Ripples of Time

This is a place to show the community any other artwork!

Ripples of Time

Postby Garuda 1 » 30 August 2016, 04:28

Ripples of Time
~ Guineazilla (Garuda 1)

Disclaimer:
Spoiler: Show More
The following story is a Plazma Burst 3 fan made novella. I do not own nor did I create the idea for the Plazma Burst series. The concept of the Civil Security, the Marine, Correction 9, Noir Lime, Proxy, the Usurpation Small, Soldier, and Advanced units, the Alien Rifle, the Alien Pistol, the Alien Shotgun, the Defibrillator, the C-01P, the C-01R, the C-01S, the Lite/Heavy Railguns, the Rocket Launcher, the BNG, the Bloom, the Rayrifle/Virus Gun, the Minigun, the CS-DAZ, the CS rifle, and the CS pistol as well as any other objects or ideas owned by Eric that are mentioned in this book either directly or indirectly. The concepts of several units and weapons are my own, however, and the storyline is my own, but based off of lore and storylines from previous games. Enjoy.

'Forward to the past!' were the last words I heard shouted from my partner, Noir Lime, as we dove headfirst into a time machine leading only Gurt knows where. I felt the sensation of being dragged out, as if I was being pulled to pieces, and strung into Marine spaghetti. Then, all of a sudden, it was over.

I was thrown out of the portal and into a wall head first, with a sickening crunch. I lay there for a while and listened to the sound of the time machine humming behind me. I then slowly got up and looked around. I couldn't see anything so I gently tapped my helmet.

'Battlesuit AI' I said, to no response.

I repeated it, but still nothing. Remembering that I was on Earth, I removed my helmet and held my breath. Saying as I hadn't exploded, I figured it was safe and took in a tiny amount of air. The fresh oxygen was a relief like one I hadn't had in days. I breathed in deeper, just standing there for a while. Then I checked myself for any broken bones and my possessions. I had none, save my armour, swords, and my trusty defibrillator. With that out of the way, I searched around for Proxy and Noir. My eyes had adjusted to the low light levels given off by the time machine behind me as I carefully searched the room, but found nothing. 'Prox'. I whispered. 'Noir'. Then, louder, I repeated. No answers, no bodies. I was alone. 'Great.' I said. I sat down with a sigh and examined my helmet. It was definitely cracked in the side. My brains would be splattered across the walls if it wasn't for it. The helmet contained translators, vision enhancement, battle analysis, and a lot of other things that were necessary. I had no idea where I was and no backup was arriving. Thankfully the helmet had backup systems. They didn't turn on automatically like they should have though. This was odd, but probably had to do with the extensive damage it had taken from the accursed wall. After a bit of fiddling I managed to turned the systems back on. I placed the tech back on my head. Since Noir and Proxy still weren't here yet, I decided to move on. I searched the edges of the room once more for a door or some sort of exit. It took me a while but I managed to find a panel. It wasn't written in the standard English we use today. In fact, the script was strange, alien. I glanced back at the time machine.

'Why....?'

Right at that moment, the door opened. I was nearly blinded as my broken helmet struggled to quickly filter out the light. I could not mistake the surprised warble of a Usurpation grunt for anything else though. It was pure instinct which saved me as I thrust my Psi blade into an enemy that could barely be made out. My eyes finally adjusted to see the two other Usurpation Smalls standing right outside the room. A third one had turned around and was starting to run. As the other two brought up their weapons to engage me, I jabbed one in the side of the head and then spun around, flinging blue blood onto the yellow walls. The other one had raised its weapon and had it's finger on the trigger. I grabbed his arm and broke it, and then sliced off its other arm at the elbow and kicked it backwards. Quickly grabbing the weapon out of the arm in my hands, I turned and shot the running Usurper in the back of the head twice. Finally I walked over to the dying alien and shoved my blade through its head.

'Battlesuit AI, what year are we in?' It began processing, straining from the damage.

'.... Year unknown.' Brilliant.

'Where are we?'

'Processing.... Setting, unknown.'

I walked up to one of the yellow brick walls. I had seen it many times before.

'What is this material?' I asked the armour.

'Material unknown. Commonly used in Usurpation structures.'

'How can that be...?'

The Usurpers shouldn't be in play yet. This is supposed to be the past. Unless the invasion had begun earlier than anyone had thought....

None of that mattered now, however. I had to get moving and see if I could figure out what happened here and a way out. I started walking to the left, my measly alien pistol at the ready. It was brighter in the hallway. Lights lined the ceiling, which looked to be made of brown concrete, almost like an old human building. The walls were lined with doors like a schoolhouse - those ancient things that they used to teach kids in. I finally came to an intersecting hallway and took a left turn. I had no idea where I was going but I decided to just let my instincts guide me. I tried to read some of the signs on the doors as I passed. They looked vaguely familiar but they were still illegible to me. Eventually, I gave up and focused on the path ahead.

I peeked around a corner to see a group of three Usurpations heading down the hall towards me. With no way to sneak past them, I ran over as quietly as possible and attempted to unlock the door closest to me. Instead, however, USE key just gave screeching denial. I could hear the footsteps of the three aliens as they came around the corner. One of the group stayed back and was talking in the strange language while the other two fired. I shot back, hit one Usurper in the legs and then in the face. Two pistol shots hit my chest, causing me to go down. I kept myself out of the way of the rails by rolling to the side and continuing to lay down while I fired. One of my shots hit The Usurper that was towards the back of the group, knocking is arms off. The other started backing away when he realized his friends were screwed. I shot a few more times and managed a perfect headshot, blowing alien brains onto the ceiling and walls. Then, I took off and took a right, switching on my swords and cutting off the head of the dying Usurpation along the way. I kept running but the alarms were sounding and I didn't know where to go. I unfortunately missed a shimmer of light directly in front of me and ran into an invisible wall.

