Drawings

This is a place to show the community any other artwork!

Drawings

Postby Hikarikaze » 16 April 2016, 06:00

No, not sketches - actual pieces of art. The title is just generic because I can't come up with a title.

Spoiler: Show More
Laser cannon rework: http://i.imgur.com/pQ8XSHq.png

A remade version of an old PMG build I made long ago, except this version is more along the lines of what I actually wanted to make. I didn't have the reference image that I used to make the original with me when I was making this in PDN so I had to make about 90% of this based on memory alone.

Here's some notes to help you understand what this gun even is or does: http://prntscr.com/asugng

Corpus-esque IAR: http://i.imgur.com/5Bf0eqI.png

Before you cry a river on how blocky it is or write me an entire essay on "wow this is complete trash I can remake this in 2 mins in MS Paint," read the following description so it makes more sense as to why it's even blocky.

Lately, as I've been getting disappointed in the drop chances for the Acolyte mods in Warframe (13 runs and I'm already a proud owner of like 8 Hydraulic Crosshairs), I've taken interest in how the weapons are designed - particularly Corpus weaponry. There's nothing too interesting about them, other than the fact they're blocky and shoot lasers.

So I made an IAR, because the machine guns they use are pitiful in terms of design, while sticking to their style a majority of the time: blocky, simple, and disregarding towards comfort.

I'll just let the notes speak for itself: http://prntscr.com/asui51

StG-44 redesign: http://i.imgur.com/ZfkhY3W.png

A rework of the StG-44 assault rifle designed around the WW2 era by Germany, with a more futuristic and anachronistic approach.

It features a complete receiver redesign: the upper, now an ambidextrous receiver, is designed to be more resembling to a typical AR-15 receiver, while the lower received minor changes, such as a redesigned pistol grip and trigger, complete with an ammunition counter on the side. This StG-44 can also mount collapsible stocks, which can be adjusted any time unlike the fixed stock that was on the original.

The handguard also met a redesign, with a heat shield covering the gas tube, and a more curved handguard with an integrated handstop. This version shows a mounted suppressor on the barrel, which can easily be replaced by barrels of different length.
Hikarikaze
Noir Lime [600]

Re: Drawings

Postby Green eyed Demon » 17 April 2016, 19:13

Not bad,I like the way the laser cannon works.

Green eyed Demon

Postby shadowstorm122 » 17 April 2016, 19:14

They are good but you didnt add a cowbell, dat grip on the 3rd one is sexy
Needs more cowbell.
shadowstorm122
Falkok [250]

Postby Kazy » 17 April 2016, 19:20

As i have already told you a few days ago, they look pretty amazing like all your other previous builds and remakes.
Still need to become better than you. ;-;
- if you read this, you can read.
Kazy
PB2 Official Weeaboo

Postby Bramble » 17 April 2016, 19:22

These are really cool designs. You have an artistic gift =)
I liked the first one best.
The floating orbs are interesting.
One mans nightmare is another man's hero.
If only perspective were tangible...
-Bramble
Bramble
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby darkstar 1 » 17 April 2016, 20:44

Looks awesome :)

Btw, how do the floating things work? Some electric/magnetic/electromagnetic forces?

darkstar 1
Proxy [700]

Postby Hikarikaze » 20 April 2016, 23:00

Green eyed Demon wrote:Not bad,I like the way the laser cannon works.

Thanks scrub

shadowstorm122 wrote:They are good but you didnt add a cowbell, dat grip on the 3rd one is sexy
Needs more cowbell.

Tactical cowbells are sold separately. You might have to look up where to find them though.

Kazy wrote:As i have already told you a few days ago, they look pretty amazing like all your other previous builds and remakes.
Still need to become better than you. ;-;

My only real advice is to take as much time as needed. Not counting the amount of time I procrastinated or couldn't work on these, I spent roughly about 2-3 days in total for all of these guns each except for the laser cannon - basic line art, coloring, and shading included. Though if I had Photoshop, the entire process would take 90% less time than with PDN - selecting areas for gradient shading is extremely time-consuming with PDN.

Thanks though.

Bramble wrote:These are really cool designs. You have an artistic gift =)
I liked the first one best.
The floating orbs are interesting.

Artistic gift would be an overstatement imo. I just used what I learned in Photoshop way back and applied most of it here. Just about anyone can produce work of this quality if they invest time and patience into it.

darkstar 1 wrote:Looks awesome :)

Btw, how do the floating things work? Some electric/magnetic/electromagnetic forces?

Thanks

The floating things are mainly for aesthetic purposes to compensate for a large amount of empty space. I wanted the large ring to serve as some sort of thumbhole-type pistol grip like the P90 or F2000, but after looking at it for some time, I figured I might make them serve no actual function.

They work simply through space wizard magic.
Hikarikaze
Noir Lime [600]

Return to Other Art