Add new music to PB2?

Discuss and suggest any update ideas you have for the Plazma Burst series

Add new music to PB2?

Postby NitroLight » 14 March 2016, 04:34

As far as I am aware, there are only 2 legitimate songs in Plazma Burst 2, and that's the main menu and when you encounter enemies. I was thinking there could be some additional music to use in the Advanced level editor, maybe to set the mood of the map. For example, fighting a losing battle against an army of Usurpation Soldiers would have some dire, dramatic music playing. This music could be turned on and off through triggers.
It's just a thought and I feel it would certainly be interesting. ^_^
I came here to kick ass and chew bubblegum, but it looks I couldn't do either of those-

NitroLight

Re: Add new music to PB2?

Postby Ayano » 14 March 2016, 04:57

To be honest i agree with you..
Adding a specific music on a Moment may change how you understand the Situation
when i make maps i always listen to music and just make a situation out of the music
its kinda boring if you keep on hearing the music when your near an enemy all the time.
so i give this a +3.
Ayano
Android T-01187 [200]

Postby TheGhostSniper » 14 March 2016, 09:27

Yes please. I am planning to make a map called Ghost's Residence, and what you said can fit in the map well and help a lot of map makers. For example, have eerie music in a Ghosthide map to make the seekers insecure and increase the horror feel. But the question is.. How would we get the music? Would the music be already inplemented in the game or do the players "download" the music?
Overall, a +1 from me.
Riot Facts: #001
Spoiler: Show More
Riots can happen in every country, almost at any time. The police uses riot gear to protect themselves from damage, right?
Well, the riot shield might protect the riot police from molotov cocktails, rocks, etc..
But did you know that in most countries, riot shields are rated good against only pistol rounds?
So any caliber shot higher than 9mm. can break the shield, and can damage the wielder of the shield. For example, if someone were to fire a Barett .50cal at an riot police officer, it would break a part from the shield, and it would wound the police officer.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About the Map Commisions..

Map Commisions are now CLOSED. Open the spoiler for progress.
Spoiler: Show More
Apocalypse (theghostsniper-apocalypse), commisioned by yi en. (9.5%)
Inversed Battlefield (theghostsniper-inversedbattlefield), commisioned by ustopable. (5.9%)
TheGhostSniper
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby mrblake213 » 14 March 2016, 13:19

@TheGhostSniper,

So you would like to have customized music?
It's good but I think there is no way to put it on the map.
Last edited by mrblake213 on 16 March 2016, 05:26, edited 1 time in total.
[center] [/center]
mrblake213
Proxy [700]

Postby Martin The Wolf » 14 March 2016, 14:44

Mrblake, TheGhostMusic? TF man.

Anyway, I suggest moving this to PB2.5 because Eric ain't gonna do shit about Pb2.
Bring the rage
Martin The Wolf
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Postby NitroLight » 14 March 2016, 16:44

Martin The Wolf wrote:Mrblake, TheGhostMusic? TF man.

Anyway, I suggest moving this to PB2.5 because Eric ain't gonna do shit about Pb2.

Yeah, I was wondering, I don't know much about Pb2.5, is it already out, where can I play it, or am I playing it on this website without realizing it (because the new weapons I saw that were not part of campaign, like the sniper rifle)
Sorry that I'm so misinformed ._.||

TheGhostSniper wrote:Yes please. I am planning to make a map called Ghost's Residence, and what you said can fit in the map well and help a lot of map makers. For example, have eerie music in a Ghosthide map to make the seekers insecure and increase the horror feel. But the question is.. How would we get the music? Would the music be already inplemented in the game or do the players "download" the music?
Overall, a +1 from me.

I think the music will have to be in the game already. And if you can set triggers for sounds, it would be easy to do so for music as well.
Last edited by Artisan on 14 March 2016, 19:03, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Double-Posting.
I came here to kick ass and chew bubblegum, but it looks I couldn't do either of those-

NitroLight

Postby Artisan » 14 March 2016, 19:05

@NitroLight, Next time use the edit feature when you want to add more information to an existing post.

Artisan
Recruit

Postby tehswordninja » 14 March 2016, 20:06

NitroLight wrote:Yeah, I was wondering, I don't know much about Pb2.5, is it already out, where can I play it, or am I playing it on this website without realizing it (because the new weapons I saw that were not part of campaign, like the sniper rifle)
Sorry that I'm so misinformed ._.||

I think the music will have to be in the game already. And if you can set triggers for sounds, it would be easy to do so for music as well.

PB2.5 is the next PB2 game, its unknown yet if it will be just a remake or a whole new game, but it does have a new engine and such. Jetpacks, skin editor, and more weapons are just some new features. Likely will be out by the end of the year.
(sniper rifle isn't a new weapon btw)

I agree, could be an engine mark as well if you want to set a music track to play for enemy encounters or the whole map, otherwise have a list of 5-15 songs that can be selected when using "Play track A" etc etc
who needs a PB2.5 release date, anyways?
tehswordninja
Proxy [700]

Postby assasinguy » 15 March 2016, 00:22

Yeah more soundtracks, (which are varied of course), would make the game much better and contribute to an atmosphere in a certain situation. Tense music whilst sneaking, mysterious whilst you're out in the open and nothing is happening, perhaps some foreshadowing music when near enemies but not fighting, and obviously ... combat music.

To be honest though, I love the menu music and that should stay the same.
assasinguy
assasinguy
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Postby Toftef » 18 March 2016, 14:19

I'm sure this is a good idea and a special music when you die can be great. ^_^

Toftef

Postby assasinguy » 18 March 2016, 18:25

Death music?!! Why didn't I think of that, let's have it.

(I'm thinking of Metal Gear Solid and the Colonol yelling SNAAAAAKE now)
assasinguy
assasinguy

Postby Munkey » 23 March 2016, 22:42

I thought about asking Eric if I could make some music for the game.
But I ain't sure yet.
Munkey
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby Bramble » 25 March 2016, 16:36

If we had a list of music to choose from it would be cool if it could be updated. Maybe have a section in the forums for screening new music to add to the level editor music selection.
One mans nightmare is another man's hero.
If only perspective were tangible...
-Bramble
Bramble
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby assasinguy » 25 March 2016, 19:36

Hm ... having a large library of in-game soundtracks for mapmakers to use would be cool.
assasinguy
assasinguy

Postby Copy_ » 29 March 2016, 17:53

This most likely won't happen in PB2 and PB2.5

--> http://prntscr.com/almkv0
The only ones who should kill, are those who are prepared to be killed.
- Lelouch vi Britannia
Copy_
Civil Security Lite [100]

Return to Other Ideas