In agony from my earlier head impact, I slumped to the floor, and laid there for a little while. However, I forced myself to get up after hearing something. I searched to the left and right but both doors were closed off. I could see the use panel for all three areas. With barely any hesitation I punched holes into all three. Both doors unlocked and the wall went down. Could hardly believe that worked. One of the doors opened and closed before shorting out. I noted that and then ran through the other one. Though, honestly, I got the feeling I was moving deeper into the facility. I took the next left while looking to get out. In front of me was a door, to my extreme joy.

'At last!' I thought.

However, one obstacle remained: six Usurpter soldiers. Guards, most definitely, with Alien rifles. I needed both the guns and to leave this building. So to me there was no point in not going for it. I activated the Time Module in my suit and ran full tilt for the exit. The aliens were slowly raising their weapons as I aimed my pistol at them, shooting the first one four times and breaking it in half. They started firing. Since I was still using the altered time, I managed to deflect a large majority of the bullets back towards the Usurpers after switching to my Psi blades. This alone killed two of the remaining five soldiers. At this point I had reached the other aliens. I threw myself over the barrier and grabbed one of their rifles as my energy ran out. Then I fired without pause, blowing the legs off of all three remaining enemies. Now that the Usurpations lay dying and limbless, I killed them all and threw open the doors. And with my new rifle in hand, my pistol on my hip, and my swords sheathed, I moved outside of the building.

From here to a tower several meters away stretched a large bridge, enclosed in glass. Directly outside were two Soldiers with guns trained on me. I immediately sprung into action, managing to flip over both of them, jumping so high that my back grazed the ceiling. I landed directly behind them, flipping backwards to get onto my feet. The stunned Usurpers turned around too slow. Bullets had entered both of their heads by the time they could even face me. It appeared I had more to worry about though, as the Usurpations guarding the door to the other side of the bridge started walking my way, firing their weapons at me as they did so. I fired back with my superior aim. I hit five shots on one Usurper and shot the arm off of the other as I advanced. The one-armed soldier dropped his gun and unsheathed his sword. I read his movements and backed up to a section with more bullet holes in the glass. He charged me but I sidestepped easily and kicked him off of the bridge. His still thrashing body turned into a small blue spot moments later on the ground far below.

I wasted no time after that as I crashed through the doors. Anticipating the Usurpers waiting on me, I launched myself through the doors and into one of the two on the other side, slicing into his windpipe. The other was no luckier. He didn't have time to readjust his aim before I sliced off two of his limbs. He fell to the ground and I, merciless, stabbed him in the chest and twisted the blade . I didn't draw it out until he stopped moving. Then, I continued to what I could only hope was the exit. I ran along as more alarms came on. I would be the first to admit that this wasn't the most stealthiest approach. All I knew at this point is that I had to find a way out. I sensed movement above me. I looked up and saw some kind of rail was transporting a wide rectangle. As I watched it moved ahead of me and stopped. Then I ran straight into an invisible barrier. I gritted my teeth and assessed the situation. There were, rather surprisingly, no Usurpers around to challenge me. Instead, an empty corridor greeted me from both the left and the right, as well as to my back. I turned to the right through intuition, but when I went to move there, another transparent door blocked my path. To the left then. I proceeded with caution. I could tell this was a trap but had no choice but to keep my gun raised and to stay on alert. I was being lead around like a domesticated animal following food. I didn't like it, but I had no choice.

Finally after about ten minutes of this game, I heard pacing around the corner. I decided to activate a life scan on my Battlesuit AI. It picked up two aliens of an unrecognized class right around the corner. Gently, placed my back against the wall with my rifle pointed upwards. I peeked around carefully, noting the two heavily armoured Usurpations - both standing a full head taller than me. They guarded a thick door. From the sides of their heads, slightly above where the ears should be, extended two fleshy looking..... Things. One on each side of their green visors. The units themselves were very thickly built, and looked to have tough armour as well. Both had alien rifles on their backs and pistols at their hips. One was holding some sort of launcher while the other had his Psi swords activated. They were thick and hung down nearly to the floor. This was the one who looked up and to the right whilst giving a slight nod, as if it was speaking to something. Radio, I presumed.

I didn't see much way around it. They had to go. I took my alien rifle and held it in a ready-to-fire position while bracing myself. Then I swung around the corner and opened fire. Three shots straight to the launcher wielder's chest. The other Usurper, who I figured I'd dub Usurpation Guardians, switched to the unknown launcher and fired. I used my time module to sidestep the rather slow moving projectile. I didn't want to waste energy so once I was out of it's way I switched it off. To my surprise, the projectile traced me with impressive agility and managed to scratch the armour I was wearing. I grimaced. This could be a problem. The other Usurper wasn't dead. Far from it. He fired a projectile as well. I moved fast enough to get out of the original path of fire but was still scratched along my flank.

'Enough of this....' I murmured to no one in particular as I squeezed the trigger and landed six more shots on the already injured Guardian.

I moved closer so the launcher shots wouldn't be as effective in theory, and the whole time I kept my finger on the trigger to the gun. I pressed myself against the wall and then rolled to avoid another tracking razor before firing off another three into the Usurper's body. The large Guardian finally toppled and hit the ground with a thud. I was so close at this point that the launcher's tracking ability would be negated unless fired directly towards me. The giant Usurper realized this and activated it's swords. The soldier charged at me, but I grabbed the launcher, his dead comrade's hand and rolled out of the way. The alien missed me, instead striking the wall and getting stuck. The brute had no trouble pulling it out, but it gave me the time to fire a razor straight into it's side. It pierced the thing's armour, but with little effect, only enraging it. I activated my swords and jammed one of the blades into the creature's wound, giving it a twist and then slicing upwards before pulling it out. Green blood sprayed the walls, and me, as the Guardian slumped to its knees and put its head against the wall. The light from it's visor faded and then went out.

