Military Base [1] - "Rock Island Arsenal" [Open Source]

Multiplayer Maps here.

Military Base [1] - "Rock Island Arsenal" [Open Source]

Postby Jason Eden » 24 March 2019, 20:12

Map name: Military Base [1] - "Rock Island Arsenal"
Map ID: jason eden-mb1
Map description: A simple base map for 8 players.
Map Page Link: https://www.plazmaburst2.com/?s=9&a=&m= ... &id=930542
Map Demo Link: https://www.plazmaburst2.com/?s=2&map=jason%20eden-mb1

Screenshot:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update 30/03/2019:

1) Armory door now opens faster.
2) Changed a few backgrounds.
3) Added a canteen.
4) Added a shooting range.

Map now contains 950+ elements, which is quite heavy. So I will probably not update it again anytime in future. When it reaches 26 votes, I will open source it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update 01/04/2019:

Map has reached 26 votes and now open sourced.
Last edited by Jason Eden on 1 April 2019, 20:02, edited 2 times in total.
Jason Eden
Falkok [250]

Re: Military Base [1] - "Rock Island Arsenal"

Postby phsc » 24 March 2019, 21:59

This map sucks.

First, since you believe in absolute beauty, I will use my concepts, that is also the concepts that seem to be similar to the following people: Ditzy, Druddigon, Chx and flora.

First, this is a thing you seem to put a lot in your maps, and it sucks, it's ugly, it does not make sense, it breaks the realistic aspect, I cannot even tell what it is and what it is for, and it is not even comfortable, this kind of thing, is it supposed to be transition doors? what the deliciously exquisite pizza sauce?

Also here, but in this case it is even worst, because it is terrible at gunfight, one just gets stuck and the other has to rush with an advatnege, mostly if it is top to bottom, which makes no sense since bottom can only be invaded by the god himself, and the prisoner can be shot from both cases easily.

The size of this, this is just terrible, too small, not proportional to PB2 players and not even to the rest of the map.

Same for here, the beds are so boring, all black, do you see beds that are all black in real life? including the deliciously exquisite pizza sauce pillows or simple part where you put your head? if that is like stone or metal how much would that hurt after you wake up? rEaLiSm
Even then, why would there be beds near chairs and not in a different room?

These stairs are annoying, they are terrible to move in, uncomfortable, but not only that, unrealistic, in real life the ceiling aprt starts to go down a little bit after the stairs themselves, but in your case it does not look stairs, more like a crappy ramp.
https://gyazo.com/787fdb813b02cede641463fe4530f65a

sPeEd, rEaLiSm, it takes deliciously exquisite pizza sauce over 5 seconds to open a door in real life.
https://gyazo.com/f9ad150cde7915d0a64818682ce2c611

The color scheme does not fit, I see what you tried to do but it still looks terrible because of the bg choice,

Now what the deliciously exquisite pizza sauce? why is the stairs ending as in a floor down bellow? why does it look so thicc? it is also not even symetrical like:

What I was talking about:

Why is the text deliciously exquisite pizza sauce floating? rEaLiSm! is it supposed to be like as in message in the sign with the ...? why not make the sign bigger? the text smaller? wtf?

The height of these rooms would be too big compared to the main base ones, also it looks realy not realistic for it to be broken like that

AND EVEN THEN WHO WOULD BUILD A BIG BASE OR A BIG BUILDING TO PUT NOTHING ON IT AND WHY

Same for here, real life mountains or hills don't work like this mr. Eden

You're very likely going to ignore me again because you're narcissistic and even if you reply you're going to use the same concept - your narcissism - as your "argument"

I find that really lovely, as you're the one who wrote that and... well, you made this and that other map of yours that has been approved.
In a general way, a boring map, with nothing special, nothing to do, there is no fun, you're very likely going to spam it so it gets popular as you did with that approved map of yours but keep in mind that, popularity → ¬ quality ∧ ∃
phsc
Noir Lime [600]

Postby ditzy » 24 March 2019, 22:08

phsc wrote:The size of this, this is just terrible, too small, not proportional to PB2 players and not even to the rest of the map.

Seems proportionate to me, but still on the small side.
phsc wrote:Same for here, the beds are so boring, all black, do you see beds that are all black in real life? including the deliciously exquisite pizza sauce pillows or simple part where you put your head? if that is like stone or metal how much would that hurt after you wake up? rEaLiSm
Even then, why would there be beds near chairs and not in a different room?

Seems to be an a e s t h e t i c where all the furniture in the room is black. I think it's kind of nice.

I don't really have much to say about this map. It's a fairly straightforward design, with a few fun quirks.
Nerf the CR-45. >:l
Sometimes draws ponies
Sometimes draws ponies
Sometimes draws ponies
ditzy
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Postby phsc » 24 March 2019, 22:17

sIzE
the legs of the chair are too small compared to a real life one.

Also everything being black does not fit with the fact he uses small colored backgrounds near the USE buttons.

