Weapon Set #6

Share your PB2-related Still Art here!

Weapon Set #6

Postby Hikarikaze » 29 January 2016, 08:59

Not much for this set. I want to focus on both of the factions I made, so I made one weapon for each plus an extra weapon I threw in here for no valid reason. The theme here is competitive weaponry, and how weapons can make a difference; competitive in that they're advanced to a point where there's no advantage nor a disadvantage over the other, relatively speaking in terms of the belonging factions and their respective units.

Edit 1/30/16: I named the weapons and wrote the backstory for the first two weapons. TSR Prime has a backstory too but since it's not actually for PB2/2.5, I won't really post it here.

Spoiler: Show More
Open on a new tab

Weapon name: Equinox Precision Laser Rifle

A long-range direct energy rifle with a charge up build time before it fires. This weapon deals massive damage per shot and outperforms the Heavy Railgun in DPS tenfold.

Not as many details here because I honestly couldn't be bothered to add a whole bunch of detail to this gun.

Stats
Firing mode: Charge (2 seconds to charge up)
Rate of fire: 0.5 rounds per second (1 per two seconds)
Projectile color: Red
Magazine (if applicable): 8
Accuracy: Near pinpoint accuracy

Open on a new tab

Weapon name: Archacomynt

An assault rifle that sports both an impressive damage output and rate of fire. It's essentially a LMG/heavy caliber rifle in the form of an assault rifle. Inspired moderately by the Soma from Warframe.

Stats
Firing mode: Automatic
Rate of fire: Same as the C-01r
Projectile color: Blue
Magazine (if applicable): 42
Accuracy: Slightly more accurate than the CS-RC

Open on a new tab

Warframe meets Destiny with the improved Stranger's Rifle Prime. Why would I make something like this? Because I can.

Notable changes statistic wise include a slightly higher damage input, higher RoF and magazine capacity, and much higher accuracy. It suffers from lower penetration and slightly slower bullet speeds however.

Stats
Firing mode: Automatic
Rate of fire: Same as the C-01r (compared to the original and slower rate of fire equaling that to the CS-RC)
Projectile color: Yellow/gold
Magazine (if applicable): 48 (compared to the original 28)
Accuracy: 7.5% less accurate than the Alien Rifle

I probably won't get any progress done with set #7 for a while. Now if you'll excuse me, I'll be hiding in the shadows while my remaining Acolytes do all of the work for me like always.

---
Backstories:

Weapon: Equinox Precision Laser Rifle

The EPLR utilizes augmented versions of special shock cores, which allow the weapon to charge up faster and project more energy to the target at hand. Unfortunately, since the shock cores that were copied off of were still in their prototype and development stages, the charge up time is still higher than expected, though the energy output is staggering in terms of damage projection. The required amount of energy, however, is fairly low, making overheating a negligible issue when it comes to prolonged usage. To combat this, cooling systems of foreign design have been installed to mitigate as much heat being transmitted as much as possible, allowing for extended lifetime of the gun.

The rifle is equipped with standard holographic sights, which come with a rangefinder reticle for easier prediction for hitting targets at longer range - a tool useful for those who want to engage targets at a more comfortable position from afar. Identification systems wired straight to the HUD through a network allows the weapon and operator alike to quickly identify targets between friend and foe - enemies will be outlined in red while allies will be outlined in blue. Data uplinks allow this information to be transferred to other operatives, allowing for tactical dominance over the enemy.

The laser is derived from a crystal which reflects off multiple beams of light energy converging from internal modules that convert any form of energy into light to mirrored plates that reflect the beams onto the crystal, which then reflects those beams to create one large beam. This energy conversion allows the weapon to take any kind of energy - solar, electric, etc - and convert it into light at any given time, allowing for nearly infinite 'ammunition.' As this is light, the velocity is nearly unimaginable - given that the speed remains constant over time, one beam can deal catastrophic damage. The temperature of the beam is what causes this sort of damage, which is 500 times the temperature for a 100w laser beam. Armor plating that can handle such temperatures is sufficient for countering shots, but can easily be defeated by multiple shots regardless; otherwise, these beams can tear through nearly anything it desires. When fired at human targets, the sheer temperature of the beams alone will literally lacerate, if not vaporize, them entirely.

Weapon: Archacomynt

The Archacomynt is a rifle not of any race belonging to this system. Each shot is an echo for an ominous call - a threat that will leave nothing standing. Each shot is a secret kept hidden for eternity, and each wielder is a master over reality.

The rifle is not human made nor does it match the design of any known aliens that habit the solar system. Research has led to nearly nothing, but humans have attempted to make thier own offshoot versions of this weapon, seeing it as a potential combat platform.

