Suggested Upgrades to Swords and Armor

Give us your feedback about PB2.5! Or have an idea? Post it here!

Suggested Upgrades to Swords and Armor

Postby LoneWolf56 » 21 February 2016, 23:29

Not sure if this thread is in the right place, so if it is in the wrong place please do move it away.

Sword Upgrades:

I was thinking that the swords should have upgrades like the other weapons. The following would be upgrade paths, meaning they are mutually exclusive so you can't have all of them, only one.

Name: PS-Katana
Effect: Swords slightly longer and do more damage
Cost: 5000
Appearance: Longer and slightly curved

Name: PS-Defender
Effect: Swords would become shields and have a 50% chance of deflecting bullets (but not plazma). Swords would not be able to do damage anymore
Cost: 5000
Appearance: Large forcefield coming from the hands

Name: PS-Turbo
Effect: Swords would make you go even faster
Cost: 6000
Appearance: Small flames out of each hand, like out of a rocket

Name: PS-Gravity
Effect: Picks up and launches enemies. Swords would not do any direct damage, but enemies could still take damage from walls, etc.
Cost: 10000
Appearance: Black orb in each hand

Name: PS-Virus
Effect: Changes enemy into friend for a short time. Swords would not do any damage.
Appearance: Like a large syringe from each hand. :D

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I also thought that the armor should have certain upgrades, rather than there just being light and heavy suits. The following would be upgrade paths, so you can't have all of them, only one. Unlike the swords, I don't know what they would looks like, so suggestions are welcome.

Name: Rubber Suit or Bubble Suit
Effect: Take less damage from walls and such. Greater bounce off of walls as well.
Cost: 4000

Name: Minesweeper
Effect: Leaves behind a mine every several seconds. Mines can be triggered by players or enemies, so be careful
Cost: 7500

Name: Chainmail
Effect: Gives 250 extra HP, without hampering movement. So Light suit with Chainmail would have 750 health, and Heavy suit with Chainmail would have 1000 health. On Impossible, the Chainmail only gives 50 HP.
Cost: 9000

Name: Crown of Thorns
Effect: Enemies take damage simply from you walking past them

Name: Plazmabeam
Effect: Absorbs plazma attacks (7 and 8) and after a certain amount of damage is taken, shoots out a laser beam. The laser beam cannot be controlled or directed.
Cost: 10500
LoneWolf56
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Re: Suggested Upgrades to Swords and Armor

Postby ustopable » 22 February 2016, 09:16

PS gravity and ps virus is rather OP
Minesweeper is very dangerous suit to begin with (imagine that you walk then spawn several mines while under fire you need to retreat but you put too much mines in your path that you can't escape without jumping and supremely not for multiplayer imagine someone put so much mine in one area that when you spawned in the mine you will die in just a second)
Crown of Thorns are well not useful you can't walk pass enemy that are not set to Alpha unless you hold X then jumped towards the enemy
Plazmabeam well i have a big question is Radioactive material a plazma? Well simply i don't know but in future battles most enemy are using plasmabloom
Rubber suit is something that is for me not too useful imagine i got knocked to a wall then simply i get returned to enemy location

Any other ideas is +1 to me except chainmail im neutral with it
ustopable
Phoenix Falkok [450]

Postby tehswordninja » 22 February 2016, 13:41

Topic moved to a more correct section.
who needs a PB2.5 release date, anyways?
tehswordninja
Proxy [700]

Postby shadowstorm122 » 22 February 2016, 15:28

I like the idea of upgrade paths.
But some of these suggestions would not fit into the game.
shadowstorm122
Falkok [250]

Postby Martin The Wolf » 25 February 2016, 12:35

I disagree, because I don't what this to be games out there; the player with the most EXP/Money etc. wins. The game should stay the way it is; the most skilled player wins. For the body upgrades, most of them would be spammed.
Although I'd be +1, but then the sword/body upgrades have to depend on the map maker.
Bring the rage
Martin The Wolf
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Postby xgek » 25 February 2016, 13:39

Ill go Neutral with this..
Sooner or later the Players will Realize which upgrade is Stronger. And you will just see it all the time..
Some people will complain about "Balancing" each Upgrade.
Some will Hate some will Love.
But...
It would be better if you can actually make your own Game mode with these Upgrades such as The Many Vs 1 Maps.
perhaps make this optional to the map maker?
xgek
Cyber Grub [25]

Return to Feedback and Insights