Little and Big Ideas for PB2.5

Give us your feedback about PB2.5! Or have an idea? Post it here!

Little and Big Ideas for PB2.5

Postby Thundrex » 21 November 2015, 04:13

I'll just lay them out simple, in no order from big to little or anything:

- Gravity Controller; it would work with pushers. If a pusher has up + (Checkmark (Install gravity affects)), then it would make it so the player's stability goes upside down, it would work the same with all other vertices.

- Bullet to Weapon Ricochet; in PB: FttP, when you would shoot at an enemy and your bullet would hit their firearm, it would decrease the damage, and even destroy the bullet entity, along with making a sound and making some sparks. This is a small effect (as far as I know) and is really cool.

- Dragging Bodies; as well in PB: FttP, you could drag bodies by tapping E and slowly moving them. This is something I would like to see in PB2.5.

- Bullet Holes in Walls; the title of this idea explains itself. When you shoot a wall, it would make a little black dot, and would disappear after a short while.

- Adding in PB: FttP Characters and Weapons; have you ever wished you had that old rocket launcher, the elite grub, or human soldier?

- Other Particles; http://prntscr.com/954qez

- In the Level Editor, you should be able to affect multiple items with one trigger affect. I tried to do this in a map I was making: Make all of the pushers named "#push*4" be disabled. This did not work, and I thought it would be a cool idea to add here.

- Y Axis: http://prntscr.com/968xbt
(I may add more later, you guys add on if you wish)

- Environment Death Exception Mode; an engine mark would decide whether deaths from things such as falling, being crushed, and even shooting yourself with a railgun would effect KDr or not. Would be useful in approved matches in PB2.5.
Last edited by Thundrex on 25 November 2015, 05:06, edited 4 times in total.
Like Minecraft?

Well join Apocalypse.red! It's a fantastic, small server. It's quite inactive but that's why we need you!
Thundrex
Civil Security Lite [100]

Re: Little and Big Ideas for PB2.5

Postby TradeMark » 21 November 2015, 04:15

I like the idea of ricochet, good job euro.

TradeMark

Postby yi en » 21 November 2015, 07:00

about particles,I wish he can do just like minecraft version. In minecraft we've got tons of particles.
if particles only allowed in PB 2,pls set it up in map editor.

dragging bodies: I would like to see a trigger action in region:
active trigger when the spectific bodies is on the region
yi en
Civil Security Boss [500]

Postby KARL SERG » 21 November 2015, 12:33

F should be assigned for dragging Bodies IMO. V should be used to throw Weapons as well as pick them up if your Character is near enough to that Weapon (so C can be spared for Abilities along with B).
KARL SERG
Civil Security Ghost [400]

Postby artichokecat » 21 November 2015, 15:31

In Sp there's something called the Kinetic Module that's used with C
You can drag bodies around with that
artichokecat
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby KARL SERG » 21 November 2015, 17:09

artichokecat wrote:In Sp there's something called the Kinetic Module that's used with C
You can drag bodies around with that

I know, but there might be a Tier of Abilities in Pb2,5 that could be assigned to Z,C and maybe even B.
KARL SERG

Postby Sniper J » 22 November 2015, 17:45

I like all of those ideas except for the Dragging Bodies. It just seems necessary.

Sniper J
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Postby KARL SERG » 22 November 2015, 18:29

Sniper J wrote:I like all of those ideas except for the Dragging Bodies. It just seems necessary.

One could drag Bodies to safety in Cooperation and TDM Modes or drag Enemies off a Ledge to kill them with Gravity.
KARL SERG

Postby Andropov » 24 November 2015, 23:20

I am not on my PC so I can't edit the OP.

- Total Darkness; When there are no lamps or sunlight, a room can be 100% dark, or very close to it.
-- Flashlight; In dark areas, you could use a mobile flashlight to light your way. An engine mark could decide the life of the flashlight. -1 would render the flashlight infinite life.

Andropov

Postby kololek » 24 November 2015, 23:26

Hmmmm i a Underwater Breath system would be good.

kololek

Postby Teh Sandwich » 27 November 2015, 05:26

Trigger function for teleporting vehicles and weapons, and spawning in new weapons and vehicles.

Teh Sandwich
Recruit

Postby maxim12 » 28 November 2015, 22:19

Thundrex wrote:- Bullet to Weapon Ricochet; in PB: FttP, when you would shoot at an enemy and your bullet would hit their firearm, it would decrease the damage, and even destroy the bullet entity, along with making a sound and making some sparks. This is a small effect (as far as I know) and is really cool.

But then players will exploit their weapons as shield which is absolutly unnatural.

In real-life soldiers cant really do that very effectively like how players will exploit it in the game.
Thunder and Blood

maxim12
Phoenix Falkok [450]

Postby Arc_ » 22 December 2015, 22:10

This is somewhat already in PB2 as you take more damage if you're holding swords and not a weapon.

Arc_
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby Silent Aurora » 22 December 2015, 22:42

Avoid necro-posting, next time check the date from the last post. If its been more than 14 days then don't post otherwise you're necro posting. You can simply request a mod to bump the topic up.

Topic locked.
Silent Aurora
Silent Aurora
Heavy Marine [900]

Return to Feedback and Insights