Map rotation & Map approval

Give us your feedback about the website! Or have an idea? Post it here!

Map rotation & Map approval

Postby Tempus » 28 April 2020, 17:32

We would love feedback and your ideas to better this system!
Tempus
Advisor

Re: Map rotation & Map approval

Postby CakeSpider » 28 April 2020, 17:36

maybe you just delete this system?
CakeCakeCakeCakeCakeCakeCakeCakeCakeCakeCakeCakeCakeCakeCakeCakeCakeCakeCake
CakeSpider
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby Tempus » 28 April 2020, 17:39

CakeSpider wrote:maybe you just delete this system?

Why do you feel that way?
Tempus
Advisor

Postby lordblueblet » 28 April 2020, 17:40

Remove stryde-sniper from active rotation kthnx:))
lordblueblet
Recruit

Postby Assassian4 » 28 April 2020, 17:43

i'd like to see less strict rules on getting a map approved

Assassian4
Recruit

Postby Hristo10 » 28 April 2020, 18:02

Add More Skins and More background and More stuff

Hristo10

Postby Star Fox McCloud » 28 April 2020, 18:02

wish these things to happen by categories. Rockets, Snipers/ number 4 weps, realwar, arena..

or if not simply go for high aesthetic maps with good gameplay like kubas maps? District 13 by krow was pretty good, reject-battle, spike nitros smb. fun gameplay itself

Star Fox McCloud
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby Zufix » 28 April 2020, 19:13

It is very hard to ask such a question without sounding like a cuck but was my idea that was posted in the #community-polls channel on the Plazma Burst 2 Discord server used as a reference for this new system that has been implemented? If so, then I am incredibly happy to help out in making a system that has alot of potential, as popular approved maps should not be the only maps played in the servers. :D
Zufix
Recruit

Postby Tempus » 28 April 2020, 21:03

Zufix wrote:It is very hard to ask such a question without sounding like a cuck but was my idea that was posted in the #community-polls channel on the Plazma Burst 2 Discord server used as a reference for this new system that has been implemented? If so, then I am incredibly happy to help out in making a system that has alot of potential, as popular approved maps should not be the only maps played in the servers. :D

Can you send a screenshot?

I actually did not see your poll post when I was talking to Eric about it.
Tempus
Advisor

Postby Zufix » 28 April 2020, 21:40

Tempus wrote:
Zufix wrote:It is very hard to ask such a question without sounding like a cuck but was my idea that was posted in the #community-polls channel on the Plazma Burst 2 Discord server used as a reference for this new system that has been implemented? If so, then I am incredibly happy to help out in making a system that has alot of potential, as popular approved maps should not be the only maps played in the servers. :D

Can you send a screenshot?

I actually did not see your poll post when I was talking to Eric about it.

http://prntscr.com/s7luur
Of course! As I said I don't know if the poll I've made was actually used as a reference, but the update happened not too long after I've made it so that's why I am wondering.
Zufix
Recruit

Postby mrblake213 » 29 April 2020, 07:53

Zufix wrote:Of course! As I said I don't know if the poll I've made was actually used as a reference, but the update happened not too long after I've made it so that's why I am wondering.

Yes, your poll was actually one of the references for this idea. The #community-polls channel in Discord was a way to get input from the community on their opinions and ideas to the game. This is one of the reasons that the channel is working as intended.

Back to the post, I think it's better if the rotations have some sort of a theme and it gets changed every 2 weeks or every month to get other maps to the list as well.
[center] [/center]
mrblake213
Proxy [700]

Postby Zufix » 29 April 2020, 09:30

mrblake213 wrote:
Zufix wrote:Of course! As I said I don't know if the poll I've made was actually used as a reference, but the update happened not too long after I've made it so that's why I am wondering.

Yes, your poll was actually one of the references for this idea. The #community-polls channel in Discord was a way to get input from the community on their opinions and ideas to the game. This is one of the reasons that the channel is working as intended.

Back to the post, I think it's better if the rotations have some sort of a theme and it gets changed every 2 weeks or every month to get other maps to the list as well.

That's great! There are so many talented minds in the community, and I'm happy that an idea of mine was of help in making the game better.

As for the post, there isn't much to improve upon but I do agree that themes should be a thing. Such as Railwars maps or Sniper maps could be a theme and only maps with those kind of weapons could be on for rotation for a period of time. A cool idea would be to choose what kind of maps you want to see but I do not think this would work too well on PB2. Still, lots of potential with this system and I'm excited to see what ideas people will come up with.
Zufix
Recruit

Postby wolf653 » 29 April 2020, 11:03

i have no feedback for the system but rather a suggestion for maps that couldn't quite make it to be approved but were actually decent with originality and creativity you know basically featured custom maps but its 10 maps in rotation basically to reduce the flood of bases and RP, like seriously why a 2D GAME
you know i began to realize why youtubers beg for likes and shit its cause people forget to rate otherwise like come on how many people can have under 100 kills!
wolf653
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby Zufix » 29 April 2020, 20:41

wolf653 wrote:i have no feedback for the system but rather a suggestion for maps that couldn't quite make it to be approved but were actually decent with originality and creativity you know basically featured custom maps but its 10 maps in rotation basically to reduce the flood of bases and RP, like seriously why a 2D GAME

While that may be a good idea, the reason why there are so many RP and base servers being hosted is because people enjoy these maps the most, which is sad but true. This could be a good idea though, I just dont see how this could be implemented.
Zufix
Recruit

Postby wolf653 » 29 April 2020, 21:32

Zufix wrote:
wolf653 wrote:i have no feedback for the system but rather a suggestion for maps that couldn't quite make it to be approved but were actually decent with originality and creativity you know basically featured custom maps but its 10 maps in rotation basically to reduce the flood of bases and RP, like seriously why a 2D GAME

While that may be a good idea, the reason why there are so many RP and base servers being hosted is because people enjoy these maps the most, which is sad but true. This could be a good idea though, I just dont see how this could be implemented.

in all honesty some people prefer PVP with more than 150 HP and what not there is basically a highlight map that is changed everyday perhaps it could be used if there was a MP map highlights
you know i began to realize why youtubers beg for likes and shit its cause people forget to rate otherwise like come on how many people can have under 100 kills!
wolf653
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby Pixelbyte » 30 April 2020, 19:51

i like the idea in theory, but in practice, i have a bit of an issue with the multiplier. it's just inflating the numbers (i already got 2 accounts at 5sp and 1 at 6sp) and rewarding you more for scummy tactics such as leaving before you were killed or only going after people who affect your skill points and ignoring others. The stakes are higher, so the incentive to "play dirty" is also higher

that's just my take on it though

Pixelbyte
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Girl_Power » 1 May 2020, 23:29

I don't play on approved maps too often but I think this feature was a good idea. Considering that the only approved map actually being played often is stryde-sniper, this feature revives a lot of approved maps again.
Forever young, ever strong, ever brave.
Girl_Power
Noir Lime [600]

Postby MangleFold » 10 May 2020, 08:09

If im correct the rotation map gives 2x exp?

well thats not a thing yet so dont ask why are they still playing stryde sniper.
MangleFold
Recruit

Return to Website / PB2 Game