Here's my attempt at an SLC-style skin.

Android SLC-53 "Juggernaut"
Transparent background
Spoiler: Show More

White background

HHL-59 (Weapon)

I feel like I've seen this somewhere else before but can't remember where so sorry if I subconsciously stole someone's work.

Android holding weapon
Sometimes draws ponies
Sometimes draws ponies
Sometimes draws ponies
ditzy
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Re: Heavy Android

Postby Lance Ryder Wilson » 8 July 2018, 14:57

Look's incredibly amazing!!!

Good Work!

Lance Ryder Wilson
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby wreak » 8 July 2018, 18:15

Looks great, I would make the head a bit bigger though.
wreak
wreak
Civil Security Boss [500]

Postby lostmydollar » 8 July 2018, 19:33

More like a "fat android". Whats the point of adding more metal to it? If you want it to be 100% bulletproof then wouldnt it be more logical to improve the quality/composition of this metal instead of just making its body fat and clumsy? Androids were meant for good mobility you know. Also wont the chestplate be a problem for this andoid to look down? It looks like if he tries to tie his shoes his eye would get stuck in it lol. Other problem is the size of its elbow, um, zone. It seems too weak to hold the hand in its place and to carry weapons and do other things.
lostmydollar
Falkok [250]

Postby ditzy » 8 July 2018, 21:47

This is going to be a long one.

lostmydollar wrote:More like a "fat android". Whats the point of adding more metal to it? If you want it to be 100% bulletproof then wouldnt it be more logical to improve the quality/composition of this metal instead of just making its body fat and clumsy?

Within the PB2 universe, stronger suits generally have more armour and as a result are much heavier.
i.e. lite battlesuit - heavy battlesuit, CS-Lite - CS-Heavy, Falkok - Falkok Boss

The SLC-56's plating doesn't actually cover its entire body, so it is still rather exposed. You can increase the durability of the armor but it doesn't help that its stomach region is unprotected.

lostmydollar wrote: Androids were meant for good mobility you know.

I'd imagine this to be more of a prototype android, hence its serial number being lower than the SLC-56. It wouldn't be unreasonable for any faction to create multiple different prototypes before settling for a version that it deems suits its needs best. Again it wouldn't be unreasonable that a faction may want a specialized unit for direct engagements, where heavier armour may be preferred.

If you look back at the PB2 universe, the SLC-56 is the only android with fast mobility. The other androids (albeit not in the same series as the SLC) have a regular mobility factor.

lostmydollar wrote:Also wont the chestplate be a problem for this andoid to look down? It looks like if he tries to tie his shoes his eye would get stuck in it lol.

Keeping in mind that the android is supposed to be heavily armoured, the chestplate is meant to protect its neck. Judging by the way the android is built, I assumed that its main sensors and optics would be located in its head. You wouldn't want the neck exposed, or decapitating it would effectively disable it. Yes, the chestplate does decrease its range of sight, but that's the sacrifice for a better protected head/neck.

lostmydollar wrote:Other problem is the size of its elbow, um, zone. It seems too weak to hold the hand in its place and to carry weapons and do other things.

I think this is your best point thus far. The arm is admittedly thin, which I based off of the SLC-56.That's not to say the arm is good just because a canon character has it. However, it could imply that there are metals strong enough to support the weight of its arms.
Last edited by ditzy on 22 July 2018, 19:36, edited 1 time in total.
Sometimes draws ponies
Sometimes draws ponies
Sometimes draws ponies
ditzy
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Postby Agent Delta » 19 July 2018, 18:42

Its armor could be smaller for mobility and still have a good defense like the CS bosss or Noir Lime's armor.
Agent Delta
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby MaximusInot » 27 April 2022, 00:35

i like the androids slcs
MaximusInot

Postby broforce1 » 17 May 2022, 15:21

might be better if u made a heavy version of Android T-01187 instead of Android SLC-56, I agree the fact that android SLC has the ability to sprint faster than regular so i guess the T-011 is a better option since that it has no special abilities.
[[hmmmmhmAYYUHhhhwassauupp] [/broo] [/ur a [gayr]
broforce1
Proxy [700]

Postby Nozzle » 17 May 2022, 19:10

This robot, more like brutal tbh :o
We do a little waiting for pb2.5/3.

Nozzle
Civil Security Lite [100]

Return to Still Art