After letting out a hefty sigh and recharging both my health and energy, I grabbed the other launcher and fired it at the door. I then proceeded to move into the room. It lit up instantly, both with over head lights and the eyes of many test subjects in tubes. They seemed to follow me as I walked through the room. I spotted a console on the side of the room as I moved quickly to the other side. Then, I paused. Slowly I turned around. And I saw the console inputting directions by itself. Test tubes opened - five of them. Out of each container stepped one dark gray beast, one that I've never seen before. All five faced me with a sneer on their faces. The ugly things had a dog's form but came equipped with a spiked tail and three horns that were each about two thirds of a meter long. It also sported a bony looking frill upon their skulls.

I did not hesitate to lock on my rocket and launch a homing razor straight through the center dog-thing's skull, spraying it's thick blue blood all over it's companions. I drew my rifle as the other four hounds took my shot as the sounding of a war trumpet and charged at me with their heads down. I squeezed off some shots which took out the left and rightmost mutts, but the last two were to close. One tried to leap above me, so I sidestepped one and activated my swords, using one hand to slice down the belly of the dog, spilling it's entrails out upon myself and the floor. The other, not phased in the slightest, turned around and charged me again. I jumped and flipped, eyeing the foe warily. It swung around and came at me a once more. The thing, which I had dubbed a 'Usurpation Hound,' tried a different approach. It jumped onto a nearby tube before bounding off towards me with its head down. I activated my time module, managing to just avoid the deadly horns and fearsome teeth while stabbing my blade deep into it's throat. Using the momentum from it's jump, I then threw the monster down onto the ground where it lay dying from its injury. I pulled out my rifle and shot a round into the beast's skull. I proceeded to check the Hounds, confirming them all dead.

Nothing else outside emerged from the pods, so I went to examine the console. It shouldn't have done what it did, unless it was automated. Of course when I got there I couldn't make out a single word on the screen, even though they still mostly looked familiar. Unwilling to waste any more time, I hurried to the doors and blew them open before something else opened up. Behind those doors were, rather surprisingly, no more guards. What wasn't surprising was that the maze that made up this complex continued on in both directions. With a sigh I turned to the left and began walking, on high alert. At least the alarm had stopped going off. My head was still throbbing from the concussion I got earlier. I continued on, trusting my gut feeling. But at regular intervals, I would be cut off by some invisible wall or barrier. It could only be assumed that someone was forcing me to follow their path - no doubt one that would lead towards more trouble later. Finally I turned down one last turn, and was greeted by a wall. I turned around, but low and behold: invisible barrier. Having no other choice, I walked up to the wall to examine it. It was then I heard a slight sound. I swung around but saw nothing. To be sure I looked up, and that's when I finally noticed a pair of glowing blue eyes.

A long green tongue stuck out of a mouth filled with teeth while two half-saw blades switched the side of it's arms, the same arms that were being used to hold the alien up onto the roof. The almost all black creature dropped to the ground and gave a bow, it's seemingly long tongue dangling down even more as it advanced forward.

It struck suddenly, dashing at me with blinding speed. I blocked right in time, managing to activate one Psi sword before the strike. I slung my rifle over my shoulder while the alien brought it's other hand around for a strike. The sword grazed my leg, but it didn't matter. I drew my pistol from my side and shot the creature while we were still in one to one deadlock. It leaped backwards and then charged full speed at me again. I was expecting it to come straight on but it jumped over my head, forcing me off balance as I spun around to try and counter attack. It gave a heavy hit and I went down hard. The creature loomed over me for a moment, and we locked eyes. Then, it jumped. I rolled to the side and sprung up, my rifle suddenly in hand. I shot at it, but to my utter surprise, it dodged. Once more it bounded towards me,this time sliding under me as it tried to take out my legs. As it slid I jumped up and flipped over, landing on the shield and bouncing back off. While I traveled towards the wall on the other side, I reached out with my Psi blade activated and sliced off the creature's arm. It hissed at me, green blood spilling over the ground. More confident I slowly walked towards the creature. It ran at me again, making a sudden dash to the left when it got closer, the remaining arm sweeping back towards me. Taking a risk, I ducked and shoved my blade into the thing's gut. I suffered a scratch on my armour but not much more. As the creature's last twitches died, I could see it had something in it's hand. That something glowed red as it dropped down to the floor. I moved just in time for the explosion to throw me up into the roof and then let gravity pull me down to the ground.

I lay there for a moment, exhausted from the last trial and so desperately wanting to sleep, before looking around me. And it was then I saw ten, no.... Twenty pairs of eyes staring at me.

'Well crap....' I breathed.

