Matriarch Android

Share your PB2-related Still Art here!

Matriarch Android

Postby Silk1 » 18 June 2020, 18:54

This was made like a month ago, I forgot to post it. whoopsies!

Bonus stuff! This was sent in Discord before, this version has updated texts haha.

Extra Note(just for discord members): I have decided not to use Discord now for a while because I felt I wasn't fit in the Discord community.(eh no one probably cares) I might take a break or stop making maps soon since the PC is pretty much limitting me as well. Don't worry , I still make arts and I will send it here as I can!
woo wee wee woo
Silk1
Android T-01187 [200]

Re: Matriarch Android

Postby phsc » 18 June 2020, 21:20

this is well made, however it goes beyond pb2's style i believe, you added too much shading to it and shading is very rarely used in PB2's artstyle, and when it is used it's not constant, not like it looks bad or it is poorly made but i think it would look weird ingame near characters that do not have that style of shading, however the design itself is pretty nice

but other than the fanart, "I have decided not to use Discord now for a while because I felt I wasn't fit in the Discord community", why would you let other people control your own preferences? i mean, i dont really know what you mean by that, because the discord community has a ton of very different people and groups, i myself probably would say i don't fit in but i don't think that is a valid reason to leave, you provide some nice and actually interesting stuff to casually see, like the weapons u were showing yesterday (or today depending on where you are from? idk), if you explain more maybe i can understand but i think it is a weird move to pull out
phsc
Noir Lime [600]

Postby Silk1 » 19 June 2020, 10:57

phsc wrote:this is well made, however it goes beyond pb2's style i believe, you added too much shading to it and shading is very rarely used in PB2's artstyle, and when it is used it's not constant, not like it looks bad or it is poorly made but i think it would look weird ingame near characters that do not have that style of shading, however the design itself is pretty nice

but other than the fanart, "I have decided not to use Discord now for a while because I felt I wasn't fit in the Discord community", why would you let other people control your own preferences? i mean, i dont really know what you mean by that, because the discord community has a ton of very different people and groups, i myself probably would say i don't fit in but i don't think that is a valid reason to leave, you provide some nice and actually interesting stuff to casually see, like the weapons u were showing yesterday (or today depending on where you are from? idk), if you explain more maybe i can understand but i think it is a weird move to pull out

I don't know how to explain this, but whenever there's a conversation happening, I tried to join the conversation but I felt like people are ignoring me. Also, current Discord community in PB2 is basically 'ohohoho look at this meme I sent at #general, pretty cool right???' and 'ooooooh pb2 netcode is gonna end pb2' and stuff. I always thought people think of me as a 'degenerate' because the way I talk, the things I just did at 2019 (I deeply regretted this) and probably more. I don't know why but I always think my arts as 'the fantasy version that shouldn't exist in PB2' and seeing other people arts as a very 'military stuff' that could exist in pb2'. Custom factions, lore and stuff. I usually just made stuff that I referenced from older games I played, pretty much a lot of RPG and Castlevania series. I don't like people calling out I'm playing pb2 on 'low display quality' mode. I mean the settings are made for potato devices.

I think this is all I can talk about, sorry if it's a bit of a mess. I'm just gonna take a break on Discord until I decided to join back(or not)
woo wee wee woo
Silk1
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby phsc » 19 June 2020, 23:58

Silk1 wrote:I don't know how to explain this, but whenever there's a conversation happening, I tried to join the conversation but I felt like people are ignoring me.

that doesnt only happen with you, a very important thing to know is that, not all conversations are the same, most of the time its better to talk when its less active or theres a topic that most people are not used to, or when theres like an actual discussion, but people end up ignoring a lot of people because of how often theres a ton of msgs sent and how some people dont really want actual conversation

Silk1 wrote:Also, current Discord community in PB2 is basically 'ohohoho look at this meme I sent at #general, pretty cool right???' and 'ooooooh pb2 netcode is gonna end pb2' and stuff.

and that is imo what kills the server, people keep spamming memes and random shit, which is very annoying when theres a discussion going on, the netcode thing is valid within the right circunstances but i mean people really like spamming their opinions, there was this dude today who kept spamming that dislikes anime or like weebs or whatever, who the deliciously exquisite pizza sauce cares? and why spam it

Silk1 wrote:I always thought people think of me as a 'degenerate' because the way I talk, the things I just did at 2019 (I deeply regretted this) and probably more.

wym? im actually curious, you seem like a pretty normal person in the way you talk, what did you make in 2019? im actually curious, why do you regret it? by the way, small thing but, you should feel better if you think you improved, if you dont look at the past you with shame that means you probably didnt really evolve a lot

Silk1 wrote:I don't know why but I always think my arts as 'the fantasy version that shouldn't exist in PB2' and seeing other people arts as a very 'military stuff' that could exist in pb2'.

what i was talking about is mostly the colouring and shadowing, its not like this design couldnt fit pb2, its just that because of the way its colored it would look weird compared to the ingame characters we have

Silk1 wrote:Custom factions, lore and stuff. I usually just made stuff that I referenced from older games I played, pretty much a lot of RPG and Castlevania series.

thats pretty cool, did you ever consider modding pb2? adding your characters and maybe making maps with them, this might be made easier if a project of mine ends up happening

Silk1 wrote:I don't like people calling out I'm playing pb2 on 'low display quality' mode. I mean the settings are made for potato devices.

wym? you play at low and people... call you out? ive never seen this happen w anyone, doesnt seem to make a lot of sense to me, back then at least youd get some advantages playing at low, by back then i mean rly back then

Silk1 wrote:I think this is all I can talk about, sorry if it's a bit of a mess. I'm just gonna take a break on Discord until I decided to join back(or not)

i think you should keep an eye out and try to get into interesting conversations instead of just leaving, its rare but its there
phsc
Noir Lime [600]

Postby darkstar 1 » 25 June 2020, 11:01

The android looks cool but the shading looks off like phsc said.
Maybe linear- and a more subtle shading along with some brightness variation in the outer armor, like the sword bot in pb:fttp, could work.

darkstar 1
Proxy [700]

Return to Still Art