Map rotation & Map approval

News related to PlazmaBurst and its community features!

Map rotation & Map approval

Postby Tempus » 28 April 2020, 15:29

Greetings players!

I wanted to take a moment to explain the update. Jumping right in;

As you may have seen, we have a new "Approval status" in the color blue.

And a slight re-color of the old green, but labeled not in rotation.

---

Allow me to explain map rotation. Soon, (within this week) the approval team, will gather and discuss goals and future for the map rotation.

What is map rotation?

Depending what the approval team decides & along with your feedback and ideas. Map rotation is intended to be used to bring in new -- possibly higher quality & higher standards maps to our ranked players.

Map rotation could consist of 10 or more maps (again, we need feedback etc) the goal is to take out maps that aren't played anymore or even possibly put maps that are overplayed... to a temporary rest.

When an approved map gets removed from the rotation, that does not mean it is no longer approved.

In this image, you see the lobby and all of these four maps are approved. However, maps that are on rotation, now display as blue in-lobby.

Additionally, these blue highlighted maps give x1.5 times more Skill Points vs regular approved maps (multiplier might change). The stakes are high and it's meant to be that way. That's why we will possibly have higher standards for these maps & restrictions.

Our goal is to better showcase nicer maps & at the same time keep it fresh and interesting for everyone.

It is still undetermined what will require to accept rotation maps and what will remove them. As I said, the approval team with gather feedback and brainstorm.

Please note -- Default "random" map will only load maps in rotation. When you make a new game and don't have a map ID.

Additionally keep an eye out for our Custom Map Approval Team Tag in your map comments. We will provide some useful information & give you tips on what you can do to improve your map.

Finally, the Admin & Developer Q and A will be hosted soon. I still have to figure out if I will stream it & record it or just record it. Most likely it will be streamed. When it will be hosted is still TBA.

I think that is everything, we hope you all enjoy! Please let us know what you think!

~ PlazmaBurst Staff
Tempus
Advisor

Return to News & Information