Another generic title

This is a place to show the community any other artwork!

Another generic title

Postby Hikarikaze » 20 November 2016, 08:24

I should seriously title these topics for once

Spoiler: Show More

http://i.imgur.com/xy3AQYQ.png

http://i.imgur.com/HMOJdma.png

Internet cookie for those that can find the hidden pistol grip and another for those that can correctly guess how it works

11/21

http://i.imgur.com/9Dwhn8m.png
Last edited by Hikarikaze on 22 November 2016, 00:32, edited 1 time in total.
Hikarikaze
Noir Lime [600]

Re: Another generic title

Postby tehswordninja » 20 November 2016, 17:34

I understand they're probably supposed to look like they do, but they just look somewhat unfinished and a bit overcomplicated. For the first one, it looks like the barrel could just snap off, and for the second one, what's even going on there?

They do have interesting and unique designs, for sure. Just they look rather impractical.
tehswordninja
Proxy [700]

Postby Hikarikaze » 20 November 2016, 19:19

tehswordninja wrote:I understand they're probably supposed to look like they do, but they just look somewhat unfinished and a bit overcomplicated.

How so? Explain in depth for me

tehswordninja wrote:For the first one, it looks like the barrel could just snap off

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free-floating_barrel

It's a chrome barrel. It improves corrosion resistance, dissipates heat in regards to the lack of handguard, and increases lifetime in response to the barrel being exposed (which, if it was stainless steel, would have a few problems) and is significantly lighter than a typical stainless steel barrel, at least if I remember this specific part correctly. The fact it's free floating allows the heat to be dissipated easily since there's no handguard which would hold heat in an enclosed area around the barrel. That heat can travel freely with little to no interference

There's also a mount attached to the receiver that holds the barrel in place. Just because it's exposed doesn't mean it'll snap right off. That only happens when there's a weak mounting point and a lack of proper connection between the barrel and that point

tehswordninja wrote:the second one, what's even going on there?

It's fairly obvious. You need to elaborate the things you say better

tehswordninja wrote:Just they look rather impractical.

The only one that's "impractical" is the second one if we're going to go by the standards of current technology available. Everything I make is realistic to a certain degree; these 2 aren't any exceptions. Pseudoscience already explains the function behind the second one and the first one isn't rocket science at all
Hikarikaze
Noir Lime [600]

Postby Incompetence » 21 November 2016, 01:53

no mag for the first one? i'm disappointed

i already gave my opinion on the second one but nice aek-971 anyways
Incompetence
Civil Security Heavy [300]

Postby Hikarikaze » 22 November 2016, 00:31

Incompetence wrote:no mag for the first one? i'm disappointed

i already gave my opinion on the second one but nice aek-971 anyways

Shapes clipped through magazines and it looked better without one anyways

I made something new as well

http://i.imgur.com/9Dwhn8m.png
Hikarikaze
Noir Lime [600]

Postby Aervec » 22 November 2016, 10:43

this is very nice gun i think is nice but pleace give me credit if you INTEND to use my work as a tamplate for your guns!1!

Aervec
Recruit

Postby darkstar 1 » 22 November 2016, 17:47

Well, I don't like the first one that much.
The second one looks cool, but a bit unstable (but it probably depends on the materials you use to make it). I also like the system behind it.
The last one looks the best imo :)
darkstar 1
Proxy [700]

Postby Terror Only » 22 November 2016, 19:38

minimize the images in spoilers. this is how they look now: http://prntscr.com/dai4ln
Terror Only
Falkok [250]

Postby Hikarikaze » 22 November 2016, 20:35

Terror Only wrote:minimize the images in spoilers. this is how they look now: http://prntscr.com/dai4ln

There's a reason I included the link to the images. I'm not minimizing them when you can open them in a new tab

darkstar 1 wrote:Well, I don't like the first one that much.
The second one looks cool, but a bit unstable (but it probably depends on the materials you use to make it). I also like the system behind it.

Why don't you like the first one? I can think of a few reasons why someone might not like it but I'm curious to know your reason

I agree with the third one being the best looking - it's a personal favorite build to me. The third one took a lot of time (if we're counting procrastination) to make and get correctly so it of course would look better. In PMG and just art as a whole, more time spent = better quality
Hikarikaze
Noir Lime [600]

Postby darkstar 1 » 23 November 2016, 17:24

Hikarikaze wrote:
darkstar 1 wrote:Well, I don't like the first one that much.

Why don't you like the first one? I can think of a few reasons why someone might not like it but I'm curious to know your reason

It just looks kinda 'unfinished' at the front imo, I know it is the finished version, and that it has it's use, but it doesn't match the back of the gun in my view. The back looks solid while the front is a bit empty/has empty places. But that is probably just my opinion :)
darkstar 1
Proxy [700]

Postby Hikarikaze » 23 November 2016, 19:40

darkstar 1 wrote:It just looks kinda 'unfinished' at the front imo, I know it is the finished version, and that it has it's use, but it doesn't match the back of the gun in my view. The back looks solid while the front is a bit empty/has empty places. But that is probably just my opinion :)

That makes sense, it was a technique test that ended up becoming an actual build anyways
Hikarikaze
Noir Lime [600]

Return to Other Art