Flying in unranked/ranked

Report any bugs here or ask questions here!

Flying in unranked/ranked

Postby Balem » 30 July 2020, 00:59

Well, im sure people noticed about this, besides insane boosting, this trick makes an insane frame glitch too, delayed and insane teleports around, how does this work? well, someone told me it works by using 60 fps plus moving the mouse to left/right hyper fast, i dont remember if high or low physics were needed.

You may ask, whats the problem? (or if u diddnt notice whats the problem with it) it gaves a lof of adventage, you can even fly without legs, which makes in some players that abuse of this issue being immortal to fall damage in ranked/unranked and to be honest its annoying and unfair because not everyone is able to do this, it depends at how much frames does pb2 runs in your pc too, i've seen this being abused a lot of time, falling from top of eric gurt-railwars without LEGS and 0 damage, thats unfair, i hope theres a way to fix it

Balem
Cyber Grub [25]

Re: Flying in unranked/ranked

Postby Girl_Power » 30 July 2020, 02:06

Flying with normal physics is actually against the rules. It is a common abuse of the game feature but no one really cares or gets caught because it's hard to tell if someone is using it. Flying in slo-mo maps is easy and not against the rules but flying in approved maps is.

Spoiler: Show More
10. Gameplay:

10.1 Your gameplay style must be fair to all players.

The following are allowed:
- Camping (Staying in one spot)
- Jump boosting
- Blind-firing
- Weapon spam (Firing continuously)
- Grenade spam (Throwing grenades continuously)
- Avoiding shots using crouch/ragdoll
- Any other fair playstyle

The following are not allowed:
- Hacking/Cheating
- Ping-bombing (Setting ping to levels below the majority of players)
- Physics exploits (For example, flying on a map with standard settings)
- Unfair teaming in approved/ranked deathmatches
- Unfair use of game chat (For example, informing enemy player of the location of teammates)

Moderators may remove (kick) players from matches if they partake in the following acts - these acts are discouraged:
- Being AFK for long periods during matches
- Using an AFK player to farm kills
- Leaving/rejoining matches to purposefully avoid losing PP/PPP
- Abusing the kick option/Kicking players without appropriate reason.
Forever young, ever strong, ever brave.
Girl_Power
Noir Lime [600]

Postby Balem » 30 July 2020, 02:47

i have a friend that knows the trick, he DOESNT abuse of it on unranked/ranked since it requires high physic quality, i will show a video so y'all can have a better image of this issue and how it really affects on new mp, where being accurate is needed always
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCt8uPq2uI0

Balem
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby nightmar » 30 July 2020, 10:47

I have seen people use that in ranked, but I did not know they were actually flying (I thought it was a selfboost visual bug). Damn these bugs keep getting better and better huh?

Isn't that an ancient bug that's supposed to have been fixed? Did it show up again with the new netcode? Cause if so then it is not the only new bug that showed up with it.
How many bugs does this game have anyway? jeez
nightmar
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Postby jeje52 » 30 July 2020, 11:31

nightmar wrote:Isn't that an ancient bug that's supposed to have been fixed? Did it show up again with the new netcode? Cause if so then it is not the only new bug that showed up with it.

Flying has been in the game for many years, I think it's existed as long as the game has. The method of flying which you're probably talking about was fixed a long time ago because it was too gamebreaking and easy to do even at normal speed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bldd09J1lT4

Balem wrote:this trick makes an insane frame glitch too, delayed and insane teleports around

It used to be all fine and synced before the netcode update. Now it's just crazy teleporting and in the flyer's perspective they may see a dude shoot at the ground and hit them when they're in the sky. It either gives them a great advantage or disadvantage there's no in between.
jeje52
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby Nyove » 30 July 2020, 12:57

In case you guys are curious, here's a demonstration of flying.
https://youtu.be/1p7RLyFF0LY

This bug (?) has existed long time ago, and it is one of the reasons why slow-mo maps are no longer deemed approvable.
*cough nyove-rocket cough*
Proud to be part of something meaningful.
Need any assistance? Join the PB2 discord server at https://discord.com/invite/Bhe9rNz or raise a support ticket at https://www.plazmaburst2.com/support

Contact me on discord for quickest reply possible.

Nyove
Falkok [250]

Return to Bug Reporting, Help & Support