It's a feature!

Postby Copy_ » 18 August 2016, 14:36

Totally not annoying, totally a feature! ^^

Enjoy watching : P
Copy_
Civil Security Lite [100]

Re: It's a feature!

Postby Peter Plays » 18 August 2016, 15:22

Omg I hate when this happenes. Very funny video and nc edits m8.
Peter Plays
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby Copy_ » 19 August 2016, 09:59

Peter Plays wrote:Omg I hate when this happenes. Very funny video and nc edits m8.

I think everyone hates it... What's really weird is that I think this bug seems to have increased alot in this year.

Let's all hope that this bug will be fixed in 2.5, or at least made alot better.

Also, BIG thanks for enjoying! :)
Copy_

Postby Tempus » 21 August 2016, 02:22

Working as intended.

Spoiler: Show More
Tempus
Advisor

Postby Terror Only » 21 August 2016, 02:31

made me laught. i wonder why do people keep playing that map if all 1 shot-1 kill maps including this one are broken
Terror Only
Falkok [250]

Postby Copy_ » 21 August 2016, 07:57

Tempus wrote:Working as intended.

Spoiler: Show More

Indeed, this is truly a groundbreaking feature.

Terror Only wrote:made me laught. i wonder why do people keep playing that map if all 1 shot-1 kill maps including this one are broken

Pretty much the whole game is broken at this point. I really enjoy 1 shot 1 kill maps.
Copy_

Postby Hikarikaze » 21 August 2016, 09:06

Definitely a feature

But seriously, with practice on how to lead targets, this shouldn't be a major problem
Hikarikaze
Noir Lime [600]

Postby Copy_ » 21 August 2016, 09:10

Hikarikaze wrote:with practice on how to lead targets, this shouldn't be a major problem

So you're saying that a broken hit detection isn't a major problem?

I know that you can adjust your aim to lag. I can do it.

But this isn't even the problem sometimes. In this video these people were perfectly unlaggy players yet, the hit's didn't recognize.

Even if you can adjust ur aim to lag, it still doesn't mean that this is the way it's supposed to be.
Copy_

Postby Hikarikaze » 21 August 2016, 19:24

Copy_ wrote:
Hikarikaze wrote:with practice on how to lead targets, this shouldn't be a major problem

So you're saying that a broken hit detection isn't a major problem?

I know that you can adjust your aim to lag. I can do it.

But this isn't even the problem sometimes. In this video these people were perfectly unlaggy players yet, the hit's didn't recognize.

Even if you can adjust ur aim to lag, it still doesn't mean that this is the way it's supposed to be.

I didn't say it wasn't a major problem, I said it shouldn't be a major problem if you know how to counter it

The hit detection isn't broken - it works perfectly for client sided synchronization. The real problem here is that the wrong type of synchronization is in the game hence incorrect hit registration. Unless you want to provide stronger servers, you have to simply deal with it.
Hikarikaze
Noir Lime [600]

Postby Copy_ » 21 August 2016, 19:53

Hikarikaze wrote:I didn't say it wasn't a major problem, I said it shouldn't be a major problem if you know how to counter it

The hit detection isn't broken - it works perfectly for client sided synchronization. The real problem here is that the wrong type of synchronization is in the game hence incorrect hit registration. Unless you want to provide stronger servers, you have to simply deal with it.

Yeah, I worded that wrong with shouldn't be a major problem. Sorry.

I think you know more about this then I do.

What I still don't understand is, why this problem seems to have gotten worse over the years? Did the servers go worse, or something perhaps? Or am I just imagining things?
Copy_

Postby Hikarikaze » 21 August 2016, 20:02

Copy_ wrote:
Hikarikaze wrote:I didn't say it wasn't a major problem, I said it shouldn't be a major problem if you know how to counter it

Yeah, I worded that wrong with shouldn't be a major problem. Sorry.

I think you know more about this then I do.

What I still don't understand is, why this problem seems to have gotten worse over the years? Did the servers go worse, or something perhaps? Or am I just imagining things?

There's a lot to consider when talking about synchronization. The servers haven't gotten worse, but it hasn't improved either so the game is still client-sided until the servers are capable enough to handle everything that happens in MP. Sometimes overloads happen on servers and that contributes to what happens in the video. Same with any connection on the user's end.

The same thing in the video happens to me despite having 120-150 ping. Both the server and the connection on my end (or anyone else's if it happens for them too) are to blame. This sort of issue remained relatively the same with it sometimes worsening for the reasons I mentioned above. Maps like snipers and railwars get affected negatively since it requires leading and not just aiming at the target alone while maps with other weapons don't get affected as much (since you can just spray weapons at other people anyways).
Hikarikaze
Noir Lime [600]

Return to Fan Videos