The Marine Clones - Part. 1

Singleplayer Maps here.

The Marine Clones - Part. 1

Postby Shadowysn » 1 February 2020, 09:19

Map name: The Marine Clones - Part. 1

Map ID: shadowysn-marine_clone_1

Map description:
Code: Select all
A lone Civil Security Ghost takes arms against the uncontrolled, hostile marine clones.
Your campaign progress marines weapons will be the starting equipment for your ghost, but theres a dropped pack of weapons available to you if your marine weapons arent desirable.

This map series takes some inspiration from the main campaign style, but it doesnt conform itself strictly to the campaign story and is mostly its own thing.

Forum topic for this map: https://www.plazmaburst2.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=134&t=23819

(Replies:
- Namer720 - Oops, those dead CSLs werent meant to be revived, they were just to serve as decorative unrevivable bodies.
It seems like you had Violence turned off so their body parts werent destroyed, rendering them revivable.

Ive went ahead and fixed that now.

Yeah, there is barely any talking in this map but thats because I followed the style of Erics Campaign maps. The Civil Security thats talking is the one you just revived, not the ghost.

- DMSwordsmaster - Well, Namer found a bug with reviving the corpses that were only meant for decoration, but at the least he shouldve gave around 3 stars for the rest of the map.)

Map Page Link: https://www.plazmaburst2.com/?s=9&a=&m= ... ne_clone_1
Map Demo Link: https://www.plazmaburst2.com/?s=2&map=s ... ne_clone_1

Brief Description:
Simple single-player campaign-styled map where you fight against Marine clones.
I figured it was getting barely any attention so I posted here.

Other maps in the series:
marine_clone_2
Last edited by Shadowysn on 11 February 2021, 20:07, edited 4 times in total.

Shadowysn
Recruit

Re: The Marine Clones - Part. 1

Postby Namer720 » 4 February 2020, 21:37

We started badly, with a CSL with 0 life with which we can use me defib to revive it... this looks very bad... after that, a door that is too thin to be something normal. I found another dead CSL that i can revive, then I found a normal marine, who i kill and this becomes an ally. OBIOUS, NO??

Then I teleport in a room full of Proxies, along with a dead alien and an android also dead. Then I find a door that opens like a simple door, then I find a flying CSL, I relive it, and they start talking (I didn't understand who speaks and who doesn't) and we go in the vehicle and the map end.

The map have MUCH LOGICS, making much lag.

Note: The forum topic no explain N O T H I N G.
Namer720
Recruit

Postby Shadowysn » 11 February 2020, 02:57

Namer720 wrote:We started badly, with a CSL with 0 life with which we can use me defib to revive it... this looks very bad... after that, a door that is too thin to be something normal. I found another dead CSL that i can revive, then I found a normal marine, who i kill and this becomes an ally. OBIOUS, NO??

Then I teleport in a room full of Proxies, along with a dead alien and an android also dead. Then I find a door that opens like a simple door, then I find a flying CSL, I relive it, and they start talking (I didn't understand who speaks and who doesn't) and we go in the vehicle and the map end.

You just copy-pasted your one and only experience with an older version of the map. The Living CSLs glitch shouldn't really be possible anymore.
Not expecting you to play through the map again, just adding some clarification to other readers of this post.

Namer720 wrote:The map have MUCH LOGICS, making much lag.

Now that I think about it, there was lag happening almost everywhere, although not to the extent of unplayable... Then again, most of the lag happened while I was on intense scenes. (bodies piling up, etc.)
Nothing I'm certain to fix though, it's kind of a big map with complexity, and losing that complexity's interactivity might make the map more stale.

Namer720 wrote:Note: The forum topic no explain N O T H I N G.

For this SP series, I don't plan to explain the story on very direct notices.

Shadowysn
Recruit

Postby Girl_Power » 11 February 2020, 06:21

You're off to a good start! I like how we get every single weapon (1-9) with MAX level upgrades. All I would say is; keep improving and work away!
Forever young, ever strong, ever brave.
Girl_Power
Noir Lime [600]

Postby Shadowysn » 11 February 2020, 06:32

Girl_Power wrote:You're off to a good start! I like how we get every single weapon (1-9) with MAX level upgrades. All I would say is; keep improving and work away!

Oof, it's actually your Marine's campaign progress weapons, I clarified it in the description.

Actually, now that you mentioned it, I should really test it with the starter weapons for when you play PB2 the first time.

Shadowysn
Recruit

Postby IforgotmypasswordHaHAA » 12 February 2020, 00:01

Shadowysn wrote:
Actually, now that you mentioned it, I should really test it with the starter weapons for when you play PB2 the first time.

Maybe you can add 3 additional upgraded weapons on the start (railgun, rocket launcher and CS-BNG perhaps?) you'd have if you completed all the pb2 campaign weapons in case someone hasn't played it yet.
IforgotmypasswordHaHAA
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby Shadowysn » 12 February 2020, 12:03

IforgotmypasswordHaHAA wrote:
Shadowysn wrote:

Maybe you can add 3 additional upgraded weapons on the start (railgun, rocket launcher and CS-BNG perhaps?) you'd have if you completed all the pb2 campaign weapons in case someone hasn't played it yet.

Well, I've now replaced the starter shotgun with a LVL 2 BNG. Hopefully people can now use it if they're in a tight spot.

I've already tested yesterday with the starter weapons and I almost died once, but completed the map.
But because I had the knowledge of the npcs, how they work, their placements, etc. I doubt that a new, actual PB2 starter would fare better than me.

Shadowysn
Recruit

Return to Singleplayer Maps