Knives/Punches

Give us your feedback about PB2.5! Or have an idea? Post it here!

Knives/Punches

Postby Anonymus the girl » 11 January 2016, 15:34

I was thinking about a knife that would come in handy in PB 2.5 when equiped with a heavy weapon,Because as Eric said in Twitter,We will be able to change guns with specific times and these things.
If we are equiped with heavy weapons,Instead of swithching to swords or drop them,We should have a knife.
We can use it wil weapons equiped.
For example:
A guy runs into me,and i can't use my Explosive weapon,because it's too close,I let the specific gun in a hand,Then take a knife with other and slice his head.
Or just punch him in the face,to make enough distance between me and him.
What do you think about this idea?

Anonymus the girl
Recruit

Re: Knives/Punches

Postby tehswordninja » 11 January 2016, 16:47

Maybe instead a melee animation for all weapons? Does a little damage and knocks the target back a bit?
who needs a PB2.5 release date, anyways?
tehswordninja
Proxy [700]

Postby NNC » 11 January 2016, 17:17

@topicstarter
So, you basically want a knife instead of swords? Well, if swords are going to be customizable, it probably shouldn't be too hard to make as a sword variant.
~~~~
NNC
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Postby assasinguy » 11 January 2016, 17:28

I think the fact that explosive weapons can't be used at close range is a necessary disadvantage which contributes to fair gameplay, therefore I disagree with this idea.

In maps with PSI swords disabled, I think punches would be cool, they could do a very small amount of damage, 10hp or something. The main reason for being able to disable PSI swords is to remove the player's ability to harm others in a base or school map, to retain this feature the mapmaker should be able to choose whether punches are enabled or not when PSI swords are disabled, using an engine mark.
assasinguy
assasinguy
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Postby guest-electric fish » 11 January 2016, 18:33

I think that this idea is not good.it isn't a stealth game.
Spoiler: Show More
now the show is over ladies and gentlemen !!!! thanks for being here tonight and i really appriciette your presence so once again thank you very much and have an good night
guest-electric fish
Falkok [250]

Postby Anonymus the girl » 11 January 2016, 19:48

guest-electric fish wrote:I think that this idea is not good.it isn't a stealth game.

I hope my idea would be added in PB 2.5...I would punch you all day long...
And its an idea that can help many players in Pb2.5
Because you can just randomly punch one in the face....And make some distance between him and you...That can help insead of throwing or switching guns.

Anonymus the girl
Recruit

Postby shadowstorm122 » 11 January 2016, 19:54

Instead of a combat knife why not use PSI blades so, the player lowers weapon by pressing a button(M) and they xan then use one of their blades (like normal blades but weaker cuz they holding a gun)
shadowstorm122
Falkok [250]

Postby Wardemption » 12 January 2016, 03:04

Lol, we don't need knife tbh. Just when the enemies come close then the hero will fast open the PSI blades and swipe it to do a little damage.
Freedom's from, not to.
Wardemption
Falkok [250]

Postby LazyRain » 15 January 2016, 06:52

It's good idea. You push away the opponent, force down to him a sight a little. If the knife is put on the weapon, you also cause a small damage. Last will be cool for finishing creeping enemies maybe.

About knives. You mean something like that?
It's pistol, but anyway.
Made by
KLMJETWORK.
LazyRain
Civil Security Heavy [300]

Postby Anonymus the girl » 15 January 2016, 12:14

LazyRain wrote:It's good idea. You push away the opponent, force down to him a sight a little. If the knife is put on the weapon, you also cause a small damage. Last will be cool for finishing creeping enemies maybe.

About knives. You mean something like that?
It's pistol, but anyway.
Made by
KLMJETWORK.

No,I mean something like,You let for example,the Rifle in one hand,And with the other,you grab a knife that stays into a holster at your leg,And slice him.

Anonymus the girl
Recruit

Postby LazyRain » 15 January 2016, 14:41

Usually I find for knives other application.

But seriously, we already have swords. Maybe use them as you say instead knife without switching to them? I mean like, you have rifle in one hand, press button and slice an enemy with sword on other hand. If you hold dual weapons or swords are OFF, pressing that button you just punch an enemy.
LazyRain
Civil Security Heavy [300]

Postby assasinguy » 15 January 2016, 21:51

If you give heavy weapons these quick melee ability they'll become too overpowered, especially rockets and BNGs which are supposed to be weak up close to compensate for how powerful they are at range.

Once again we don't need this feature anyway because you can easily switch to swords at close range.
assasinguy
assasinguy
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Return to Feedback and Insights