Why my custom decor' image aren't being approved?

Report any bugs here or ask questions here!

Why my custom decor' image aren't being approved?

Postby marlook23 » 4 June 2021, 11:52

Hi, is been a while since a fullfilled my art work with the CS-103 model to move into approval review. The trouble here is that I,m not being canceled but putting on stand by because there it is, waiting months and nothing happens. Yeah if anyone is curious is totaly legal, it acomplish every part of the norms.

I usually check new stuff on the decor' menu and resend the request approval but again no changes.

Well, I think it would be nice to have an answer. Thanks.

marlook23
Cyber Grub [25]

Re: Why my custom decor' image aren't being approved?

Postby broforce1 » 4 June 2021, 18:58

im sure ur decor missed something important. just put values for resizing if ur decor is so big or too small, optionally u can also add offsets if u want to (for guns) but u can really just contact an admin on private to approve it anyway.
[[hmmmmhmAYYUHhhhwassauupp] [/broo] [/ur a [gayr]
broforce1
Proxy [700]

Postby Stryde » 4 June 2021, 19:12

Your custom decorations aren't being approved for 2 reasons:

1) Decoration approval is not an automatic process and requires manual review by approval team members to approve custom decorations. As I just checked the workshop, I found your decorations on there, and this is your problem. Rushing the approval team when theres over 40+ decoration submissions a day does not help get your decoration approved faster, and typically, you may have to wait anywhere from 4-5 days to get a decoration approved.

2) Your decorations do not meet the criteria for custom decorations submitted on the workshop. For this, you can be directed here: viewtopic.php?f=116&t=24537

Stryde

Postby marlook23 » 9 June 2021, 09:31

The first point is understandable but in my case is taking longer than 4-5 days. Like I said, months. Secondly, if my decor did not apply with the norms it wouldn't be allowed to release (what we know like red), thing that isn't. The only point that I can slightly take for valid is the "size part" but it gets desestimated because there's a lot of others works that have a really huge high/width being in reality comparable to the character's tall, (example: weapons). In my case it's normal to get a big size more if you see that is thougth to be a cargo plane...(and yeah, it has a "default" scale, 0.3)

The others criteria are being followed as usual: not violate the code of conduct, is my own creation, it has a transparent background, there isn't an image like mine, it has high quality, the name is not trademarked, name simple (CS-103), not simbol or trademarks.

The best thing is see another plane being released having the same size (Dropship F301-CS)

marlook23
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby mrmcshroom » 9 June 2021, 17:49

I wouldn't even bother having a discussion about decors with these people. They don't care about the game or preserving what community is left, for some reason they think now that the game is dying, its the perfect time to get super struct on decors to piss everyone off who's still willing to be here. I'll edit this later with some threads to prove it.

viewtopic.php?f=122&t=25507

mrmcshroom
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby marlook23 » 9 June 2021, 18:16

@mrmcshroom I've read it all. What a shame buddy.

The worst part is introducing yourself to a new art program, learning in some way how to perfom a new custom decoration and ...puff, not approved. Is like a bad joke, seriously, more when you aren't using that models only for a 5 minutes map. I've been working in my free time on a new type of maps for months, and when I need that simple thing, following every step of the norms, what I get? "You have to wait 4-5 days", I sent the decor' to be approved on Febraury.

Adding more things... you see a plane model being approved with the same scale and quality.... no comment

I get it moderators... you need a way to control the stuff that is currently being implemented on the custom menu, but come on, How I'm supposed to ask the error and reform the image to get approved if the only thing you gave me were 2 points and nothing direct like: "dude watch that colors, don't fit with the game mechanic" or "Can you make it to the character scale?" (this are examples).

The only thing that I request is know what is wrong and what must be changed, that's all. Okay?. It would make the way easier and me not having the same issues on the next time.

marlook23
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby Stryde » 9 June 2021, 22:44

You are complaining about a decoration that hasn't been rejected OR approved yet, again literally just read the first bullet point in my reply on here. It comes down to patience, as staff aren't a bunch of high school teenagers that can spend 16 hours a day moderating a game.

Now, there is really no good way to get feedback for why decorations are rejected since there's no notification/pop-up message sent to the player or even a place to give feedback on what to change with the decoration in order for it to be approved (and yes, we know this is something that really should be addressed, which is why we at least have logs on the backend now). Now for your specific decorations, you should apply offsets/scale factors to all of your decorations. The CS-103 models only have scale factors but not X/Y offsets, and since they aren't centered around the decoration model itself and is a large decoration model, it should include X/Y offsets. The CS-103 plasma engine doesn't have scale factors or X/Y offsets provided and has the same issue.

To reiterate the differences, your decorations were stuck in the way back of the queue (but I doubt they were from February as there's been numerous times where the workshop has been cleared from pending decorations). Shroom was complaining about a decoration that he didn't even submit that was rejected because clans aren't officially recognized on PB2 and other clan logos have been rejected from the workshop, but he only likes to use DC as an example because it fits the "staff targetting DC" mantra.

Stryde

Postby marlook23 » 11 June 2021, 19:31

Well, that's was the point I was seeking since the beginning. My sincerest thanks. Are you sure I have to follow every statement?, I'm only saying that initially my work is pixel-art made (even not near to high quality). And for what I can say, my metal fences are "top" (and are actually scalated with the characters sizes). So I can consider, for what I comprehend, that the norms are adjustable to the caracteristics of image that is being sent to approval not itselft. (I've seen that the model F-301 don't have the offset "correctly" hilarius only shows the scale, like mines), whatever, okay, I'll get with it.

It appears that the variation in the new form to accept or deny decorations have been implemented now because I didn't remember read or hear on the forum or by the users anything about controling offset in the author way on huge images. In my personal experience when I've needed to put it into the decor's central region I made by try and error nothing more complicated. The actual size that the author have in mind by x and y yes by relocating it? it's actually odd for the new custom image norms on my judgement.

marlook23
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby Stryde » 12 June 2021, 23:28

The only two things that are being requested are you to put X/Y offsets in the title of all three decorations and a scale factor in one of the decorations. Here is a good example of how to do this:

These requirements have been enforced since November of last year, and have been included in the decoration guidelines since the guidelines have been created inJuly of last year: viewtopic.php?f=116&t=24537

Stryde

Postby marlook23 » 26 June 2021, 20:18

I did it. I applied to the approval and they decided to exclude the artwork.
Well, seeing how the other user named the parts I'll do it exactly like him. If there's another reason for wich you are going to continue this mouse and cat game; please let me know. Equally like you, not everyone here have enough time to have the amount of patient needed to plan, create content (and do not getting excluded) and make finally a map.

marlook23
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby Stryde » 27 June 2021, 00:09

I just checked our logs, and no one has accepted or denied any submission from 'marlook23' in the past two weeks.

No one is playing a cat and mouse game -- you are just attempting to fault the approval team because you never re-submitted decorations to comply with the guidelines.

Stryde

Postby marlook23 » 14 July 2021, 16:53

Still rejected. Seriously, what happen?.

marlook23
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby Stryde » 14 July 2021, 17:05

how dumb do you have to be to comment this and NOT re-upload your decorations to the workshop
source: me, I literally just checked and wasted five minutes of my time

Stryde

Postby marlook23 » 21 August 2021, 12:18

The last reply is a shame for the community of PB2. Now it's been months since I uploaded again following all the rules. Any suggestions?.

marlook23
Cyber Grub [25]

Return to Bug Reporting, Help & Support