I spotted the exit a few meters away. These 'Hunters,' as I had dubbed them, stood between me and leaving. Even worse was that I was backed up against a wall. They started dropping down from the ceiling. I took out my launcher and fired a razor, following that up with a volley of alien rifle fire. The razor did hit one of the slower moving Usurpations, but that still left a lot. They were quick too, many of them managing to dodge my bullets while still covering a lot of ground. My shots killed only a few as they charged closer and closer. Though, at least these things didn't have guns or I would have been long dead. They were getting too close for the alien rifle to be effective. There were still more than ten when the Hunters got to me. I immediately clubbed the closest one in the face and then sliced off it's head with my blade. I slung my rifle onto my shoulder and then leaped over the remaining ones. I managed to make the leap practically perfect and landed a blade through the head of one of the creatures. The others were fast though. They turned around already and were converging on me. They were smart as well, spreading out and attempting to encircle me. I took out and reloaded my launcher while they closed in. To their surprise, however, I decided to rush the one standing directly in front of me. I stabbed at it's side but it dodged while swinging at my neck from above. Blocking the attack with my left arm, I swung my other hand into the creature's side, giving it a nasty scratch. Another Usurper came at me from the left. I dodged its attack, putting my elbow in the middle of it's forearm and forming a satisfying crack. Then a third one attempted to slice at me behind, but I used my victim as a meatshield to intercept the blow before drawing my launcher and putting a razor directly into the face of the scratched Hunter that was now behind me. Then I stabbed my meatshield as well as the adversary that was in front of me. I proceeded to slice off both of their heads. I was still surrounded, and the Hunter's were now wiser with three more of their number dead. They decided to change their tactics. Two bounded towards me from above. I reacted with my time module, shooting the legs off of one while still managing to dodge the other. But a third one was where I moved. I swung around and tried to shoot it but it knocked the gun out of my hand. I ducked as it sliced at me, and then sliced off its arm. I tripped it and went for my gun. Another two came at me from the sides as I dove for the weapon. One of the Hunters grabbed it first, discharging it while I slide. A few bullets hit my back as I slid past the Hunter and cut his feet off. I got up quickly and deactivated the chronomodule, but as I did three enemies rushed me from the front. I activated my kinetic module to bring the gun to me before pressing the barrel to the now unarmed Hunter and firing. I calmly looked up and then jumped right as a sword swung under me. I landed and blocked another blow from the front. Two other Hunters converged on me. As they did, I noticed one of the Usurpations had moved behind me and swung at it, but it managed to get out of the way. The other two in front of me had flanked me and began taking alternating swipes. I got stuck on the defensive, parrying blows with both hands. I finally had to break my deadlock and spun both my blades into the Usurpation on my right, killing it while dodging the left's attack. I used my kinetic module to throw his body at the other three and moved back. A fourth one came from that direction and leaped at me, but I ducked and thrust my blades into it's stomach. The last three Hunters took advantage of this and attempted to slice at me from the back. I still evaded the attacks, throwing the target I had just killed into them and backing away. Dead bodies lay strewn across the cavern floor in puddles of green blood. I taunted the last of the combat able Hunters. They charged me. One head on, one from above, and one from my right. I backed away from the front one and the one on my right's blocked attempt to attack before stabbing it in the neck. Then I moved back to avoid the attack from the airborne one. The other Usurpation came at me and I parried it's blow, forcing it back before darting in and stabbing it through the head. The last Usurpation came from behind in a blinding blitz. It stabbed me in the back as I turned around and cut it in half laterally. I was saved from an injury by the launcher I had picked up, which was unfortunately damaged beyond repair now. All the Hunters were now dead. I quickly checked my weaponry. Again, my Razor Launcher was totaled. But thankfully, my rifle was perfectly fine. Still, I was covered in alien blood and rather annoyed at the entire situation. I walked over to the exit and up the stairs, throwing open the doors at the top.
Garuda 1
Cyber Grub [25]

Re: Ripples of Time

Postby Hikarikaze » 30 August 2016, 05:01

Sounds like an interesting story from the looks of it

(Edit from Gaurda:
Using Hikarikaze's post to graft the rest of my story to to avoid double posting. With permission of course - thank you Hikarikaze.)

More hallways greeted me. I walked with my rifle at the ready, straight down. So far no invisible barriers. That was either good or terribly bad. I kept my guard up and walked straight ahead. Eventually some kind of strange rhythmic sound caught my attention. As I moved towards it cautiously, I realized it was supposed to be music. The sound took me to a door, where inside was what looked to be a lobby. What I could only guess to be a concession stand, service counter, and some Usurpation bench thing. The entire scene was completed by some Smalls checking in. I ducked around the corner, aiming my rifle in there general direction. All of them started pulling out pistols. As such I fired away, each of my shots accurate. Every Usurper lost legs, arms, or a head. I rounded the corner I saw the clerk run for an alarm. Before it could set it off, though, I shot the thing in the hand. And of course, hit the button too.

The screeching started once more and I ran outside. To my left were some Usurpation Hounds which were let off their leash by a duo of Soldiers. I ducked back inside while one jumped at me. I shot it in the head causing it to go down with a whimper. The others rounded the corner and I shot at each in turn. One of them got smart though and bounded off the door straight into my face. Fortunately, this one didn't have horns. It still managed to get a hold of my arm as I activated my swords and plunged it into the Hound's stomach. I flung it off me and shot it before peeking around the corner, ducking back to avoid the incoming gunfire from the guards. I looked for an opening as the hail of bullets streaked past me. Eventually I just flipped down onto me stomach and discretely crawled around the frame of the door just enough to see the Usurpers. Though they hadn't noticed me yet, my position was dangerous enough with projectiles flying right over my head and landing on the ground around me. I squeezed off several shots from my rifle. They were mostly on point and the left Soldier went down. The other one saw me and adjusted his aim. I rolled over and propped myself up, moving to the left and firing my rifle. Eventually, after four or so shots, I managed to down the alien.

Afterwards, I ran out of the facility grounds and shortly came to a city. Looking around, I couldn't make sense of anything. But, to my right in the distance was a castle looking.... thing on a hill. I figure that this might be a place where I could find finish my mission or, at the very least, answer some questions. I turned and ran in that direction, but had barely gotten a few yards when the city-wide alarms started. I kept running, meeting troops at every corner. Snipers filled the building windows and rooftops. I had no where to go. I desperately tried to think of something as I ran into an alley. Out of options, I switched to my Psi swords, jumped up, and dug my blades into the yellow concrete. It was a bit hard to get it in but it stuck firm once it was. I swung up my other arm and forced that blade into the block next. Enemies started to fill the space between the buildings and fired at me, forcing me to fire back when I could. After a long while of climbing this way, I finally made it to the top, somehow without taking any substantial damage.

I sat down there are breathed heavily for a few moments, strained from the journey. Eventually, I got up and checked my surroundings. As soon as I did I spotted a sniper on the roof next to me. I grinned devilishly. Then I took a running leap onto the roof. I descended upon the now alerted Advanced Usurpation and wrapped my legs around it's abdomen and arms. I then grabbed my defibrillator and put it against the alien's chest. I fired it. The sniper went down. I got up and grabbed his gun, slinging it across my back. Then, I defibbed the Advanced until it was dead.

