Re: Plazma Burst 2

Postby Green eyed Demon » 9 January 2016, 20:32

This vid's priceless,good job (y)

Green eyed Demon

Postby guest-electric fish » 9 January 2016, 23:57

nice video.
Spoiler: Show More
now the show is over ladies and gentlemen !!!! thanks for being here tonight and i really appriciette your presence so once again thank you very much and have an good night
guest-electric fish
Falkok [250]

Postby Silent Aurora » 10 January 2016, 19:06

Gotta admit though, the video was funny and I laughed soo much, especially the ending xD
Silent Aurora
Silent Aurora
Heavy Marine [900]

Postby Wardemption » 12 January 2016, 03:10

Damn lol. xD
Freedom's from, not to.
Wardemption
Falkok [250]

Postby pixelbyte » 14 January 2016, 03:57

Why does jeff always have to come across idiots like them

Hopefully You recover from pb2 cancer

Get better jeff

- pixel

pixelbyte

Postby mingo1 » 14 January 2016, 06:32

There was quite a bit of swearing and such, along with unnecessary calling out of certain people lol, but it didn't violate any rules.

Good video, I can easily understand this from a player perspective.
A lot of this community needs to change before we can all have fun again.

Though, no community is perfect.

I just see us getting better. Maybe my optimism blinds me, but I remain as so. I'm not giving up.
In 2-3 years, all the younger players will become smarter and more mature and such. That'll most likely be the end of the life cycle of this community as well. Maybe we can finish off strong?

We'll see.

With respect, insight, and choice,

...those are my thoughts.
mingo1
Administrator

Postby Yung Bladee2K » 14 January 2016, 09:04

This was funny but its OK,at least we're all ogres, you know fam?

mingo1 wrote:Maybe my optimism blinds me

No,not maybe, your optimism IS blinding you

Yung Bladee2K

Postby mingo1 » 14 January 2016, 11:05

Yung Bladee2K wrote:This was funny but its OK,at least we're all ogres, you know fam?

mingo1 wrote:Maybe my optimism blinds me

No,not maybe, your optimism IS blinding you

As my first post on this topic, I'm just not giving up.
I love this place for what it was but a lot of new faces are here too, I don't want to just let it crumble down.

We've gotta adapt.

now I believe you might be thinking "yeah mingo, adapt to the laggers, farmers, cheaters, ragers yeah right."
Though that's not the point.

I've gained the wonderful ability to be able to have fun on my own.
Exploring the barrage of singleplayer maps--time to myself on fun adventures.

When in multiplayer, sometimes I just turn off the chat and don't deal with the BS on a guest account (not on my mingo1 account, for staff needs I have to keep it on).

And +, I just know how to enjoy myself.
However, I'm aware why so many people think this place is toxic.
And I can't blame them for that, it's their opinion.

Once again, I remain optimistic, and if you say it blinds me--cool.
I don't actually care, because I'm having fun.

With respect, insight, and choice,

...those are my thoughts.
mingo1
Administrator

Postby Jeff1999 » 14 January 2016, 15:56

mingo1 wrote:There was quite a bit of swearing and such, along with unnecessary calling out of certain people lol, but it didn't violate any rules.

A year ago I put a video on the forums where I was cursing significantly less than in this one, I didn't call out anyone and I even put a small paragraph above it, informing that it contains cursing. Guess what happened. It got removed. This video doesn't have a warning and I curse like 2x more often. The fact that this video is not taken down shows inconsistency in the PB2 staff team and does nothing, but disappoint me.

If a video with significantly rarer cursing, no calling names and even a warning above is a violation of rules, then how in the living hell is this video not a violation of rules?.

mingo1 wrote:Good video, I can easily understand this from a player perspective.
A lot of this community needs to change before we can all have fun again.

Though, no community is perfect.

1) Yes, this is a good video compared to the effortless pile of cringe that is the PB2's youtube fanbase.

2) This community can't change and you can't change it either.

3) You're absolutely right, no community is perfect. Every community has it's jerks and trolls and hypocrites and...whatever. But what makes one community better than the other is how large is the percentage of jerks and trolls in that community, and if the community has any good parts to make up for the bad parts. To be blunt:

There's 2 types of communities:

a) Idiots, trolls, hypocrites, jerks > people with common sense

b) People with common sense > idiots, trolls, hypocrites, jerks

PB2 is the type a. It has a crap load of terrible people and the fact that the rest of the community is 8-year old kids is just something that doesn't make up for it.

mingo1 wrote:I just see us getting better. Maybe my optimism blinds me, but I remain as so. I'm not giving up.

Keep dreaming.

mingo1 wrote:In 2-3 years, all the younger players will become smarter and more mature and such. That'll most likely be the end of the life cycle of this community as well. Maybe we can finish off strong?

What are you talking about? We have PB2.5 and even PB3 coming up rather soon. This 'life cycle' ain't close to finishing. By the time the younger players become smarter, they will already be overwhelmed by new younger players. This cringe cycle has no end until the PB franchise itself ends.

mingo1 wrote:We'll see.

Is there ever going to exist a cure for cancer? Let us see.
Jeff1999
Recruit

Postby nexir » 14 January 2016, 18:51

Nice video, keep up the good work :)
nexir
Recruit

Postby monkeyman2535 » 15 January 2016, 02:08

reported for profanity & bullying u bad man
✿✿✿~*.:тнσѕє αяє му тнσυgнтѕ:.*~✿✿✿
monkeyman2535
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby Ilmarinen » 15 January 2016, 04:57

Ironic though that you're calling out this community as cancer but your forum posts are all negative. You talk of cringe, cancer, immature kids, inconsistencies with staff, only ever problems problems problems, doom and gloom.

