Shot by ''Nothing''

Shot by ''Nothing''

Postby Xey » 3 April 2017, 23:36

(I was unfortunately not able to get screenshots as it happens to fast...)

But basically I have been playing long matches of x death-realwar , playing for hours, and usually everything goes fine... until recently when I kept getting shot, now you may say whats the big deal? You get shot all the time?
Well the the issue was this... No one was shooting me, for the record my ping was fine and so was everyone elses so there was no lag... yet when crossing the centerish area of the map I was constantly getting ''shot'' and losing varying degrees of health, 1/4th.. half... or all of it, and during this ''shot'' my sprite bleeds like when getting shot by a gun, but no shot is visible and my sprite doesnt move, When this happens usually no one is near me, its kinda like getting shot by the m4 or glock it terms of how it effects the player, except those aren't in the map... To be honest I have no idea what is causing this, but it is leading to quite a few unwanted deaths. Now this bug was not intentionally repeatable, I tried to cause it and get a screenshot but it seemed to happen at random, but semi regularally...And i'll repeat whenever this only occurs when no is shooting at me. Also I will clarify this is not fall damage, its my character either standing upright or moving on solid ground unimpeded, and then randomly getting ''shot'' out of nowhere. Also I observed the same thing happening to my teammates, it wasn't just me.

Sorry if this makes no sense, I don't understand it either, but figured this is weird enough I should report it. It might just be a projectile glitching through a wall and its sprite disappearing or something, but I'm not sure why that would happen either.
Xey
Recruit

Re: Shot by ''Nothing''

Postby darkstar 1 » 4 April 2017, 00:08

Did this happen whenever somebody shot, even if it was not aimed at you, or just randomly?
What map(s) did you play before?
Did the bug follow you to other maps as well?

darkstar 1
Proxy [700]

Postby Protonoid » 4 April 2017, 06:22

Probably the "nothing" by which you were shot was rather a player with very high ping?
Protonoid
Civil Security Heavy [300]

Postby Terror Only » 4 April 2017, 08:16

map teleports

during the teleportation player doesn't get instantly teleported from point A to point B (left and right corners of the map). his body along with the sniper rifle goes all the way from one point to another with a little time delay(player A's internet data's transferring speed - server - player B's internet data's transferring speed) giving this person a great opportunity to kill you when he is somewhere between point A and point B. in short - it's lag + bad pb2 engine. or in other words - one of many map exploits

similar problem was occuring when you was teleporting in silent phoenix-dead island map. you could probably notice that when you was using a corner teleport while swimming in the water other players could see a water splash in the middle of the map under the groound - proof that the principle of pb2 teleportation is not just changing your position on the map but launching your body in the right direction on very high speed

hope this explains why you was getting shot by "nothing" in xdeath's map. someone was using the exploit on you

the only way to fix this problem is to remove the teleports or do other changes to prevent the "horizontal" teleportation. or modify the pb2 engine (that we all know will never happen)
Terror Only
Falkok [250]

Postby Xey » 4 April 2017, 15:12

Terror Only wrote:map teleports

during the teleportation player doesn't get instantly teleported from point A to point B (left and right corners of the map). his body along with the sniper rifle goes all the way from one point to another with a little time delay(player A's internet data's transferring speed - server - player B's internet data's transferring speed) giving this person a great opportunity to kill you when he is somewhere between point A and point B. in short - it's lag + bad pb2 engine. or in other words - one of many map exploits

similar problem was occuring when you was teleporting in silent phoenix-dead island map. you could probably notice that when you was using a corner teleport while swimming in the water other players could see a water splash in the middle of the map under the groound - proof that the principle of pb2 teleportation is not just changing your position on the map but launching your body in the right direction on very high speed

hope this explains why you was getting shot by "nothing" in xdeath's map. someone was using the exploit on you

the only way to fix this problem is to remove the teleports or do other changes to prevent the "horizontal" teleportation. or modify the pb2 engine (that we all know will never happen)

I did notice that this happened when someone was using the teleport... hmm I theorized that it had something to do with that but I didn't know if that was even possible so I didn't mention it... good to know, seems I wasn't crazy after all lol, Thank you for the explanation :)
Xey
Recruit

Postby DarkDragoNAssassin » 1 August 2019, 11:33

actually i have the same problem i was at a map and a guy was shootıng randomly but even though ı dont get hıt by the bullet but i get damage. how to fix this? the bug begin in a gunshop map made by sonic 727

DarkDragoNAssassin

Postby nightmar » 10 August 2019, 14:07

Xey wrote:
Terror Only wrote:map teleports

I did notice that this happened when someone was using the teleport... hmm I theorized that it had something to do with that but I didn't know if that was even possible so I didn't mention it... good to know, seems I wasn't crazy after all lol, Thank you for the explanation :)

Actually I don't think it is really relevant to teleport because I had a similar case while playing a death match custom map. The difference was that I was shooting at the void (I am 100% sure that nobody was andywhere near the path my bullet was going) and yet a player kept getting hit by me.Oddly enough it always seemed to be the player in slot 1. No teleports exist in the map. However it was experimental so I am uncertain whether or not this is at fault. Either way I thought it might be relevant and decided to let you know
How many bugs does this game have anyway? jeez
nightmar
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Return to Bug Reporting Archive