please help. problem with decorations, regions and timers

Report any bugs here or ask questions here!

please help. problem with decorations, regions and timers

Postby pocalujmniewdupe » 4 December 2021, 15:10

hello I want to make a button that causes a countdown from 10 to 0, then the decoration of the falling ships is to appear. After the ship crashed, explosions were to appear where the ships fell and last for 30 seconds. after 30 seconds I wanted to do a cooldown for 5 minutes.
problems

- I have problems with counting down I have bugs with timers
- I don't know how to make the decoration of the ship disappear after that
- and I don't know how to make the bursts repeat in a given place for 30 seconds

pocalujmniewdupe
Recruit

Re: please help. problem with decorations, regions and timer

Postby yizhe » 4 December 2021, 17:42

1. set region1 (execute trigger 1, activated by player on 'E')

2. set trigger1 (Maxcalls: 1)

3. set timer1, (executed by region1, execute trigger1, Max calls: 1, timer set to 300. Note: 30 = 1sec)

4. set decoration "nothing"

5. trigger1 (
1st function: set decoration "a" to "b", ParameterA change to "incoming animated ship".
2nd function: set variable A, parameterA name it totalExplosions, parameterB set value to 30.
3rd function: set variable A, parameter A name it counter, parameterB set value to -1. function3: execute timer2,)
6. set timer2 ( execute trigger2, timer set to 1. max calls: 30.)#/steps 6 is the frequency of the explosion, u can play around with the max calls and timer values.

7. set trigger2(Max calls 31,
1st function: execute timer "A", parameterA timer2,
2nd function: cause explosion at region "A", ParameterA set power of explosion, e.g. 5.
3rd function: add variable A with variable B, parameter A set to totalExplosions, parameterB set to counter.
4th function: continue trigger execution when variable "A" =0, ParameterA set to totalExplosions.
5th function: set decoration "A" to "B", ParameterA set to "nothing" decor.
6th function: execute timer3)

8.set timer3(maxcalls 1, timer set to 90000, execute trigger3)

9. set trigger3(Max calls 1.
1st function: set maxcalls of timer "A", Parameter A set to timer1, parameterB set to 1.
function 2:set maxcalls of timer "A", Parameter A set to timer2, parameterB set to 30.
function 3:set maxcalls of timer "A", Parameter A set to timer3, parameterB set to 1.
function 4:set maxcalls of trigger"A", Parameter A set to trigger1, parameterB set to 1.
function 5:set maxcalls of trigger"A", Parameter A set to trigger2, parameterB set to 31.
function 6:set maxcalls of trigger"A", Parameter A set to trigger3, parameterB set to 1.)

#/has been awhile since i last touched the ALE. cant recall exact terms but the functions are certainly there. Go look at Yi En's guide to learn more about trigger action

Best regards,
not Nyove
Meep!
yizhe
Android T-01187 [200]

Return to Bug Reporting, Help & Support