And also I think the color selection was terrible for the map, I like the gray but the green is ugly as deliciously exquisite pizza sauce, not only it is ugly as deliciously exquisite pizza sauce but the correlation betwen it and the gray is also terrible.
And even then if it is aesthetic make slighty change of color for things, to maybe even show depth or something.
phsc
Noir Lime [600]

Postby phsc » 24 March 2019, 22:29

Upon further testing, that size can work but then I think the top part is too uncomfortable, the angle if you consider the leg as like a circle and it is up you need to move it <90° which is not really comfortable the best chairs in my opinion are >90° as in for the leg position I mean pretty hard to explain, but one does not real the furthest area of the cahira nd I think it does not look proportional to the rest of the stuff on the map too.
tldr: betwen 45° and 90° can work but 90° is nice
phsc
Noir Lime [600]

Postby Jason Eden » 24 March 2019, 22:48

Resi wrote:I think this map could rival other bases if the doors were a tad faster, and the corridor the god spawns in would be brighter. I didn't even notice the door was open because the movable is black and it's dark.

Yep, Paul308-base for the win, boy.

ditzy wrote:
phsc wrote:-nonsense 1-

Seems proportionate to me, but still on the small side.
phsc wrote:-nonsense 2-

Seems to be an a e s t h e t i c where all the furniture in the room is black. I think it's kind of nice.

I don't really have much to say about this map. It's a fairly straightforward design, with a few fun quirks.
Nerf the CR-45. >:l

You understand the concept. That's great. Shows that you have brains (unlike some other people). Nerfed the Crossfire for you.
Jason Eden
Falkok [250]

Postby Build » 26 March 2019, 17:28

This map is not bad at all I like this very nice work Buddy.
Build
Falkok [250]

Postby Oriental » 27 March 2019, 00:01

phsc wrote:I love these people who do useless praise comments on things.

Ok you love it anyway :)
phsc wrote:"i like this and i think its nice but like i don't think about things!!11"

It's remainly my opinion to like this map or not
Not sure if that's useless to you?! :/
Oriental
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Postby ZapruderFilm » 29 March 2019, 17:09

Hi. I've deleted a few posts from Phsc. Let's stay on topic. Also, PHSC and Jason Eden, I don't have time to read your back-and-forth's 3 times a week and try and decide who is right here. Your essays are far too long. Either learn to get along, or AVOID eachother. Next time I have to get involved, there will be consequences. First and last warning.

Also Jason Eden, stop sending me messages and deleting them please.

Edit: When I say consequences, I mean it.
ZapruderFilm

Left PB2 Staff to join Dark Clan.

ZapruderFilm
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby phsc » 29 March 2019, 20:22

Zap, so let me explain how it works:

I make critics for Jason because he is a "perfectionist", he ignores them and I just want to make people know how much of a hypocrite and a ignorant person he is, one that does not try to follow reason and a narcissist(according to the DSM-5), and that abuses many fallacies with a massive superiority complex while after all one could say he is even inferior easily, then he by calling it nonsense and giving crappy ad hominems tries to make so it looks like what I am saying makes no sense but in reality it is his speech that is fallacious, and I'm just pointing that, but I just wanted to play the games on his rules, if we are going to purely discuss ethos instead of logos let's do it, but he ignores it too, and I think people should know that.

But I will not lie, this is offtopic, but staff really didn't help by LOCKING MY APPROVAL TOPIC FOR PHSC-URBANWAR, which from my point of view is purely because tehswordninja was the one to see it and he does not like me, while one should've done what you and Sparken have done in the past which is delete offtopic messages.

To stay on topic, I will just mention a few other things.

Jason, you're the most hypocritical human being I've seen, you criticize most maps colour palletes and this map has that crappy done of green that does not transition well into the lower part of the base.
Another thing is that the map is plain, multiple areas with nothing, no variation in backgrounds, why is that tunnel so long? why so many empty spaces, why? why would anyone make a big building for that if we use the realistic aspect you seem to love on the game?

You will ignore me but that criticism is as valid as let's say the PMs you send to Ditzy, me and many other people, yet the crappy fallacious logic on your mind does not allow you to see it, I guess live in ignorance.
phsc
Noir Lime [600]

Postby ZapruderFilm » 30 March 2019, 02:08

ZapruderFilm wrote:Also, PHSC and Jason Eden, I don't have time to read your back-and-forth's 3 times a week and try and decide who is right here. Your essays are far too long. Either learn to get along, or AVOID eachother.
ZapruderFilm

Left PB2 Staff to join Dark Clan.

ZapruderFilm
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby Jason Eden » 30 March 2019, 15:32

Update:

1) Armory door now opens faster.
2) Changed a few backgrounds.
3) Added a canteen.
4) Added a shooting range.

Map now contains 950+ elements, which is quite heavy. So I will probably not update it again anytime in future. When it reaches 26 votes, I will open source it.

Jason Eden
Falkok [250]

Re: Military Base [1] - "Rock Island Arsenal" [Open Source]

Postby Jason Eden » 1 April 2019, 20:03

Map has reached 26 votes and now open sourced. Locking this topic now.
Jason Eden
Falkok [250]

Return to Multiplayer Maps