High physics boosting is not present in unapproved/offline

Report any bugs here or ask questions here!

High physics boosting is not present in unapproved/offline

Postby lpzimm » 23 July 2020, 23:47

High physics does not have boosting in unapproved maps or offline play. To recreate, compare an offline approved map to an online approved map.

This creates issues with map makers wanting to test to see if certain spots are boostable in MP. The only way to test would be to go to low physics where boosting is different.

The solution would be to add high phys boosting to all applications of high phys.

(This is completely unrelated to my petition post, which says we should use low physics. This is ONLY asking for standardization of high physics boosting.)
lpzimm
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Re: High physics boosting is not present in unapproved/offli

Postby Nyove » 26 July 2020, 11:48

That's a good point to standardise settings between approved and unapproved matches.

The reason why this happens is because certain gameplay settings are different for approved and unapproved matches.
Here is an example that is relevant to your issue.

This explains why approved and unapproved maps have different selfboosting mechanics.
Everyone will have their physics setting set to HIGH in approved matches.
(correct me if I am wrong, I heard this from from Pixelbyte.)

This is to ensure players with different settings experience the same amount of 'selfboost' in approved matches. This feature (different setting for approved matches) is implemented later after the game's released. When the game is first released, these gameplay modifications do not exist for approved maps.

This explains why there is a different gameplay setting between approved and unapproved maps, the game was not designed to have selfboosting in mind.

For now, if players want to playtest their map (factoring in selfboost movements in mind), they can use this trigger action and set Param B = 2.8.
Proud to be part of something meaningful.
Need any assistance? Join the PB2 discord server at https://discord.com/invite/Bhe9rNz or raise a support ticket at https://www.plazmaburst2.com/support

Contact me on discord for quickest reply possible.

Nyove
Falkok [250]

Return to Bug Reporting, Help & Support