'Never gets old' I said, grinning as I turned and jumped onto the next roof.

I continued moving like this, roof to roof, with no disturbances save the occasional sniper fire coming from other buildings. When this was the case, I just dodged the relatively slow moving bullets and moved on before they could get another shot in. Soon enough I was at the end of the small city, with the castle sprawled above the entire thing on its own little hill. I figured instead of trying to climb down I'd find an access to the inner workings of the building I was on. I searched on the roof I was on and eventually found a hatch in the far corner. Shooting the lock off and kicking open the trap door, I descended down the ladder inside. Then I carefully stepped into the room next over. No one there. I worked my way down to the next floor. No one there either. Two more floors with no aliens. I tested my luck, stepping out of a door onto the street. In front of me was a line of Guardians with shields in front of a line of Advanced Usurpers with alien shotguns. I backed up into the door and ran up the stairs.

Back on the roof, I looked down on their position, wondering how I could get the drop on them. I took aim with my sniper rifle and fired. The shot was perfectly aimed, going straight through a Guardian and into the Advanced behind. The skies immediately filled with gun fire. I reloaded my SR and grabbed the alien rifle from my back. Activating my time module, I leaped through the gunfire from my five story building, firing on them as I landed. I took quite a bit of chips in my armour but managed to land on the heads of one of the Advanced in one piece. I stabbed it in the head and grabbed it's gun, firing at anything that moved. I rolled and sliced up the back of one of the confused Guardians before grabbing its shield, deactivating my ability, and moving back. I continued to fire while backing up and using the shield as cover. About fifteen or so aliens remained, advancing quickly as I continued to back away. It seems as if the more that died, the more and more aliens converged on me. My shield was starting to dent under the impact of the rounds, and my shotgun started to overheat. The first bullet pierced my shield, scratching my leg as it went by. It was followed by another, which impacted me in the torso but bounced off. By now there were only six left. Thinking fast I threw my gun to the left while desperately holding onto my piece of scrap metal. Then I used my Kinetic Module to bring the shotgun's molten barrel across the backs of the soldiers. With them momentarily distracted, either by the screams of their soldiers or the pain of molten metal digging into their backs, I picked the last of them off with my rifle. My armour was pockmarked bullet dents, my shield was complete scrap, and my gun was wedged into an alien's ribs - a fairly normal day all in all. I replaced my shotgun and shield and began the hard trek to the top of the hill.

It felt like I was walking through a hurricane, but I pushed on. At the top sat two Guardians and two Advanced by the castle door. They seemed to have been expecting me, since from the moment I reached the top of the hill I was met with sniper fire. The only cover was a small tree that would not last long under the assault. It was the only thing I had, though, so I rolled behind it and started picking off my enemies with my own sniper rifle. I only shot a few shots before the tree groaned and started to fall. I leaped out of the way and started rolling down the hill. Thankfully I managed to dig into a stubborn patch of grass-ish stuff and plant-y matter to stop my fall. Slowly, I got up and crawled up the hill. My shield, which was currently on my back, rang as a bullet struck it from above. I decided to take inspiration in that, rising and quickly moving up with my protection in hand. As I advanced said item received a generously gifted razor that burrowed halfway into it. Another one followed, nearly taking off my arm. The snipers had stopped firing - I was probably to close to the building. But ahead of me the overly-generous Guardians stood, reloading their weapons while the Advanced opened fire. I dug my shield into the ground and took out my sniper rifle. I quickly rolled to the left, coming up on my knees, and fired the rifle. The bullet made its way through the head of the Advanced and the hand of the Guardian. The right Advanced adjusted its aim as the Guardian fired its razor at me. I slowed down time once more and activated the kinetic module. After catching the blade in mid-air, I sent it flying back towards it's sender. The razor cut through one of the dreads on the side of the Guardian's face and went through the head of the other soldier. The large Usurpation was distracted by its dead partner and its bleeding.... thing.... long enough for me to make my way up and stab it in the face with my sword. I then executed the last Usurpation, grabbed my shield and a launcher, and blew the doors to the castle open.

I darted behind the door, prepared for a flurry of bullets that never came. No one was there to greet me. I cautiously stepped into the hallway as I loaded my launcher again, and moved down the hallway. Nobody came. Ahead of me was a staircase and another passage. I took the staircase up and continued towards the back of the castle, walking until there was only one intersection left. And yet still, not a soul came to intercept me. Beyond this lay a door. I took my shotgun and cautiously peeked around the corner, only to have to pull my head back as the hallway was filled with gunfire.

Advanced and Guardian combos again, just like the city line. If only I had some grenades. But alas. I used my chrono bending abilities to slow down time enough for me to run to past the opening. The beginning of shots were fired, but I was already across by the time the rounds reached my prior position. I could hear the heavy footsteps of the units moving up as they worked to corner me in. I had no choice so I kicked open the door, and then hastily shut it behind me. A large empty room followed with an even more elaborate door with intricate carvings and what looked like.... Gun barrels. Right behind me the door was opened once more by a swarm of angry Usurpations, right as the six turrets lining the door fired upon me.

I flipped the leading Guardian over my shoulder and moved back as the bullets impacted the bodies and shields around me. And then I grabbed my launcher and started firing. There were eight meatshields for me, and the razor from my gun pierced cut off the head of an already dead one before zoning in on its first target. It hit the machine gun squarely and blew it up. One down, five to go. The Advanced were all chopped down by the time I fired my second shot. Only the Guardians remained, and only because of their shields. I quickly reloaded while the razor made it's contact. I managed to reload and fire once more, destroying a third gun. My meatshield and its shield at this point were near completely disintegrated. I activated my kinetic module and pulled up the Usurpation's guns. I managed to get one more shot out before my shield gave out completely. Using the kinetic module, however, I was able to fire multiple guns at the same time as well as levitate the dead bodies of the fallen Usurpations. The only downside to using the kinetic module so heavily is that I can't move at all while working with so many objects. But it worked well - the last two turrets easily fell under the hail of rounds I managed to summon up, while the bodies protected me from most enemy fire.