As you said, there are always "Idiots, trolls, hypocrites, jerks" in a community, and a good community has less of them. Well, maybe you could contribute to decreasing the number of these "Idiots, trolls, hypocrites, jerks" by simply removing yourself.

Guess the video is funny though.
~ Ilmarinen ~
Ilmarinen
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby shadowstorm122 » 15 January 2016, 05:16

Jeff you were just like them a year ago.
shadowstorm122
Falkok [250]

Postby Jeff1999 » 15 January 2016, 11:26

Ilmarinen wrote:Ironic though that you're calling out this community as cancer but your forum posts are all negative. You talk of cringe, cancer, immature kids, inconsistencies with staff, only ever problems problems problems, doom and gloom.

This argument is only based on the 3 (now 4) forum posts that I've made on this current forum. Do you know that there have been other forums before this one? Ask anyone who has played this game for a while, and they will tell you that the PB2 forums have been through a lot of problems and continuous restarts.

In the earlier forum versions I've had hundreds of posts mainly focusing on uploading montages, participating in a few forum games and fan art, where I was giving advice to some of the artists and posting a couple of my own drawings as well. It was only when this version of the forums started again when I became tired of this community I was supporting all this time.

Of course, there's no way you could've known that so I'm not going to quote you on this anymore...

Ilmarinen wrote:As you said, there are always "Idiots, trolls, hypocrites, jerks" in a community, and a good community has less of them. Well, maybe you could contribute to decreasing the number of these "Idiots, trolls, hypocrites, jerks" by simply removing yourself.

1) Nice burn

2) If it was my 3 forum posts that made you think that I'm a hypocrite or whatever, then I've sort of already explained myself

3) I've already left, I just came back for a couple minutes to see if it would maybe have improved, it obviously didn't.

4) I am only a jerk/troll or whatever to those who either dislike me or are very, very ignorant/annoying. This community consists of both, so...make your assumptions...

Ilmarinen wrote:Guess the video is funny though.

Thanks...I guess...
Jeff1999
Recruit

Postby yi en » 20 January 2016, 10:39

all right, nowadays your videos are being telling us the problem the PB 2 community. keep it up! the history needs you!
yi en
Civil Security Boss [500]

Postby Silent Aurora » 21 January 2016, 12:47

Your video also mainly focuses on the bad side of the community. Ever tried looking at the bright sides?
Silent Aurora
Silent Aurora
Heavy Marine [900]

Postby Jeff1999 » 21 January 2016, 21:01

Silent Aurora wrote:Your video also mainly focuses on the bad side of the community. Ever tried looking at the bright sides?

I'll quote again:

Ever tried looking at the bright sides?

One more time, please:

Ever tried?

For 3 years I've been trying my best to ignore the cancerous parts of the community (almost all of it) and THIS is the question I get when I'm showing how tired I am of doing it.

Your 'ever tried' phrase makes an impression that you think that ALL MY VIDEOS are me talking negative things about the game.

Of course, that's most probably not how you meant to say it so I'll answer the actual, important part of the question.

Your video also mainly focuses on the bad side of the community.

The video 'mainly' focuses on the bad side of the community because it 'mainly' doesn't have any good sides to begin with. If you want a detailed explanation why, then that would require a separate post.

My recent videos show my displeasure with the PB2 community and are 'mainly' showing things that I want there to be fixed as there's no point in mentioning something that's good and doesn't need fixing.

Of course, the community is so cancerous that it can't even be fixed, so instead of requesting these fixes, I just make fun of everything the fanbase has to offer. It makes a good laugh.
Jeff1999
Recruit

Postby Silent Aurora » 21 January 2016, 21:09

First of all, you are being pessimistic.

Second of all, you make fun of it? How is that any better than how you picture the community as 'cancerous'? Are you not overgeneralising it now?

So you say you want to fix them, well making fun of them doesn't help. Stop whining about it if you say there's no solution, so how about you just stop wasting your time making fun of it and just move on eh?
Silent Aurora
Silent Aurora
Heavy Marine [900]

Postby Jeff1999 » 22 January 2016, 11:41

Silent Aurora wrote:First of all, you are being pessimistic.

My pessimism is closer to realism than your optimism is. My melancholic perspective on this community's future is justified and has proper reasoning behind it.

The reason I'm so pessimistic is because this is a flash game that anyone can access. Even if we were to literally kick out every cancerous person, new ones would come and take their place. It's the inevitable future for any flash game there is.

Silent Aurora wrote:Second of all, you make fun of it? How is that any better than how you picture the community as 'cancerous'? Are you not overgeneralising it now?

I make fun of cancerous things. That's what they're there for. Communities as bad as this cannot improve no matter how much you try and it makes a really good laugh.

Silent Aurora wrote:So you say you want to fix them, well making fun of them doesn't help. Stop whining about it if you say there's no solution, so how about you just stop wasting your time making fun of it and just move on eh?

1) You're taking this WAY out of context. I never stated that making fun of it would help. I just said I want fixes, but I know very well that they're just not going to happen because of the reasons stated above, so I make fun of the community because it's so hilariously bad. The fact that there's no solution makes it so much funnier.

2) If you see my videos as whining, then your posts on this topic can be considered whining as well. This means that someone who's whining is telling someone else to stop whining. See the hypocrisy?

3) I like to make fun of cancerous things, so I will only stop once it becomes better guess when that's going to happen.
Jeff1999
Recruit

Next

Return to Fan Videos