Rating maps

Discuss and suggest any update ideas you have for the Plazma Burst series

Rating maps

Postby Wardemption » 2 December 2015, 02:56

It's funny that we need to get 200 kills for getting "old" for rating maps in Pb2. Some new people get 200+ kills in a single day and rate maps not by even looking at them whereas some older players reset their kills and aren't able to rate.

We should change this system...
We can change it. It should be changed to like for 2-3 months a player plays and then he can rate maps. No, not by just getting 200+ kills in a day or an year.

What do you think?
Freedom's from, not to.
Wardemption
Falkok [250]

Re: Rating maps

Postby darkstar 1 » 2 December 2015, 13:13

Ye, the possiblity to rate after a few weeks/months would be good, but it will be easy to farm (200+ kills is easy too), maybe another system to make it impossible for second,... accaunts to rate maps.

darkstar 1
Proxy [700]

Postby Alica » 2 December 2015, 13:29

We've already been thinking about a new system for Pb2.5 to prevent rate-farming.
Unlikely that we'll have this as an update for Pb2 since Eric did stop the development of updates (did he?).
Alica
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Agreed

Postby Vexiled » 3 December 2015, 16:35

I agree that this should be changed (As I'm currently going through this dilemma, as I rarely play in approved matches.), but not through a "time required" system. It could easily increase the amount of farming, because all someone needs to do is create various new accounts and checkup on them from time to time until the time passes. Though then again I'm not really sure what would work best.. A system through email verification could definitely help (Where you can't use the same email twice), but I know that many wouldn't like that.
We are machines, tools bereft of heart. We have lived, yet were never alive. Let us die having lived.
Vexiled
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby assasinguy » 4 December 2015, 00:14

I would say an account has to be 2 months old with at least 250 kills.

2 months ensures that the person is sort of experienced in PB2, and is too long for people to wait for effective rate farming.

250 kills ensures that the person has played enough and seen a few maps to have a sort of well-informed opinion ... I didn't say that well, hopefully you see what I'm getting at. Once again it makes it too fussy for people to rate farm with new accounts.
assasinguy
assasinguy
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Return to Other Ideas