PlazmaBurst 2.5

Give us your feedback about PB2.5! Or have an idea? Post it here!

Re: PlazmaBurst 2.5

Postby nightmar » 5 August 2020, 04:09

Phant0mB0nnie wrote:I actually like the reloading mechanic as well. Hopefully Eric Gurt does some homework on how firearms work, because there's more to it than just removing the old magazine or clip and putting in a new one. Would be interesting to see how futuristic and alien weapons would work.

I believe it's best to not lose bullets when we reload the weapon (I assume this is what you mean by "homework"). Imo he can just make the reload system work like in CoD.
How many bugs does this game have anyway? jeez
nightmar
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Postby Phant0mB0nnie » 5 August 2020, 15:12

Also, reloading with a completely empty mag is different from reloading with a mag that is partially full. For starters, you don't yeet the somewhat full magazine; you keep it. This is called a tactical reload. Also, you don't need to chamber the round as there should already be a bullet in the chamber. Meanwhile, you can throw away completely empty mags if you want, but when putting a new one in, you must first put it in (obviously) and then also pull the lever back to get a round in the chamber.
I think the new CoD game does a good job of showing how things are done.

Here's some examples (correct me if I'm wrong):

Tactical reload (magazine is kept, lever not pulled back):
Spoiler: Show More

Reloading with an empty mag (lever pulled back):
Me in my imagination:
Complete and utter annihilation through superior volume of fire.

Me IRL:
Phant0mB0nnie

Postby nightmar » 5 August 2020, 22:24

Phant0mB0nnie wrote:Also, reloading with a completely empty mag is different from reloading with a mag that is partially full. For starters, you don't yeet the somewhat full magazine; you keep it. This is called a tactical reload. Also, you don't need to chamber the round as there should already be a bullet in the chamber. Meanwhile, you can throw away completely empty mags if you want, but when putting a new one in, you must first put it in (obviously) and then also pull the lever back to get a round in the chamber.

What I am trying to say is that if he sticks too close to reality (at the point where you lost bullets if you reload a mag that is not fully empty) the game won't be as fun. It is good to stick with the real stuff, but to a certain degree.
nightmar

Postby broforce1 » 31 August 2020, 11:14

i like that the game has a lot of cool features, also hope it will be a fine game, unlike PB2, PB2 keeps lagging on MP in a lot of the times which is annoying tho, hope PB2.5/3 will be better.
[[hmmmmhmAYYUHhhhwassauupp] [/broo] [/ur a [gayr]
broforce1
Proxy [700]

Postby strato026 » 12 December 2020, 23:37

broforce1 wrote:PB2 keeps lagging on MP in a lot of the times which is annoying tho, hope PB2.5/3 will be better.

Flash can only support TCP, which is limited because it's not good for real time communication(higher latency). But the new one can support UDP protocol which is good for real time communication like movement etc.
strato026
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby prometheansoldier » 7 January 2021, 10:30

Luckily for me, I managed to download myself the Plazma Burst launcher and the other file itself, unless needed.

And here I am, still waiting for some newer updates to be made by Eric Gurt himself.
You know me. When I make a promise You keep it. I do know how to pick 'em.
prometheansoldier
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby ziomke » 24 February 2021, 11:50

nightmar wrote:
Phant0mB0nnie wrote:Also, reloading with a completely empty mag is different from reloading with a mag that is partially full. For starters, you don't yeet the somewhat full magazine; you keep it. This is called a tactical reload. Also, you don't need to chamber the round as there should already be a bullet in the chamber. Meanwhile, you can throw away completely empty mags if you want, but when putting a new one in, you must first put it in (obviously) and then also pull the lever back to get a round in the chamber.

What I am trying to say is that if he sticks too close to reality (at the point where you lost bullets if you reload a mag that is not fully empty) the game won't be as fun. It is good to stick with the real stuff, but to a certain degree.

