Pushers not preventing DM Spawns

Report any bugs here or ask questions here!

Pushers not preventing DM Spawns

Postby KuU » 1 November 2021, 22:03

Help
So, I was searching on how to prevent Deathmatch spawns and I saw that i had to use pushers
But when i used pushers to prevent spawns, people still spawned in bad ways

Why is that?

KuU
Cyber Grub [25]

Re: Pushers not preventing DM Spawns

Postby broforce1 » 2 November 2021, 17:34

have u tried adding pushing force values for Speed X/Y or stability damage or hitpoints damage.
[[hmmmmhmAYYUHhhhwassauupp] [/broo] [/ur a [gayr]
broforce1
Proxy [700]

Postby KuU » 2 November 2021, 23:31

broforce1 wrote:have u tried adding pushing force values for Speed X/Y or stability damage or hitpoints damage.

The thing is, i added pushers into base, so wouldn't it make the characters do hurt sounds?

KuU
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby KuU » 2 November 2021, 23:39

broforce1 wrote:have u tried adding pushing force values for Speed X/Y or stability damage or hitpoints damage.

It didn't work...

KuU
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby mrblake213 » 3 November 2021, 02:51

This usually occurs on small maps. It is usually because there is not a big space on where players can spawn in.
Perhaps, if you make the area on where there are no pushers bigger, it could work.
[center] [/center]
mrblake213
Proxy [700]

Postby KuU » 3 November 2021, 23:37

mrblake213 wrote:This usually occurs on small maps. It is usually because there is not a big space on where players can spawn in.
Perhaps, if you make the area on where there are no pushers bigger, it could work.

I made pushers as big as jupiter and yet they still didn't block DM spawns,
the biggest problem is that people usually spawn above the pushers, falling to their deaths.
What i mean is, players simply spawn outside the map sometimes, or possibly sometimes even IN the pushers

KuU
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby mrblake213 » 4 November 2021, 00:58

KuU wrote:I made pushers as big as jupiter and yet they still didn't block DM spawns,
the biggest problem is that people usually spawn above the pushers, falling to their deaths.
What i mean is, players simply spawn outside the map sometimes, or possibly sometimes even IN the pushers

I meant that the SPACE WITHOUT THE PUSHERS should be big enough that players have an area to spawn into.
Make the SPACE WITHOUT THE PUSHERS bigger, not the pushers themselves.
[center] [/center]
mrblake213
Proxy [700]

Postby mici1234 » 4 November 2021, 11:44

set up custom spawn, manage game yourself, game sucks a lot in handling spawns

mici1234
Recruit

Postby Ilmarinen » 9 November 2021, 05:23

In addition to what blake said and to illustrate this better, the game will try to spawn players away from other threats (enemy players, acid, in mid-air). If there is nowhere safe to spawn players it will spawn them inside pushing areas.

You should add a small amount of pushing force back towards the map if you're trying to create an 'out of bounds' area, but most important make sure there are lots of spawnable surfaces. Check this image (right click and open in new tab) for an illustration. The map on the left has too little space to spawn a player if there are enemies present, the map on the right has plenty of spaces to spawn players so it shouldn't try to spawn players in the pushing region.

Big Size: https://i.imgur.com/kjGRfR4.png
^ The blue areas show where a player can be spawned. They have to be flat wall surfaces too, so don't make your map of lots of doors or tiny blocks.

Also do a sanity check. Make sure it is definitely a pusher and not a region. Make sure you have not placed any player starting positions inside the pushing region.
~ Ilmarinen ~
Ilmarinen
Cyber Grub [25]

Return to Bug Reporting, Help & Support