Exhausted, I lay there for a few seconds, not noticing the movement in front of me. I finally looked up to see some kind of robot separating itself from the door. Or rather, the door folded on itself to make some kind of humanoid machine. It was similar to the Robot Omega in appearance, but with a much more Usurpation feel with its yellow and gray armour and red blade. It had two antennae sticking up from a head that resembled a Falkok with one eye in the middle. One hand held its Psi blade while the other had a large cannon. A machine gun sat on its shoulder and flank-mounted rockets completed the walking armory. Looking behind me, I gulped. I figured that dropping a door on this thing wouldn't work given the fact that any door large enough to inflict damage was nowhere to be found. My only hope was that it could be killed by conventional weaponry.

I reloaded my weapons as the enemy sized me up. Suddenly, it charged at me. I was barely able to dodge the surprisingly fast robot that was now stuck behind me. While pulling its blade from the wall, it turned back towards me and fired a shot out of its massive cannon. I slowed down time again and scrambled to get out of the way. The shot made a large crater in the wall. I could only think that even if I were in the way of the massive bullet, the crater would still be there, just with a lot more red. I decided to not get hit by it. Next, it flexed its machine gun. I had no shield this time around and so had to rely on my speed to stay ahead of its aim. I ran around behind him, but the missiles on his sides were due to be tested. I tried to dodge both but I took a hit and flew back into the wall. Disgruntled and bruised, I got up quickly. I decided the first step towards destroying this monster would be to do away with its weapon systems. It stared at me with its giant red eye, as if mocking me. I pulled out my sniper rifle and shot the smug robot in said eye. I couldn't assume it was blinded now, but I was sure that was extremely mad. It charged in the direction I was in again before proceeding to start firing all of its weaponry at once. I kept moving around, avoiding the missiles and gunfire to my best ability. But it was practically like trying to dodge the rain. There was a constant risk of a stray missile, or bullet finding its way into my armour, which happened at several points. I couldn't even try to beat the smaller MG bullets, but the missiles were slow enough to dodge and the cannon was predictable enough to avoid. I grabbed my launcher and took out the machine gun on its back with a well aimed razor, and then switched to my alien shotgun to fire upon the hand with his cannon in it. Once that was disabled I turned my sights to the rockets. Assessing my weaponry, while keeping my momentum, I decided to keep the shotgun out for the rockets. Unfortunately, it did not work well against the more heavily armoured targets. I backed into the corner with the least scorch marks and reloaded both my rifle and my razor. The robot, even though it seemed blind, had figured out where I was. However, as it rushed towards me I fired my launcher towards its right side, hitting the middle one and getting stuck in its barrel as it attempted to fire. The rocket was unable to make it out and exploded when it came into contact with my razor. The other five projectiles hit empty air. I was already behind the machine, firing a rifle shot through the hole in its plating. The left side blew up right afterwards, leaving the middle of the machine a burnt strip of metal. The robot slid to a stop. crashing into the corner I was in moments before.

The battle was not yet over though. The thing got to its feet unsteadily and looked in my direction. With its shattered eye, non-existent ribs, and ruined hand, it hardly looked like a threat until it switched its Psi blades into a long greatsword, almost like a lance that was sharp on the sides. The now yellow blades ran behind it's hand and up to the middle of it's forearm. It slashed through the wall behind it and turned towards me in the most menacing way a skeletal robot could. I found out that it still had a lot of movement speed when it rushed towards me, blade extended. I put away my rifle, and boosted over the robot's head as it got near. Landing on the machine's back, I plunged one sword through its shoulder to steady myself. Another went straight through the thing's head. I backflipped off as it fell for the last time, it's eye growing cold and dark, its sword disappearing. It was finally done. I turned to the set of doors and what I could only hope was my final objective here. Apprehension swirled through my mind as I reloaded all my weaponry. I shrugged it off and busted through the doors.

In front of me was what I could only assume to be some sort of odd throne room, and in the center what must have been a king. He was standing with two Hunters equipped with armour and guns at his side. The man spoke in the alien language of the Usurpations. I stepped forward and raised my gun, to the aggravation of the guards. The king waved them off, and started speaking again. He changed the language this time, I could tell. It sounded fairly familiar.

'Right....' I said quietly as I prepared to fire.

'Ah,' the prominent figure said, to my surprise. 'Do you speak the old English then? And you wear the armour of the old Marines. Interesting. You even hold an old model defibrillator. Clearly you are no ordinary soldier to be using such equipment from the past and still best so many of my soldiers. And I hear you even made a mess of the experimentation ward. Well, it is certainly impressive that you have come from. Tell me, who are you?'

I hesitate, unable to speak or pull the trigger.

'No matter. You are here to kill me and that is all that is important to both you and myself at the moment. Now then.....'

He removes his helmet and I couldn't help but gasp as his comrades do the same. He.... They.... Were all humans.

'You seemed surprised. I believe I understand now. You thought me - you thought us, our race or civilization, of alien origin then? Interesting. There is no doubt you are not from our timeline then.... Marine. So, how did you end up here? No matter. But I will answer your question: We Usurpations have been in battle with the Civil Security for a matter of....' he pauses. 'Forty years now. Forty. And, we are deadlocked. And while hundreds, nae, thousands are lost on the battlefield each and every day, we both grow desperate for a solution. So, I devised a plan to send our men back in time to wipe them out before they could grow. Unfortunately the plan went slightly askew; instead of an invading force we only got one or two soldiers through our unstable portal. But one or two was all we needed. Somehow, they managed to open the portal, linking your timeline to our own.'

I said nothing.

