Bugs/Limitations/Anti-SP/etc. found in the Level Editor

Bugs/Limitations/Anti-SP/etc. found in the Level Editor

Postby GiraRay » 23 September 2016, 22:26

This is just a list of bugs/limitations/etc. that I and others (You may post in comments) have found in the level editor . I am posting this so people are aware of these things and don't waste a good while wondering why these things happen. I myself have no idea why it happens (Most likely coding limitations) but you can take advantage of these things and create something cool and original.

1: AI players cannot activate triggers by shooting.
Triggers activated by "Call trigger 'B' when gun 'A' fired" cannot by activated by a computer controlled player.
When an enemy/an AI player shoots a gun linked with that trigger mentioned above, the "trigger 'B'" will not be activated. It can only be activated by a normal player.

2: "Fake" objects/Negative objects
When placing an object while having a layer/group that doesn't have that type of object, the placed object will become very bugged. To fully achieve this, when making the object (dragging the object height and width) you must drag it in the negative directions (Down is the positive of the Y axis in PB2 for some reason). So, you can start from the bottom right and end in the upper left (It will become a double minus). There are other ways to do this but they all end up with the same physical state (As far as my research goes.) There are probably many other posts about these "Fake" objects.

Water will be untouchable, it will not break falls and you cannot swim in it.

Walls will become untouchable and you can pass right through them. However, when inside the negative wall and unstable, you will not be able to get out.

Pushers will simply not do anything.

Movables have the same physical state as walls. Moving a door to a region is explained below.

Regions are quite strange. The button will make their appearance but will not work as if they are not linked to any triggers. Moving a movable to a negative region is the strange part; The upper left corner of the movable will move to the starting point of the region (In the corner where the making of the negative region started.) The exact same thing happens to movables when the movables are negative.

Making something a fully negative object (With attributes unique to those of normal objects) only works on objects that are dragged in the making (As far as my research goes.)

Note : I'm aware of many people knowing this but there are more people that don't and it can be used in many creative ways and that is why it's on this post.

3: Unusual health

- (-1)HP
When you start with -1 HP, the game wont load at all. To achieve this, simply put -1 Max and current hitpoints on the character.
When Starting the game with -1 Max hitpoints and a positive numerical amount of hitpoints, you will die instantly.

- NaN HP
When you have a number in the editor that isn't fully a number in a written sense (for example 1e+74), you will be paralyzed and unable to move. You will be dead but the game will not reset (In singleplayer) nor will you be able to spectate others (In multiplayer). You're point of view will stay on your dead character. It looks very buggy when you watch it as it happens to you.

Another type of NaN HP is when you use the trigger "Set character 'A' current and max hitpoints to value 'B'" and put Infinity in 'B', you will become almost invincible. The only thing that can kill you is 'Infinite' region damage. When you have this type of NaN Health and go into a pusher that does a non-fully numerical amount of damage (Lowest being 1e+21 and highest being Infninity), you will become dead/paralyzed as mentioned above.

4: Multiplayer CO OP permanent changes
A lot of people know about this one. It is the secret of making Anti-Singeplayer machines (Machines that disable you from playing a map in singleplayer, most often used in Saws).

"Quickly move region with name 'A' to the position of the region with name 'B'" is the most common and possibly the only known way of making Anti-SP machines. When this trigger is activated in CO OP, it will be permanent for the rest of the game, unless it is changed back with another trigger (Unlike in singleplayer where the game needs to reset without any other triggers that change the region position, which is the whole mechanic of the Anti-SP). The same thing happens to decorations; when a decoration is changed, it remains changed for the rest of the game. However, unlike the regions, when changed using a trigger, the decoration multiplies. I haven't done a lot of research on the decorations since it needs to be tested in Multiplayer so I don't know much about it.

You will have to find out yourself how to make the Anti-SP since I don't want to fully reveal the secret ;)

Those are all that I know of for now.

Please leave in the comments a bug that you have experienced that is relevant to those above.

Thanks for reading :D
Last edited by Protonoid on 24 September 2016, 04:51, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: polished a bit
GiraRay
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Re: Bugs/Limitations/Anti-SP/etc. found in the Level Editor

Postby nightmar » 10 August 2019, 15:25

Thanks for saying how to make fake walls. I was busting my head for this one
How many bugs does this game have anyway? jeez
nightmar
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Return to Bug Reporting Archive