postby xXWaffleDudeXx » 2 March 2016, 02:57

I added more to the list above.

xXWaffleDudeXx
Cyber Grub [25]

Return to Feedback and Insights