Stealth Rifle

This is a place to show the community any other artwork!

Stealth Rifle

Postby Hikarikaze » 4 May 2016, 06:52

Open on a new tab; alternate link if the first one doesn't work

Shoots flechette darts/caseless rounds and deals just the same amount of damage as a bullet but without the noise. One dart is roughly the same length of a .300 Blackout round but the width is about 1/3 of said round, hence about 60 rounds in a 20 round magazine, assuming that'd even be possible. Actually, let's just judge form instead of function this time.

And yes, it's an obvious MPX rip-off.
Hikarikaze
Noir Lime [600]

Re: Stealth Rifle

Postby Silent Aurora » 4 May 2016, 17:18

mrblake213 wrote:MPX rip off.

gud <3

Avoid 1 word posting + only reply if you have constructive feedback.
Silent Aurora
Heavy Marine [900]

Postby Green eyed Demon » 4 May 2016, 19:50

Holy shit that looks beast

Green eyed Demon

Postby Thundrex » 5 May 2016, 01:16

Your ability to create good looking weapons that also seem as if they'd work flawlessly is frightening.

Very good work, Hikarikaze!

Just a little recommendation/idea:

I think you should try scrapping the art style you're going with (PMG-ish) and go for something ultra-realistic. Just an idea, but I think it'd be interesting to see.
Thundrex
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby Hikarikaze » 5 May 2016, 04:08

Green eyed Demon wrote:Holy shit that looks beast

Thanks.

Thundrex wrote:Your ability to create good looking weapons that also seem as if they'd work flawlessly is frightening.

Very good work, Hikarikaze!

Just a little recommendation/idea:

I think you should try scrapping the art style you're going with (PMG-ish) and go for something ultra-realistic. Just an idea, but I think it'd be interesting to see.

I had doubts regarding how this would even function because I'm personally not an expert in weapons that shoot darts. That's why I wanted people to focus more on how the weapon looked rather than how it worked.

As for the art style, I'm not intentionally trying to imitate the PMG shading styles. It's pretty much my attempt to make it look as realistic as possible, using slopes and cylindrical shapes to define certain surfaces. PMG can be used to make something look ultra-realistic anyways, so I reckon it's possible here as well. I can see where you're coming from with the shading style and whatnot resembling that of PMG's basic shading; it does look almost the same.
Hikarikaze
Noir Lime [600]

Return to Other Art