Gun attachments

Discuss and suggest any update ideas you have for the Plazma Burst series

Gun attachments

Postby maxim12 » 8 January 2016, 23:36

Can we have gun attachments like in crysis 2/3?

Laser sight - Improvess accuracy.
Increased ammo magazine - Allows you to make more shots per magazine. (If It's going to be implented.)
Heat cooler - Less overheat when you hold the fire for long. (If It's going to be implented.)
Silencer - Mutes gun fire sounds, Makes all bullets and shots projectiles less visible, but reducing damage.
Thunder and Blood

maxim12
Phoenix Falkok [450]

Re: Gun attachments

Postby the real slayer » 8 January 2016, 23:47

Well, this is a 2D flash game and not a 3D fps game like Crysis...I'm not sure these attachments would work...

Laser Sight seems cool, unsure of how it would improve accuracy since players could just fly all over the place and evade the bullets, but it could work. It's good for singleplayer tho, at least in my opinion.

Increased ammo/Heat coller magazine...oh well...I never wanted reload and such to be implemented into the game (cause I luv spamming bullets m8) but if it is implemented then these two would work perfectly.

Silencer...I don't see the point of that, since a stealth approach is nearly impossible in PB2 (in multiplayer it's impossible) and + it reduces damage...what's the use of that?

Other attachments could be added as well, but overall i don't think they would work in a 2D flash game like this :nope:

the real slayer

Postby shadowstorm122 » 9 January 2016, 00:34

Imo, I think attachments would only be good for an aestetics point of view
Would be cool to see a marine AR converted into a battle rifle tho.
shadowstorm122
Falkok [250]

Postby Wardemption » 9 January 2016, 09:07

Gun attachments?
Wew... Don't know but may be great.
Fitting a grenade launcher to a rifle. XD
Freedom's from, not to.
Wardemption
Falkok [250]

Postby Yung Bladee2K » 9 January 2016, 09:12

All i have to say is "nyet, rifle is fine"

I can see it being an appearance thing only but not a performance tweak or anything. it'd end up ruining the purist look of most guns thats been consistent throughout this series, you feel me fam?

Yung Bladee2K

Postby guest-electric fish » 9 January 2016, 11:34

I like that idea.
Spoiler: Show More
now the show is over ladies and gentlemen !!!! thanks for being here tonight and i really appriciette your presence so once again thank you very much and have an good night
guest-electric fish
Falkok [250]

Postby assasinguy » 9 January 2016, 20:56

I'd love to see this in both SP and MP, however, it would have to work differently in both game modes.

SP: You can click on each gun and use in-game currency to buy attachments similarly to the way you need to buy guns in the campaign.

MP: Mapmakers can decide which attachments a gun has using some extra parameters in the level editor for each gun, just a simple "yes/no" option for each attachment.

The MP way of working things would also apply to SP series' I guess.
assasinguy
assasinguy
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Postby Professional Nerb » 23 January 2016, 18:30

This would be very nice,indeed. But if one of the weapons has a powerful receiver,calibrated etc. Those would cost atleast 10000 game currency. However if there was a flamethrower attachment,Eric probably won't make that because she hates flamethrowers. It would be a close range weapon and would be great for a zombies custom map. But that most likely won't happen. So have a good day. Maybe in an update in 2.5 we could have a flamethrower attachment for winter :). Have a good day everyone,Pray for plazma burst 2.5!

Professional Nerb
Recruit

Postby tehswordninja » 23 January 2016, 18:35

assasinguy wrote:I'd love to see this in both SP and MP, however, it would have to work differently in both game modes.

SP: You can click on each gun and use in-game currency to buy attachments similarly to the way you need to buy guns in the campaign.

MP: Mapmakers can decide which attachments a gun has using some extra parameters in the level editor for each gun, just a simple "yes/no" option for each attachment.

The MP way of working things would also apply to SP series' I guess.

Yeah, I like this better. So perhaps instead of upgrade levels there could be attachments? Or maybe both?
who needs a PB2.5 release date, anyways?
tehswordninja
Proxy [700]

Postby assasinguy » 23 January 2016, 22:13

Well, upgrade levels, as we have them in PB2, are just increasing the power of a gun. Assuming we get a full set of gun customisation parameters and attachments, all of those things will individually contribute to how powerful a gun is, as well as the separate option to edit how much damage a gun's projectile does.
assasinguy
assasinguy

Postby yi en » 24 January 2016, 07:49

gun attachments vs upgrade levels.
basically, i prefer using money to buy the attachments. (if in campaign)
or else in MP, maybe it can, just as decoration which is set by map developer.
or else, we need a whole remake of PB 2.5 that "you have your own guns" type.
yi en
Civil Security Boss [500]

Postby Da Lightning Creeper » 27 January 2016, 13:07

i could like a suppressor on available guns. to be SILENT
Spoiler: Show More

RIP_Butter

Da Lightning Creeper
Recruit

Postby assasinguy » 27 January 2016, 19:34

Suppressors definitely open up a whole new range of playing styles for SP, you could play campaign stealthily and mapmakers could create maps in which the enemy force outnumbers you, meaning you have to sneak past them and completely change the way you play.

As for MP, they would give you a slight advantage but wouldn't be too overpowered, I'm not sure how many people actually turn the sound effects volume up and listen carefully for certain noises such as somebody landing after a big drop or using their swords, to judge where they are in a map or what weapon they have.
assasinguy
assasinguy

Postby assasinguy » 15 February 2016, 22:59

Please don't necropost, (reply to a topic 14 days or longer after the previous post), topic locked.
assasinguy
assasinguy

Return to Other Ideas