I don't think the game would be that much realistic. It's just a minor detail in reloading.

http://plazmaburst2.com/images/professor.png
ziomke

Postby nightmar » 25 February 2021, 13:52

ziomke wrote:
nightmar wrote:

I don't think the game would be that much realistic. It's just a minor detail in reloading.

True, however most players are used to the known ammo system and there's not really a reason to change that for the sake of making it slightly more realistic.
nightmar

Postby ziomke » 28 February 2021, 20:48

Also, reloading with a completely empty mag is different from reloading with a mag that is partially full. For starters, you don't yeet the somewhat full magazine; you keep it. This is called a tactical reload. Also, you don't need to chamber the round as there should already be a bullet in the chamber. Meanwhile, you can throw away completely empty mags if you want, but when putting a new one in, you must first put it in (obviously) and then also pull the lever back to get a round in the chamber.

If this is going to be added, then I think that if you have a 30 round mag for example and you do a tactical reload you should have 30+1 rounds.

http://plazmaburst2.com/images/professor.png
ziomke

Postby Coolsugar » 20 September 2021, 13:29

Ilmarinen wrote:I'd just like that fact that it's a big change in pace. New game, fresh start, fresh community. Different set of bugs and glitches to discover, almost certainly less lag, and new weapons.

Should be a breath of fresh air to play the game.

If only you knew...5 years later...and here we are..

Coolsugar
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby wires memelord » 22 December 2021, 01:57

If anyone is curious as to the sudden slowdown of updates regarding PB2.5 it's because Eric's real job is taking up his time, however we can expect an update/roadmap when he's finished with the level editor, maybe sooner?

If anyone wants to know where I got this info my sources can be found here. https://www.plazmaburst2.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=148&t=25711
STAPH

wires memelord
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby wires memelord » 24 January 2022, 04:37

https://twitter.com/Eric_Gurt/status/82 ... 6r6_4WAAAA

Oooo... Lookie lookie...
This seems to explain a lot.
STAPH

wires memelord
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby mokaal » 25 January 2022, 06:48

Very unpopular and criticized opinion: Sometimes PB2.5 would be connected to Raze.... Or SFH
.... or even Halo?!?!

OH GOD HELP ME FROM THOSE PEOPLE WHO HAVE SUCH OPINIONS AAAAAAAAAA

( This is sarcasm btw )
Plazma Burst 2 had its moments,

let it rest peacefully among the legendary flash games.
mokaal
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Postby wires memelord » 25 January 2022, 07:32

mokaal wrote:Very unpopular and criticized opinion: Sometimes PB2.5 would be connected to Raze.... Or SFH
.... or even Halo?!?!

OH GOD HELP ME FROM THOSE PEOPLE WHO HAVE SUCH OPINIONS AAAAAAAAAA

( This is sarcasm btw )

How would Eric contact all those companies? He doesn't have enough internet social credit. Even though he's an awesome dev :(
STAPH

wires memelord
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby wires memelord » 25 January 2022, 07:35

Also wait a gad-daymn minute, Tempus has access to PB2.5?
Why didn't Eric post this tweet instead?

https://twitter.com/PlazmaBurstTeam/sta ... WXjNIhAAAA

Yeah he could've given Tempus the video via email but still...
???
STAPH

wires memelord
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby wires memelord » 14 February 2022, 01:04

Good news, Eric is working on multiplayer for the level editor (I got this from the preview that you can see on patreon without having to pay) so that means its nearing completion, and we'll get a roadmap sooner or later.
STAPH

wires memelord
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Nozzle » 13 May 2022, 18:56

wires memelord wrote:Good news, Eric is working on multiplayer for the level editor (I got this from the preview that you can see on patreon without having to pay) so that means its nearing completion, and we'll get a roadmap sooner or later.

W-W-WHAT :O
We do a little waiting for pb2.5/3.

Nozzle

Previous

Return to Feedback and Insights