What happened to the community..?

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

What happened to the community..?

Postby mokaal » 24 June 2023, 18:49

As a 2015'er player ( joined as a guest in 2015 ), players in PB2 matches were friendly and were not that toxic or cocky back then, as well as every server I get in ( California, Ukraine and probably Germany ) were around 3k minimum to 10 k maximum even during the time when discord didn't exist.

Now as in 24th of June 2023, the community is changed for the very worse, the members in both discord server ( PBD & PBC ) are not only toxic and unfriendly, but also degenerates and completely weirdos, in addition to today's MP not even reaching 50 players.

The community nowadays is a former shell of it's glorious past self...
Plazma Burst 2 had its moments,

let it rest peacefully among the legendary flash games.
mokaal
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Re: What happened to the community..?

Postby Fixer21 » 24 June 2023, 20:35

And this is supposed to reach who? The community u hate?

I personally haven't joined any Discord server for that matter but keep playing from time to time and as I see things, if you are friendly to others who still are playing, they will be friendly to you.
Fixer21
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby mokaal » 25 June 2023, 10:45

Fixer21 wrote:And this is supposed to reach who? The community u hate?

Indeed, I personally refer this forum to the current community because guess what? They're no longer as we used to be, we're filled up with toxic people, annoying people, complete degenerates and try hard clanners that to this day won't accept the fact that the game died, even to this day I always see Dark Clan and Cartel battling over some Paul308-base territory, the map that is very low quality, Hell I really consider xnx-base better than that map million times.
Are you really satisfied with that status quo of the community? The community COMPLETELY forgot the old legendary maps, myriad of it, thousands if not millions of maps that are made by Bosscat1, Cahir, Bluee and many many of well known and respected map developers.

Fixer21 wrote:I personally haven't joined any Discord server for that matter but keep playing from time to time and as I see things, if you are friendly to others who still are playing, they will be friendly to you.

You are completely wrong unfortunately, you didn't acknowledge the fact that I AM friendly, despite my status I still get insulted at, getting namecalled with R slur, N slur and F word ( despite not being gay ), if you really follow the standard ( Respect me and I respect you ) I'm sorry but you are nothing but a fool and you really need to adapt to the current circumstances by changing that standard, because you're no longer will be respected forcing you not to respect anyone.
Plazma Burst 2 had its moments,

let it rest peacefully among the legendary flash games.
mokaal

Postby broforce1 » 25 June 2023, 12:29

i dont really find things different, the multiplayer is always filled with weirdos but i see u what u mean... as we have more "weirdos" nowadays than before seem to highlight the issues with community even more, and not only that but the discord server of the pb2 community has separated, but lets analyze the main issues ( basically what i think :> )

starting with the game, the multiplayer was released back then in 2011, that years was really different for the game as it was new and barely impressive for what its back then, however, hence the game had issues with the netcode, years passes and so the community was growing and so it brings more unique people, and obviously most of em came from the modern era of gaming that always can stop giving a f*ck bout the bugs and so netcode makes people angrier and toxic, now maybe thats okay but with the community growing into a point where most of players are young enough then all of these arent really mature so they all are degenerate, and so this really affects the community overtime.

now with that being said, we know why its all going down, cuz nobody is supportive and seem always to dislike each other since that the fanbase is a mixture between degenerate kids and mature adult members, obviously "mature adult members' are most of em old and are the only reason to keep this community an okay place, but since of these good are leaving this would lead the community to decay a year by a year as we are left with more weirdos lol, now not all old members are great cuz the longest standing one seem to become more weirder for some reason (maybe cause of shitty society nowadays)

as for discord, this should explain why the community started having separated servers, as the staff who likes the servers being healthy seem to disagree with the staff that doesnt care about the health of the community as well, now i dont know the whole story of the discord server's separation so i might be missing something, but since the majority who joins the PBD server, we are more likely to see more weirdos in the server cuz the other type of members who prefer a healthier place seem to go to PBC, despite that both place arent healthy overall, PBC seems healthier than PBD, what do u think?
[[hmmmmhmAYYUHhhhwassauupp] [/broo] [/ur a [gayr]
broforce1
Proxy [700]

Postby alj99 » 25 June 2023, 13:07

broforce1 wrote:what do u think?

In pbd, i don't read the #general a lot myself, only on #mapmaking. Since the subject I find there are usually interesting, and i don't see any weirdos there as you guys may say.

In pbc tho, #maps is extremely likely to have any activity. Instead some people may discuss about pb2 in #general, including map making. Weirdly enough, I think more new(?) people ask more in pbc than in pbd about map making. I wouldn't be aware of that stuff hadn't peacyquack ping me on it.
Hello.
alj99

Postby eru_ » 4 July 2023, 11:34

mokaal wrote:As a 2015'er player ( joined as a guest in 2015 ), players in PB2 matches were friendly and were not that toxic or cocky back then, as well as every server I get in ( California, Ukraine and probably Germany ) were around 3k minimum to 10 k maximum even during the time when discord didn't exist.

Now as in 24th of June 2023, the community is changed for the very worse, the members in both discord server ( PBD & PBC ) are not only toxic and unfriendly, but also degenerates and completely weirdos, in addition to today's MP not even reaching 50 players.

The community nowadays is a former shell of it's glorious past self...

Well it's been a year since I left PBC, and I never joined PBD. However, as what I remember, PBC was totally horrible.
The best thing to do is just join unofficial servers, they have a better moderation and more friendly atmosphere.
eru_
Civil Security Heavy [300]

Postby Tossah » 5 July 2023, 00:37

eru_ wrote:The best thing to do is just join unofficial servers, they have a better moderation and more friendly atmosphere.

well said

Tossah
Recruit

I have no idea, if I'll be honest.

Postby Longbow Mangudai » 7 July 2023, 14:49

I myself never interacted with the community that much until I first joined PBC in... I can't remember what year it was... 2016? 17?

But what I do know, is that I got a lot of harassment for using my real name (my full real name, at that. Not revealing it here because it's sensitive information), like being called a terrorist. I think it was around the time the community was transitioning from being friendly to being overly toxic, because I don't really remember encountering this type of behaviour before 2016-ish or earlier. Thankfully I don't face it anymore since I came up with my username.
yes, i am the funny pb2ocr/uni-magination/strange 6 guy, what about it?
Longbow Mangudai
Recruit

Postby darkstar 3 » 9 July 2023, 19:10

darkstar 3
Recruit

Return to General Discussion