The feeding system is like any ordinary modern rifle, but the mechanism is entirely different from archaic ballistics weaponry. Fed by a 42 round magazine, the Archacomynt unleashes devastating firepower in a matter of seconds. The projectile, a bullet made up of an unknown synthetic material, is actually in front of the gap in the receiver, where it receives energy directly fed to it. Once the energy accretion is complete - a process that is nearly instantaneous - the bullet travels at a phenomenal velocity, leaving behind life-threatening wounds for those on the receiving end of the Archacomynt. No material is safe from these projectiles as they'll simply travel through as if the material was not actually there.

A horrific design, the Archacomynt has seen combat service unlike no other. As the standard rifle for its creators, the weapon has been proven as effective in sieges against other species and has contributed towards the conquest of multiple systems. It is safe to conclude that this weapon was simply designed to destroy in the most efficient and brutal way possible, wiping out all traces of life in its nearly unstoppable wake.
Last edited by Hikarikaze on 31 January 2016, 07:41, edited 2 times in total.
Hikarikaze
Noir Lime [600]

Re: Weapon Set #6

Postby KARL SERG » 29 January 2016, 13:23

For some unrelated Reason, the last Rifle Reminds me of the Inquisition (the Colors may be to blame).

Good job. If I were tp say how much I like each of them, the order would be from bottom to top (I like the last one the most and the last one the least, but that doesn't mean it doesn't look good).
KARL SERG
Civil Security Ghost [400]

Postby guest-electric fish » 29 January 2016, 13:30

Wow.the drawings of yours dear hikarlkaze is very impressive and very good design.you can be a animator
now the show is over ladies and gentlemen !!!! thanks for being here tonight and i really appriciette your presence so once again thank you very much and have an good night
guest-electric fish
Falkok [250]

Postby Silent Aurora » 29 January 2016, 16:52

colour scheme is nice, but pls don't be lazy I want to see detail on the first one, ill give you a cookie man.
Silent Aurora
Silent Aurora
Heavy Marine [900]

Postby Green eyed Demon » 29 January 2016, 20:18

Holy crap,they look epic

Green eyed Demon

Postby Hikarikaze » 30 January 2016, 18:24

KARL SERG wrote:For some unrelated Reason, the last Rifle Reminds me of the Inquisition (the Colors may be to blame).

Good job. If I were tp say how much I like each of them, the order would be from bottom to top (I like the last one the most and the last one the least, but that doesn't mean it doesn't look good).

The color scheme isn't really a choice, since it's a replication of the design style, but thanks.

guest-electric fish wrote:Wow.the drawings of yours dear hikarlkaze is very impressive and very good design.you can be a animator

Glad you think it's impressive. I could've tried animation with these but I never got around to it.

Silent Aurora wrote:colour scheme is nice, but pls don't be lazy I want to see detail on the first one, ill give you a cookie man.

It was like 1 AM when I started making these so I couldn't really decide what to add as detail. The version in the OP's my attempt to add some sort of detail to it.

Green eyed Demon wrote:Holy crap,they look epic

Too OP

KLMJETWORK wrote:I don't really like the look of the first three as I dislike the design of the FAMAS which looks like it was influences in their design.

The last on looks the best, but what happened to the trigger guard or whatever it is called?

Well, I assure you that the FAMAS had no influence in these designs nor in any design I've made so far.

The first weapon's mechanics are based off the Opticor, and the design's based off a sniper rifle concept for Warframe, the second is based off the Soma without the extremely lengthy magazine and the AK platform partially, and the third's just a modified Stranger's Rifle.

As for the trigger guard, there was no trigger guard on the original so I decided to opt for a pistol trigger guard. That's why it looks a bit weird.
Hikarikaze
Noir Lime [600]

Postby xXsniper10700Xx » 30 January 2016, 22:22

Ok I am just going to say it I am not a big fan of 2 but 1 and 3 as badass. So 8/10
"Innovation comes with a small sacrifice." ~some famous inventor
"Fire and explosives should fix it." ~ Sniper10700
Put a we Bit of Scrumpy in it and it should be fine and dandy.
xXsniper10700Xx
Recruit

Postby Hikarikaze » 30 January 2016, 22:55

xXsniper10700Xx wrote:Ok I am just going to say it I am not a big fan of 2 but 1 and 3 as badass. So 8/10

Why not? It'd be nice if you can tell what's wrong or what you dislike about 2 so I can improve later on.
Hikarikaze
Noir Lime [600]

Postby shadowstorm122 » 31 January 2016, 05:04

Neat guns hik but what faction would they belong in?
shadowstorm122
Falkok [250]

Postby Hikarikaze » 31 January 2016, 05:46

shadowstorm122 wrote:Neat guns hik but what faction would they belong in?

They wouldn't be in any of the existing factions. That's why I created two factions in the first place xD

The gray/blue faction opposes Usurpations and is neutral to humans unless provoked.
The black/red faction opposes Correction 9 more than anyone, but is usually neutral to enemies unless provoked.
Hikarikaze
Noir Lime [600]

Return to Still Art