[QUESTION/SUGGESTION] How to disable snow on the map?

Report any bugs here or ask questions here!

[QUESTION/SUGGESTION] How to disable snow on the map?

Postby xElijah » 1 December 2020, 20:19

Hello. How to disable snow on the map? The one that is automatically added to every map from 1st december without map owner's permission. Is covering the whole map with a giant wall the only way to do it? Can this thing just be disabled/removed from game? Because it is annoying that you have to cover your maps with wall every winter.
xElijah
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Re: [QUESTION/SUGGESTION] How to disable snow on the map?

Postby phsc » 1 December 2020, 20:27

Walls seem not to remove the snow falling on the back effect, doors do seem to do that, and as far as I know it is the only way.
phsc
Noir Lime [600]

Postby xElijah » 1 December 2020, 20:31

phsc wrote:Walls seem not to remove the snow falling on the back effect, doors do seem to do that, and as far as I know it is the only way.

Oh, I didn't know. Thanks.
xElijah
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby nightmar » 1 December 2020, 20:44

I remembered an engine mark that said "enable snow on map" so I assumed that there was one to disable it as well. To my surprise when, I looked at the engines, there was no such engine mark. So I guess doors are the only way to prevent snow so far.
How many bugs does this game have anyway? jeez
nightmar
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Postby jeje52 » 2 December 2020, 06:22

If the sky is set to space, it will disable snow. So you need an engine mark to set the sky to space and a trigger that sets it to whatever else you want.
jeje52
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby xElijah » 2 December 2020, 19:56

phsc wrote:Walls seem not to remove the snow falling on the back effect, doors do seem to do that, and as far as I know it is the only way.

No. I tested. Doors don't remove the snow animation either.

nightmar wrote:I remembered an engine mark that said "enable snow on map" so I assumed that there was one to disable it as well. To my surprise when, I looked at the engines, there was no such engine mark. So I guess doors are the only way to prevent snow so far.

Doors don't prevent snow animation when effects are set to high.

jeje52 wrote:If the sky is set to space, it will disable snow. So you need an engine mark to set the sky to space and a trigger that sets it to whatever else you want.

It works. Thanks. Though each sky has its own unique impact on map shadows, which is a problem.
xElijah
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Girl_Power » 2 December 2020, 20:26

I thought if you place a wall on top of your map, the snow will be blocked by the wall. I remember this by playing 707-swords.
Forever young, ever strong, ever brave.
Girl_Power
Noir Lime [600]

Postby broforce1 » 2 December 2020, 20:59

btw, u cannot disable snow only by set up all of the settings on low quality, basically, i avoid snow by just adding a water above my map or a wall above my map so all of the snow wont fall onto my map, my trick is to add water above your base for example to avoid the snow
[[hmmmmhmAYYUHhhhwassauupp] [/broo] [/ur a [gayr]
broforce1
Proxy [700]

Postby xElijah » 3 December 2020, 20:06

Girl_Power wrote:I thought if you place a wall on top of your map, the snow will be blocked by the wall. I remember this by playing 707-swords.

It removes snow that is already on the ground, but the snow animation on the background keeps going.

broforce1 wrote:btw, u cannot disable snow only by set up all of the settings on low quality, basically, i avoid snow by just adding a water above my map or a wall above my map so all of the snow wont fall onto my map, my trick is to add water above your base for example to avoid the snow

Water doesn't remove the snow animation either. It only removes fell snow on the ground. Also water adds more lag to the map than wall or door, but the effect of removing snow is the same in all three cases.
xElijah
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Return to Bug Reporting, Help & Support