'And so we traced our ancestries and were to slaughter every Civil Security not important to our cause. And then we could finally finish this war. We could raze them to the ground, burn their forts, grind them into nae but dust!' He pauses again, considering his next words carefully. 'So now.... Soldier. Let us duel. This is things are done - how a king is usurped. Even one such as yourself must know this. Only Psi weaponry. You win my country.... Or I win the destruction of your timeline. So, drop your weapon, face me like a true soldier!'

'You must think me dumb.' I replied through gritted teeth.

'Ahhh, so it speaks. I will tell you outside those doors by now is an army of hundreds. They will kill you if you step out of this place without my death first. Duel me for your timeline, and win my kingdom. With Psi weaponry only. You have no choice' he said.

'And how can I trust you?' I ask.

He shrugged and said 'no one would follow a king who deceives. And you have no choice. Either face me like a warrior or die. Like a coward.'

I drop my weapons and activate my swords. All save my defibrillator. The king raises an eyebrow, but doesn't object. In fact I could see a newer model defib on his waist. He raises his staff and activates the Psi blade into a long halberd with a small knife-point on the other end while the Hunters quickly collect my weapons. Once they move out of the way, he rushes me, his poleaxe scraping the ground as he covers the distance between us in a fraction of a second. Standing a whole three feet taller than me, his size didn't slow his movement at all. I dodged the blow, but then he swung downward with the other end of his staff. I parry the block with both blades now humming. His raw strength wasn't compromised either. I could feel the blow in my bones but I didn't give way. I instead took one sword off and took a swipe at the King. He was out of the way before I could land anything, and I was forced to move back as his blade came sweeping up towards me. He started towards me again, swinging the blade around quickly to try and utilize both ends. I was forced to the defensive, moving back farther and farther as the halberd cut streaks into the ground. Finally I was backed to the far wall. He stabbed at me, but I flipped over him. He was already swinging around, so I had to block the large side of the halberd with both my arms. The impact sent me back a few inches. I managed to shake it off and tried my own offensive. I pushed in close before the Usurpation could swing any more. I jabbed at him and forced him back as he had no reliable parry from that range. I knew my swords could easily slice through his staff, as did he. Finally he leaped into the air and back, then charged with his blade down as if lancing. I dodged to the side but he surprised me with a sudden swing. It nicked my armour and nearly cut me in half as I scrambled to move out of the way. I was on the defensive again, fending of the King's slashes. I tried to warp time, slowing his attack down enough for me to get close. However, it ended abruptly and I was smacked to the side with the staff of the polearm mid-swing.

'Tata, using your Chronomodule. That won't buy you enough time, you see,' he says with a broad and smug smile. 'Now, as you people from the past repeatedly say.... En garde.'

There was hardly any time to get to my feet before he was upon me. I just managed to jump above the attack. He raised his blade to counter but I crossed it with my own and flipped my feet into his face, knocking him down.

'Not bad, for low ranking C9 scum. We should have started with you it seems. Always lurking in the shadows, no more the same now than then.'

'C9...?' I thought Probably what caused this war. I always have to clean up their mess, from the human insurrection to the Usurpation invasion.

He rolled to the side as my blades pierced the floor where he was. He was up in an instant, weapon in hand. I pulled my blades from the ground and attacked him again, using my close quarters advantage to push him back. He abruptly stops after a flurry of dodging and kicks me in the stomach. The kick was hard, knocking me into the air and backwards. Then he rushed me once more. I didn't attempt to dodge but instead tried the time bending ability once more. Time came back only a fraction of a second afterwards, and I was knocked to the ground, with a small cut.

'Ha! I told you, that won't work here. But I guess you're out of tricks.'

I stood up and calmly walked to him while spitting out blood.

'Determined one aren't you? And stupid too.' He swung downwards as if to finish me off.
Hikarikaze
Noir Lime [600]

Postby Garuda 1 » 30 August 2016, 05:07

I deactivated one blade and caught the broken staff in my hand, and lunged forward with the other, nicking his armour and drawing blood.

'The he-?!'

I keep it up, yanking the halberd out of his hands and landing blows that were just scratches, but blows none the less. He finally kicked my legs out before looking at the spear I created out of his halberd in anger. I give him a cold smile as he smoldered and started turning red. Then he takes and throws down his hands, activating two red Psi weapons that resemble longswords. He charges me once again, bringing both blades up. The speed was blinding and I had the barest amount of time to sling the spear over my back and block the attack with both arms. His power was immense and he put everything into that swing. My whole body trembled with the effort of keeping myself from being cleaved in half. Then I was launched up into the air by another powerful kick. And he was there when I came down, swinging for my head. I twisted mid-air and moved out of the way, landing on my back and rolling to avoid another attack. He was moving more actively now, using jumps attacks and heavy blows which where hurled at me like bullets. I could barely block or dodge the attacks, and remained constantly on the defensive knowing that I would be sliced in half if I got to close. Blow after vicious blow, we moved across the room in a battle which was clearly controlled be him.

As a way to turn the tables and stay unpredictable, I jumped out of the way of one of his swinging attacks before moving about a foot in front of one of the wall. As he charged me with another thrust, I jumped back and hit the wall, propelling myself off as his blade dug into whatever material that was. But it was the wrong move. His other arm went straight up, and the Psi stabbed through my armour as if it were butter. Then I was thrown across the room, hard enough to be driven into the other wall. The shocking pain of the impact and the wound I received was blinding. I could see him walking towards me while I just laid there, my body numb and my vision growing black. And as a last ditch effort I reached down and pulled the trigger on my defibrillator. The reviving burst gave me a boost of energy. Shakily, I stood up. I pulled the defibrillator trigger again as the giant walked forward towards me, confident in his victory.

'Well, you put up a good fight. Bravo,' he said. I'm sure that if it were not for the giant blades coming from his arms he would be giving me a slow, semi-sarcastic clap.

