Dynamic map-approval policy

Discuss and suggest any update ideas you have for the Plazma Burst series

Dynamic map-approval policy

Postby monkeyman2535 » 1 March 2016, 23:19

This is something I'd like to see implemented in PB2.5 as well, but since I think there might still be time for it here in PB2, I'll post it here too. Not sure if policy necessarily counts as an update, so I stuck it in this category.

It's well known that certain approved maps can easily come to dominate PB2. These maps, although a source of activity for multiplayer, have an unfortunate tendency to crowd out any other maps that people might play. This discourages players from attempting to host games on different maps, therefore discouraging mapmakers from making new maps, and ultimately resulting in an atmosphere of sameness and stagnancy. I propose that Eric give an admin the map approval tools and use them to police the current state of approved maps. Essentially, if a map becomes too popular, that admin can unapprove it and seek out a new map to approve in its place.

I believe this system would work best if the number of approved maps is kept relatively stable, rather than constantly increasing. Most new approvals here would be to replace an old one, rather than creating an unnecessary glut of maps. This way, PB2 would have a constantly new and fresh corpus of approved maps to play, with a wide variety of innovations.

To deal with the side effects this would bring to mapmakers with maps which get unapproved, I also propose that a map that gets unapproved will keep the LDR it gave the mapmaker as an approved map.

This is also good because Stryde-sniper will burn forever in the fires of hell.
✿✿✿~*.:тнσѕє αяє му тнσυgнтѕ:.*~✿✿✿
monkeyman2535
Civil Security Lite [100]

Re: Dynamic map-approval policy

Postby Swish C » 2 March 2016, 00:05

:D :D I agree strongly with u u got my approval

Swish C
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby Hikarikaze » 2 March 2016, 00:16

So basically old maps will get replaced with new maps every time there's an approval rotation going on?

In that case, I wouldn't mind that. It's getting boring seeing the typical stryde-sniper and EGRW maps. A change and some diversity wouldn't hurt at all.
Hikarikaze
Noir Lime [600]

Postby mingo1 » 2 March 2016, 07:01

I completely agree with this.

There's some excellent maps out there that should instantly be approved because they're original, unique, and balanced but will just never be big enough.

Great idea bro.

:)
mingo1
Administrator

Return to Other Ideas