How Eric can get new players interested in PB2.5

Give us your feedback about PB2.5! Or have an idea? Post it here!

How Eric can get new players interested in PB2.5

Postby wires memelord » 1 January 2022, 11:01

If Eric posted small videos to his Youtube every time he finished something major like the skin editor, where he shows off the features like making a custom skin, the algorithm would start recommending these videos to new people, especially if Eric used tags like game development or shooter. The animation demo is an example of this 16k views!

There's a channel called Sky9 games that's doing a thing similar to this making a game that's very much like PB3.
And Eric already has over 1k subs so he can apply for monetization and start making money off these videos.
Also the new viewers would find PB3 really cool and donate to the patreon, and also tell their friends.

I would recommend making a video like the testing out the gameplay features one but maybe in better quality?

Anyway these are just my thoughts, do what you want Eric! :D

EDIT: Unprivating the gameplay features might be a better idea. Should be easy enough.
Last edited by wires memelord on 19 January 2022, 02:06, edited 1 time in total.
STAPH

wires memelord
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Re: How Eric can get new players interested in PB2.5

Postby eru_ » 1 January 2022, 11:40

That's a cool idea...
eru_
Civil Security Heavy [300]

Postby yi en » 2 January 2022, 11:42

Good idea, if only eric has time to record everything and upload onto his channel.

But eventually I don't see that eric has even some spare time to do that, so it's a good idea but not suitable for eric himself as he is one-man studio.

I would prefer porting PB2 into steam so more and more players know that PB2 exist :3
yi en
Civil Security Boss [500]

Postby Mean Me » 2 January 2022, 15:11

Eric puts his time and effort into everything, making sure they don't spoil the things he's proud of developing. I find that him going on a spree uploading videos diminishes just that and so he'll avoid it. The way he's been responding to people asking for a release date indicates that when the open beta eventually does release, he might just do what you're asking. But if you're subscribed to his patreon, who knows.
Spoiler: Show More
I have nothing to say. Goodbye.
Mean Me
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby wires memelord » 2 January 2022, 23:25

Mean Me wrote:Eric puts his time and effort into everything, making sure they don't spoil the things he's proud of developing. I find that him going on a spree uploading videos diminishes just that and so he'll avoid it. The way he's been responding to people asking for a release date indicates that when the open beta eventually does release, he might just do what you're asking. But if you're subscribed to his patreon, who knows.

I understand, I'm just getting kinda worried that supporters are going down not up. I dunno maybe he could make the gameplay features video public? It should be enough to get people interested and check out his twitter and maybe his patreon?

Again, these are just my thoughts.
STAPH

wires memelord
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby broforce1 » 12 January 2022, 12:19

I guess he made Patreon for people who are really diehard to see more details, maybe he does not like to upload more things to the public because it's kinda too early, eric is usually busy in IRL and he does not seem to have so many available plans yet so we don't know, but I'm sure things will get more different when the PB3 campaign is made.
[[hmmmmhmAYYUHhhhwassauupp] [/broo] [/ur a [gayr]
broforce1
Proxy [700]

Postby wires memelord » 13 January 2022, 23:39

broforce1 wrote:I guess he made Patreon for people who are really diehard to see more details, maybe he does not like to upload more things to the public because it's kinda too early, eric is usually busy in IRL and he does not seem to have so many available plans yet so we don't know, but I'm sure things will get more different when the PB3 campaign is made.

You seem to be correct, although I do believe that a 30 second video could bring in more fans, what Eric is doing is probably for the best.
STAPH

wires memelord
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Return to Feedback and Insights