I pressed the defibrillator trigger once more. It wouldn't heal my wound but the hope was that maybe it would give me enough energy to win this fight. He was right in front of me now, and he swung downwards. I dodge his slow swing and darted to the side, slicing his armour and drawing blood as I went. I refused to stop there as his enraged stab came next. I blocked, with it throwing me backwards. I tapped the defibrillator again, knowing this was my last chance. He rushed me, and I threw myself down between his legs, leaving a smear of blood on the floor. As I slid I activated my chronomodule, causing his attack to just barely miss. I took the once-halberd off my back and threw it at him. He hadn't the time to turn around when I finished driving the spear into his side with my kinetic module. He fell, gasping for air as I stood up, pulling the trigger on my defibrillator once more. My breathing came ragged and heavy as I approached him in a lurching, unsteady way. I stopped halfway though, and used my kinetic module to draw the spear out of his side.

But just before I caught it I could feel resistance. The spear whipped around mid-air with the point facing me. I barely managed to stop it in time, the point hovering mere centimeters from my neck. The King glared at me with eyes full of hatred. He slowly got up, blood dropping from his side. We fought a mental battle, both of us attempting to push the spear through the other's heart. I carefully moved around to the side, somewhat close to him, while watching his movements. The broken weapon's point followed me around. I suddenly changed the direction I was pushing towards myself, causing it to accelerate. The king realized what I was doing, but instead of trying to stop the spear, he made an attempt to stab me. One that failed as the spear was driven into his chest and out the other side. He fell to the ground just inches away from my legs, but he refused to die. He didn't even have the concentration or energy to activate his swords, but just grabbed onto my leg. I turned around, reached back, and stabbed him through his head. He finally drew his last breath.

I collapsed, laying my head on the floor, grateful that it was all over. But alas. I was suddenly surrounded now by Usurpation Hunters. They were upon me before I could move. One of them picked me up and slung me over its shoulder, with a second one grabbing my legs. As they carried me out of the room, I passed out.

I regained consciousness on a soft bed in the middle of a large and ornate room. I slowly rose and glanced around the area - yellow dotted with reds, grays, and greens. My armour was gone, replaced with a much more.... Visually aesthetic piece. The armour still had Psi swords which, after a bit of practice, I managed to activate them. I carefully moved outside with one blade on, into a hallway. There were Usurpations outside. They started speaking to me, then to each other. Apparently seeing the look in my eyes they both turn and ran instead of turning their guns on me. I started moving down the hallway immediately. After only a few seconds though another Usurpation rounded the corner. However, she had no helmet, and was, like me, human. She started speaking in a foreign tongue, probably her own. I hadn't moved yet. Given the reactions from the 'aliens' earlier, the fact that this female was here speaking to me now, the words the former king had spoken to me, and the sheer fact that I was still alive, I believed I had much better things to do than kill an unarmed person. To my surprise, she started speaking in English.

'My king, you may put your swords away.' That's what she said to me. In perfect English. She continued.
'I am a scholar for the Monarchic State of Enarvia. People from your time seem to know us as Usurpations according to some ancient text. I have studied and I happen to be adept in the language from which Erngalsh stems - the language of your people, English.'

'Wha...?' I interrupted.

Her eyes blazed for a moment. 'If you would kindly let me finish.' Her tone was sharp. I decided to let her finish.

'I am to teach you Erngalsh and as well act as an adviser to you. You are now.... The King of Enarvi.' She gives an elegant bow. And with those words the way into my future was paved.

----

I am assuming if you are reading this than you have not died from the three long walls of text above. If so, good for you. Thank you for reading and I hope that you enjoyed. If you have any questions about the story or anything you feel could be done better, feed back, constructive criticism, or general comments, feel free to post. I will gladly answer your questions and comment on your comments. Thank you again.
Garuda 1
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby rayriflepie » 31 August 2016, 00:06

Wow! This is really good!!! Make more please!!
rayriflepie
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby LazyRain » 17 September 2016, 19:28

It's good. Final part wasn't so unexpected for me, because I assumed something similar.

I have remembered one case. Long time ago in a topic was discussed appearance of Usurpers. Eric has sent the picture of a pocket mirror. I don't know whether it was a joke, but it's the interesting idea.

Some questions. What happened to his partners? Why he only has got on this planet? Is it Earth? How exactly the war has begun? Will you write more stories?
LazyRain
Civil Security Heavy [300]

Postby Garuda 1 » 18 September 2016, 01:37

Thank you for your feedback. As for your questions:

Spoiler: Show More
His partners are currently in an unknown location. Since the portal device used wormhole technology, he was transported through space and time. So he is on Earth, but due to a sudden shift, he and his partners ended up in two completely different locations. As for the beginning of the war, it started like most - politics. I would not be able to say more, but the Usurpers and the Civil Security (who were, of course, using a different name at the time) were two large super powers of the world. A lot of friction tends to open up when said superpowers start doing certain things. Building armies, taking land, unauthorized encroachments, et cetera and so forth. Fairly similar to the Cold War. As for stories, I do have more planned, but none of them are related to Plazma Burst. If the demand is high enough, I may consider writing a new story for Proxy and Noir Lime. Of course, all of this is related to my own storyline and not Plazma Burst cannon.
Garuda 1
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby Kostadin 8 » 25 September 2016, 09:55

My eyes hurted when i read it for 5 minutes, not suggesting to do a Read-Streak.

Anyways great story i did read half of the text
Kostadin 8
Civil Security Ghost [400]

Postby Roxxar » 27 September 2016, 04:21

ok i can appreciate the amount of effort put into this, but how about some proper formatting and structure so that we don't have to scale a great wall of text
Roxxar
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby Garuda 1 » 28 September 2016, 14:25

I will when I can make time to. It may be a while, however.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSzCLf8tjP4
Garuda 1
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby artichokecat » 5 October 2016, 06:44

Thanks you for putting it into paragraphs.
Some dreams do come true.
artichokecat
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Return to Other Art