Rules Popup (For Guests)

Discuss and suggest any update ideas you have for the Plazma Burst series

Re: Rules Popup (For Guests)

Postby mingo1 » 3 November 2015, 10:20

NNC wrote:@Sniper J
No, this is bullshit. Why not remove registered users' ability to chat, if they can write bad things too?

I believe he said "GUEST" ability to chat, not registered users.

:)
mingo1
Administrator

Postby Silent Aurora » 3 November 2015, 21:21

mingo1 wrote:
NNC wrote:@Sniper J
No, this is bullshit. Why not remove registered users' ability to chat, if they can write bad things too?

I believe he said "GUEST" ability to chat, not registered users.

You didnt get his point mingo. Sniper is saying if guests are getting their ability to type then users might too since users do bad things as well.

To answer that, we can report those users and ban them. With guests, the rule breakers are protected because of anonymity.
Silent Aurora
Silent Aurora
Heavy Marine [900]

Postby spirit9871 » 3 November 2015, 23:02

If that's the case Silent, then I perhaps suggest some sort of system where cursing in-game for Guests deletes their phrase and warns them (sorta like how the PB2 chat worked). If they proceed to curse twice more, then they are kicked from the match. It won't totally fix toxicity, but it's certainly a good start to pushing it down.
The world is defined by those willing to act, not by those dreaming to act.
spirit9871
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Silent Aurora » 4 November 2015, 18:08

In theory it works nicely but actually implanting it and making it, that's the hard part.
Silent Aurora
Silent Aurora
Heavy Marine [900]

Postby Arc_ » 5 November 2015, 10:12

The problem with the curse thing, is that people would like twist the words a bit to avoid the censor. Unless someone decides to add a curse to almost all possible twists of the word.

Then there are problems like getting cursed when someone says a word like "assassin".

Arc_
Cyber Grub [25]

Postby Silent Aurora » 5 November 2015, 19:00

Arc_ wrote:The problem with the curse thing, is that people would like twist the words a bit to avoid the censor. Unless someone decides to add a curse to almost all possible twists of the word.

Then there are problems like getting cursed when someone says a word like "assassin".

Exactly, there will always be ways bypassing the system.
Silent Aurora
Silent Aurora
Heavy Marine [900]

Postby spirit9871 » 6 November 2015, 01:16

Arc_ wrote:The problem with the curse thing, is that people would like twist the words a bit to avoid the censor. Unless someone decides to add a curse to almost all possible twists of the word.

"Assassin" was a blocked term on the PB2 chat?
The world is defined by those willing to act, not by those dreaming to act.
spirit9871
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby mingo1 » 6 November 2015, 03:36

Keep in mind that many guests already have accounts and are just there to troll and rage. I'm sure many of them know the rules and are aware of how they are SUPPOSED to act, but avoid doing so.

Therefore, if we had this rule popup thing, I don't believe it would affect much. Telling them to get accounts is even worse. Giving them an account won't stop the stupidity of some of their actions.

mingo1
Administrator

Postby gordonwater » 7 November 2015, 04:08

How about removing the whole guest system thing? Seriously, there would be more actual players than silent or weird guests. They will be able to have their own kdr and vote for maps that they liked and frequented in

gordonwater
Recruit

Postby Sniper J » 7 November 2015, 04:19

The guest system, I feel, is a way for people to test the game out, to see if they like it, or just play to get the basic controls down. The only problem I have with them is their ability to speak, which is why I said that we should remove their ability to chat. With users, at least you can report them, guests you can not. Besides, I feel as though that guests make up a hefty percent of the PB2 population in-game.

Sniper J
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Previous

Return to Other Ideas